From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
As Syria Free-Falls . . . A Return to the Basics (Part 1) Bassam Haddad outlines “three stubborn facts” of the Syrian uprising.
Syria Media Roundup (August 30) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syria: Joint Rapid Food Security Needs Assessment United-Nations’ Food and Agricultural Organization issues this report.
The Balkanisation of Syria: Myth or Reality? Franco Galdini says the discourse of Balkanisation “serves a different purpose than the study of the Syrian crisis.”
Syria Media Roundup (August 23) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
From Resilience to Revolt: Making Sense of the Arab Spring Report issued by the Research and Documentation Centre (WODC) of the Dutch Ministry of Security and Justice.
Dark Humor Facebook Pages of the Syrian Opposition C. Ella Wind on how dark humor is used to convey a variety of viewpoints held by the Syrian opposition.
Syria Media Roundup (August 16) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syria: Prospects for Intervention Chatham experts say “the choice is no longer one of intervention versus non-intervention, but rather between maintaining or increasing existing levels of external intervention and allowing the conflict to drift.”
Syrian Refugee Photo Essay on the situation of refugees in Jordan, Turkey, Iraq and Lebanon.
Syria Media Roundup (August 9) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syria's Mutating Conflict International Crisis Group’s executive summary of the developments of the Syrian crisis, focusing on three alarming trends.
Syria Media Roundup (August 2) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Said’s legacy is one that insists on the necessity of solidarity, and of linking up various forms of struggle. But it is also one that deepens our understanding of solidarity by noting that solidarity and criticism, sometimes taken to be opposites, are in fact closely linked...click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Egypt Media Roundup (June 17)
- حديثي مع الشيطان
- Defining the Terrain of Struggle in Taksim
- New Texts Out Now: Markus Dressler, Writing Religion: The Making of Turkish Alevi Islam
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (June 18)
- فرانكشتاين في بغداد
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (17 June)
- هل يمكن تطوير الجدل حول المثلية الجنسية؟
- Resisting Tear Gas Together
- معتقلو موريتانيا في غوانتانامو
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 10-16)
- Will the Presidential Elections “Cure the Pain” of the Iranian People?
- الانترنت والعولمة الثقافية
- #resistankara: Notes of a Woman Resisting
- It Is About the Park: A Struggle for Turkey’s Cities
- 'Ottomanalgia' and the Protests in Turkey
- إصلاح بروتوكول باريس في عامه العشرين: أسئلة وأجوبة لإرضاء الإصلاحي العنيد
- Report from Istanbul: Koray Caliskan on Democracy Now
- Syria Media Roundup (June 13)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (June 14)