From the Editors
Visualizing Palestine creates visual stories for social justice based on data from globally respected Palestinian, Israeli, and international human rights organizations; academic institutions; and other official sources.
VP was initiated in 2011 as a network and online platform. Its visuals are created by bringing together an international and interdisciplinary network of individuals and partner organizations working at the intersection between research, design, technology, and new media. VP adopts a rigorous and methodical approach to research, design, and dissemination, as described in its process wheel.
VP disseminates these visual stories through its online platform and its social media presence – on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr – under a Creative Commons license. By doing so, VP seeks to harnesses the power of social media to assist communities around the world in spreading an informed, factual narrative and – through collective action – to enable a more critically aware conversation on Palestine/Israel.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
"It’s unacceptable to call them military trials, it’s unacceptable to call them anything else than what they really are: an oppressive tool, the most important tool [SCAF is] using, to scare people and to terrorize people."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- أوهام ليبرالية
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis from the Publishing/Academic World
- Syria Media Roundup (May 23)
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)
- Jadaliyya's Occupation, Intervention, and Law Page Resonates
- Al Jazeera Management Orders Joseph Massad Article Pulled in an Act of Pro-Israel Censorship
- سعادت حسن منتو: قصة قصيرة
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family