From the Editors
Jadaliyya's second summer bouquet features an essay by the new co-editor of the Culture Page, Maymanah Farhat, fiction from Lebanon, poetry from Egypt, a remembrance of the great Ghassan Kanafani, and an interview with two Kuwaiti filmmakers.
Maymanah Farhat, "Portrait of America: Kehinde Wiley at the Jewish Museum"
Marilyn Booth, "An excerpt from Hassan Daoud's "The Penguin's Song""
Suneela Mubayi, "Amal Dunqul's "Spartacus' Last Words""
Faisal Hamadah, "Interview with Two Kuwaiti Filmmakers"
Rasim Al-Madhoun, "Ghassan Kanafani: The Symbol of the Palestinian Tragedy"
All previous culture posts can be accessed here. Tell us what you think. For questions, comments, or submissions, email us at email@example.com.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
This idea that violence is antithetical to democratic struggle is not just seductive, in some quarters it is also dogmatic.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 28)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 21-27)
- Reporter Jon Snow on Gaza's Children: Misery and Responsibility
- The Informants: Manufacturing Terror
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 26)
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
- Statement by Palestinian Academics, Public Figures, and Activists in Gaza: No Ceasefire Without Justice
- The Palestinian Resistance and Its Enemies
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Debates the Tactics and Ethics of Warfare on PBS Newshour
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
The Informants: Manufacturing Terror http://t.co/MJSVACBKid
12 hours ago
Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive http://t.co/6lbv9eqcLo
13 hours ago
CFP: Medinas in the 20th & 21th Centuries (Algiers, February 2015) http://t.co/ps2PeNA2UL
13 hours ago
Egypt Media Roundup (July 28) http://t.co/Y5XvDwhouY
14 hours ago
Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 21-27) http://t.co/z7ttK05HQy
17 hours ago