From the Editors
Jadaliyya's second summer bouquet features an essay by the new co-editor of the Culture Page, Maymanah Farhat, fiction from Lebanon, poetry from Egypt, a remembrance of the great Ghassan Kanafani, and an interview with two Kuwaiti filmmakers.
Maymanah Farhat, "Portrait of America: Kehinde Wiley at the Jewish Museum"
Marilyn Booth, "An excerpt from Hassan Daoud's "The Penguin's Song""
Suneela Mubayi, "Amal Dunqul's "Spartacus' Last Words""
Faisal Hamadah, "Interview with Two Kuwaiti Filmmakers"
Rasim Al-Madhoun, "Ghassan Kanafani: The Symbol of the Palestinian Tragedy"
All previous culture posts can be accessed here. Tell us what you think. For questions, comments, or submissions, email us at email@example.com.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Such shows of force on our campuses, as much as the actual acts of violence themselves, need to be declared completely unacceptable.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- يافا والموسيقى و"فوائد" النكبة
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 May)
- Islamists and Transitional Justice
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 24)
- أوهام ليبرالية
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis from the Publishing/Academic World
- Syria Media Roundup (May 23)
- Asfari Institute Inaugural Conference: New Spaces of Civil Society Activism in the Arab World (Beirut, 23-24 May)
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)
- Jadaliyya's Occupation, Intervention, and Law Page Resonates