From the Editors
9 July 2012 marks the eighth anniversary of the Advisory Opinion issued by the International Court of Justice. Al-Haq and Diakonia are holding a seminar in Bethlehem University featuring local and international academics and advocates, including Prof. William Schabas, Adv. Tessa Gregory, Mr. Ruben Carranza, Ms. Sheerin Al-Araj, Ms. Malin Greenhill, and Mr. Shawan Jabarin. The seminar will conclude Al-Haq’s campaign, ‘Annexation Wall: 10 Years Too Long,’ which calls for the Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT) to be dismantled in line with the 2004 International Court of Justice Advisory Opinion.
The construction of the Annexation Wall in the OPT has faced international criticism on the basis of its illegality under international law. The International Court of Justice called on Israel to cease construction of the Wall in the OPT, to dismantle the sections already built therein, and to make reparations for damage caused. Despite such an authoritative opinion and the ensuing condemnation from a number of other United Nations bodies, Israel continues to illegally build the Wall in the OPT without interruption.
As such, the seminar will largely reflect upon legal and advocacy initiatives undertaken in the last decade to seek full implementation of the recommendations of the International Court of Justice Advisory Opinion and will explore alternative courses of action based on Third-State Party responsibility under international law.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 24)
- أوهام ليبرالية
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis from the Publishing/Academic World
- Syria Media Roundup (May 23)
- Asfari Institute Inaugural Conference: New Spaces of Civil Society Activism in the Arab World (Beirut, 23-24 May)
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)
- Jadaliyya's Occupation, Intervention, and Law Page Resonates
- Al Jazeera Management Orders Joseph Massad Article Pulled in an Act of Pro-Israel Censorship
- سعادت حسن منتو: قصة قصيرة
- Reports Roundup (May 18)