From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following photos were posted by Woman from Yemen on 24 July 2012.]
Earlier this month I had a brief visit in the warn torn Southern province of Abyan. Like any war, the impact on civilians and residents is often ignored.
The war in Abyan has killed innocent civilians and displaced hundreds. Schools have been closed, and the main hospital was bombed. Many have lost family members, and many others are wounded. Their homes have been destroyed, and basic necessities are non-existant.
Residential buildings, hospitals, and schools were hit by air strikes.
With no compensation, and no way to seek justice, residents resent the government that has failed to protect them and instead allowed air strikes to kill indiscriminately.
One thing is certian, more research and documentation regarding what is really happening on the ground.
The photos here are of residential and commercial buildings that were impacted by the war.
These photos were taken in the city of Zinjibar on July 1 & 2, 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“These rituals have been institutionalized in the political system and have become part of the political discourse in Morocco.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Precarity of Youth: Entrepreneurship is not the Solution
- Palestine Media Roundup (February 24)
- الغرب والسوريون: مبيعات الأسلحة الأمريكية والأوروبية للشرق الأوسط 2011- 2014
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty
- Palestine Media Roundup (18 February)
- اليأس كسلاح للاستبداد