From the Editors
On 15 July 2012, employees of the Gulf of Aden Ports Corporation marched from the gate of the Port of Mualla to the Governor's office in Aden to protest mismanagement of the company. Specifically, the employees called for the abolition of the Corporation's partnership with Dubai World and the release of Yemeni sailors who have been kidnapped by Somali pirates.
The following video features the groups statement as read by Abdul-Nasser Wasel, a spokesperson for the protesters.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
It is the curse of al-mahjar, the diaspora, no matter how long you have lived away from home, a part of you is uprooted every time you leave.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Jadaliyya Launches Turkey Page
- 'All of a Sudden!': Gezi Park Resistance in Ankara
- Producing Pera: A Levantine Family and the Remaking of Istanbul
- Defiant Turkish Demonstrators 'Finding New Ways to Protest': Turkey Page Co-Editor Nazan Ustundag on Democracy Now!
- Occupy Angara: A Situation Assessment in a State of Emergency
- Defining the Terrain of Struggle in Taksim
- Egypt Media Roundup (June 17)
- حديثي مع الشيطان
- New Texts Out Now: Markus Dressler, Writing Religion: The Making of Turkish Alevi Islam
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (June 18)
- فرانكشتاين في بغداد
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (17 June)
- هل يمكن تطوير الجدل حول المثلية الجنسية؟
- Resisting Tear Gas Together
- معتقلو موريتانيا في غوانتانامو
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 10-16)
- Will the Presidential Elections “Cure the Pain” of the Iranian People?
- الانترنت والعولمة الثقافية
- #resistankara: Notes of a Woman Resisting
- It Is About the Park: A Struggle for Turkey’s Cities