From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Egyptian Government Attempts to Suppress Media The Committee to Protect Journalists reports on government censorship, particularly at the state run Al-Akhbar newspaper.
InCABI Statement on India-Israel Free Trade Agreement The Indian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel issues a statement condemning the ongoing negotiations between Israel and India on a free trade agreement.
Kuwaiti Government Official Condemns Twitter The Arab Network for Human Rights Information denounces claims by the Kuwaiti officials that Twitter is a tool of hostile countries to spread discord in the Arab world.
Gaza in 2020: A Liveable Place? The United Nations Country Team in the Occupied Palestinian Territory reports on the economic, demographic, and agricultural future of Gaza, suggesting that living conditions will continue to deteriorate until that time.
Moroccan AFP Journalist Beaten and Harassed by Police in Rabat Video footage shows Moroccan journalist Omar Brouksy facing police harassment as he attempts to cover a protest against the "king loyalty ritual" in Rabat.
Moroccan State Propaganda and the Western Sahara Conflict The Robert F. Kennedy for Justice and Human Rights chronicles its mission to the Western Sahara and Algerian refugee camps through video and Twitter. In comparison to their account of human rights abuses, Moroccan state television shows children supposedly protesting in support of detained Moroccan soldiers.
Syria: Joint Rapid Food Security Needs Assessment The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations reports on the increasing threat to crop production and livestock in Syria.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
“Even with continued Israeli control of the Palestinian coast and airspace, Gaza’s trade with the rest of the world could be re-routed to transit through Egypt and Jordan."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (June 18)
- فرانكشتاين في بغداد
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (17 June)
- هل يمكن تطوير الجدل حول المثلية الجنسية؟
- Resisting Tear Gas Together
- معتقلو موريتانيا في غوانتانامو
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 10-16)
- Will the Presidential Elections “Cure the Pain” of the Iranian People?
- الانترنت والعولمة الثقافية
- #resistankara: Notes of a Woman Resisting
- It Is About the Park: A Struggle for Turkey’s Cities
- 'Ottomanalgia' and the Protests in Turkey
- إصلاح بروتوكول باريس في عامه العشرين: أسئلة وأجوبة لإرضاء الإصلاحي العنيد
- Report from Istanbul: Koray Caliskan on Democracy Now
- Syria Media Roundup (June 13)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (June 14)
- Debunking the Myth of the Zionist Left
- Iran’s Presidential Elections: The Live Embers of a Democratic Opposition Glow
- Sultan of Sultans
- On the Margins Roundup (June)