From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following photos were posted by Woman from Yemen on 24 July 2012.]
Earlier this month I had a brief visit in the warn torn Southern province of Abyan. Like any war, the impact on civilians and residents is often ignored.
The war in Abyan has killed innocent civilians and displaced hundreds. Schools have been closed, and the main hospital was bombed. Many have lost family members, and many others are wounded. Their homes have been destroyed, and basic necessities are non-existant.
Residential buildings, hospitals, and schools were hit by air strikes.
With no compensation, and no way to seek justice, residents resent the government that has failed to protect them and instead allowed air strikes to kill indiscriminately.
One thing is certian, more research and documentation regarding what is really happening on the ground.
The photos here are of residential and commercial buildings that were impacted by the war.
These photos were taken in the city of Zinjibar on July 1 & 2, 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
To understand the context and conceptualization of this revolution means first to understand whom this uprising was against, and not necessarily what this uprising was for.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 26)
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey