From the Editors
Jadaliyya's second summer bouquet features an essay by the new co-editor of the Culture Page, Maymanah Farhat, fiction from Lebanon, poetry from Egypt, a remembrance of the great Ghassan Kanafani, and an interview with two Kuwaiti filmmakers.
Maymanah Farhat, "Portrait of America: Kehinde Wiley at the Jewish Museum"
Marilyn Booth, "An excerpt from Hassan Daoud's "The Penguin's Song""
Suneela Mubayi, "Amal Dunqul's "Spartacus' Last Words""
Faisal Hamadah, "Interview with Two Kuwaiti Filmmakers"
Rasim Al-Madhoun, "Ghassan Kanafani: The Symbol of the Palestinian Tragedy"
All previous culture posts can be accessed here. Tell us what you think. For questions, comments, or submissions, email us at email@example.com.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Scholars are increasingly unwilling to accept the prohibition of their work from public view… academia is a pay-to-play system... Open access would benefit everyone except the companies that are making millions off unpaid labor."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 2)
- September Culture Bouquet
- Khaled Takreti: Modern Life
- Samih al-Qasim: I Will Engrave Our Names on the Wind
- Samih al-Qasim: The Last Train
- Samih al-Qasim: Two Poems
- ABOUNADDARA’s Take on Images in the Syrian Revolution: A Conversation between Charif Kiwan and Akram Zaatari (Part Two)
- من إنجيل العراق الضائع
- Revolutionary Street Art: Complicating the Discourse
- Khalil Sweileh: from Barbarians' Paradise
- Djerba, Tunisia: Garbage Disposal, the Environmental Crisis, and the Awakening of Ecoconsciousness
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31)
- On SJP’s Freedom to Organize: An Open Letter from CUNY Faculty
- New Texts (NEWTON) Compilation by Category For Fall Semester
- One Century after World War I and the Balfour Declaration: Palestine and Palestine Studies
- Italian-Palestinian Relations: What Went Wrong?
- From Containment to Counterinsurgency in the Gaza Strip
- Sharing the Nile Waters According to Needs
- After The Ceasefire: Searching for Accountability
- Cities Media Roundup (August 1-30)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Samih al-Qasim: Two Poems http://t.co/k54dD13qSN
11 hours ago
September Culture Bouquet http://t.co/aLlukSgDKW
12 hours ago
Khaled Takreti: Modern Life http://t.co/PPoHRnpsOI
12 hours ago
Samih al-Qasim: I Will Engrave Our Names on the Wind http://t.co/P8BBcTVIfv
12 hours ago
Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31) http://t.co/7k8TfmI0oa
15 hours ago