From the Editors
Jadaliyya's second summer bouquet features an essay by the new co-editor of the Culture Page, Maymanah Farhat, fiction from Lebanon, poetry from Egypt, a remembrance of the great Ghassan Kanafani, and an interview with two Kuwaiti filmmakers.
Maymanah Farhat, "Portrait of America: Kehinde Wiley at the Jewish Museum"
Marilyn Booth, "An excerpt from Hassan Daoud's "The Penguin's Song""
Suneela Mubayi, "Amal Dunqul's "Spartacus' Last Words""
Faisal Hamadah, "Interview with Two Kuwaiti Filmmakers"
Rasim Al-Madhoun, "Ghassan Kanafani: The Symbol of the Palestinian Tragedy"
All previous culture posts can be accessed here. Tell us what you think. For questions, comments, or submissions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
"Despite the resumption of bilateral negotiations, the potential to shift away from the Oslo framework remains viable precisely because the options created by the statehood bid remain available."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
In Conversation with Artist Nadia Ayari http://t.co/0Ob6sefULR
10 hours ago
In Turkey, Some Labels Keep on Giving http://t.co/sZp5ukU43u
11 hours ago
Panel Discussion: “'Resistance Everywhere': The Gezi Protests and Dissident Visions of Turkey" (City University... http://t.co/HrFAdplCq9
11 hours ago
Open Letter: Urgent Need for Cross-Border Aid for Syrians http://t.co/HnxIdcPxtS
on Saturday 08 March at 04:23 PM
Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss http://t.co/i3dWLBcToc
on Saturday 08 March at 09:00 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- In Conversation with Artist Nadia Ayari
- In Turkey, Some Labels Keep on Giving
- Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss
- DARS Media Roundup (March 8)
- Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadinlarin Bilme Bicimleri
- We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March!
- لماذا لم يثر الصعيد؟ محاولة أولية للفهم ودعوة للنقاش
- عن السيد الجديد والمرأة المصرية
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين
- New Texts Out Now: Annika Marlen Hinze, Turkish Berlin: Integration Policy and Urban Space
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2014)
- The (Ir)relevance of Academia? Academics Lash Back at Kristof for NYT Column
- Les quartiers populaires et les printemps arabes: Elements pour une approche renouvelee
- Buradan bir cikis var mi? Ya da neden HDP’deyim?
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Muhammad Ali on his Frontline Documentary "Syria's Second Front"
- Syria Media Roundup (March 4)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 4)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 4)
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Health, Access, and Contributions