From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Egyptian Government Attempts to Suppress Media The Committee to Protect Journalists reports on government censorship, particularly at the state run Al-Akhbar newspaper.
InCABI Statement on India-Israel Free Trade Agreement The Indian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel issues a statement condemning the ongoing negotiations between Israel and India on a free trade agreement.
Kuwaiti Government Official Condemns Twitter The Arab Network for Human Rights Information denounces claims by the Kuwaiti officials that Twitter is a tool of hostile countries to spread discord in the Arab world.
Gaza in 2020: A Liveable Place? The United Nations Country Team in the Occupied Palestinian Territory reports on the economic, demographic, and agricultural future of Gaza, suggesting that living conditions will continue to deteriorate until that time.
Moroccan AFP Journalist Beaten and Harassed by Police in Rabat Video footage shows Moroccan journalist Omar Brouksy facing police harassment as he attempts to cover a protest against the "king loyalty ritual" in Rabat.
Moroccan State Propaganda and the Western Sahara Conflict The Robert F. Kennedy for Justice and Human Rights chronicles its mission to the Western Sahara and Algerian refugee camps through video and Twitter. In comparison to their account of human rights abuses, Moroccan state television shows children supposedly protesting in support of detained Moroccan soldiers.
Syria: Joint Rapid Food Security Needs Assessment The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations reports on the increasing threat to crop production and livestock in Syria.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reports Roundup (May 25)
- يافا والموسيقى و"فوائد" النكبة
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 May)
- Islamists and Transitional Justice
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 24)
- أوهام ليبرالية
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis from the Publishing/Academic World
- Syria Media Roundup (May 23)
- Asfari Institute Inaugural Conference: New Spaces of Civil Society Activism in the Arab World (Beirut, 23-24 May)
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)