From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following photos were posted by Woman from Yemen on 24 July 2012.]
Earlier this month I had a brief visit in the warn torn Southern province of Abyan. Like any war, the impact on civilians and residents is often ignored.
The war in Abyan has killed innocent civilians and displaced hundreds. Schools have been closed, and the main hospital was bombed. Many have lost family members, and many others are wounded. Their homes have been destroyed, and basic necessities are non-existant.
Residential buildings, hospitals, and schools were hit by air strikes.
With no compensation, and no way to seek justice, residents resent the government that has failed to protect them and instead allowed air strikes to kill indiscriminately.
One thing is certian, more research and documentation regarding what is really happening on the ground.
The photos here are of residential and commercial buildings that were impacted by the war.
These photos were taken in the city of Zinjibar on July 1 & 2, 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
It is now a battle of will: who will put conditions on whom: us, or them? Who names the new government or transitional council: SCAF, or the Square?click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Erdogan, Turk milliyetciligi kartina oynuyor
- Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23)
- Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven Salaita (27 October 2014 at GMU)
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam http://t.co/AmeAB1qa56
yesterday at 8:30 PM
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/p6EKLEEBXg
yesterday at 1:23 PM
Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven... http://t.co/GgjAHG3xzz
yesterday at 1:20 PM
yesterday at 12:24 PM
Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23) http://t.co/8rrzHq0Ljr
yesterday at 9:01 AM