From the Editors
The two maps presented here offer subtly different representations of the same set of Israeli public transport data, collected from bus.co.il. Both plot the same Israeli bus routes as they travel to, or via, the same illegal settlements in the Palestinian West Bank.
Across the Wall explicitly illustrates the bus routes in the light of the growing annexation of Area C of the West Bank, and how the network allows Israelis to travel freely across the Separation Wall purportedly built to "protect" them from Palestinians. Meanwhile, Greater Israel Bus Connections shifts the focus to reflect the Israeli settler's experience of the West Bank (here named "Judea and Samaria") as an indivisible part of "Greater Israel," its Palestinian inhabitants reduced to anonymity in the "restricted" Area A enclaves.
Conspicuously absent from both maps is the Palestinian experience of public transportation within the West Bank, where hundreds of checkpoints and other obstacles subject Palestinians to delays, detours and arbitrary closures. The bus networks that previously connected Palestinian towns and cities to East Jerusalem are now all but severed.
1 comment for "Greater Israel Bus Connections & Across the Wall"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Bernstein aims to denounce HRW, but unintentionally helps explain the organization’s persistent shortcomings.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26)
- الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري
- Syria Media Roundup (August 15)
- Antisemitism and Salaita
- Israel's "Operation Status Quo": A Preliminary Assessment
- Who Are the Insurgents and Counterinsurgents?
- Support for Steven Salaita and the UIUC Boycott Continues to Grow
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 18-24)
- لا تقصص رؤياك
- Badr Shakir Al-Sayyab: A Profile from the Archives
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 August)
- منام الطفل السنجاريّ
- Gauging the July-August 2014 Gaza War
- Gaza and the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood
- Gaza's Resistance: RT interviews Daniel Calic, Norman Finkelstein, and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- Why the Gaza Truce Failed
- One Year after Raba'a: An Interview with Adam Sabra and Mona El Ghobashy
- Studio Visit with Doa Aly
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Full text of UN Study: approaching 200,000 killed in Syria. http://t.co/nwyvepbK58
yesterday at 10:52 AM
ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري http://t.co/iL5y2eENmV
yesterday at 8:23 AM
ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري http://t.co/vRngwalpbI
yesterday at 8:20 AM
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26) http://t.co/4EafJqXvb0
yesterday at 8:15 AM
[يا سلام] BBC News - Syria will help US fight terrorism, says Walid Muallem http://t.co/nAezvctvfm
yesterday at 8:04 AM