From the Editors
The Arab Studies Institute (ASI) is now offering new internship opportunities that involve training and production at various levels in one of ASI’s five organizations: Arab Studies Journal, Jadaliyya, Forum on Arab and Muslim Affairs, Quilting Point, and Tadween Publishing (launching soon!). The internships offered are in several areas, but we are particularly looking for the following:
Area (A): Research and Administrative Assistant (with Database Management Skills)
Area (B): Video Editors (with knowledge of Final Cut Pro)
Area (C): Graphic Designer/Artist (Mac User with Photoshop skills or equivalent)
Area (D): Media and Social Media Management and Outreach (e.g., knowledge of Excel, Filemaker Pro, and/or Database Management skills)
Area (E): Arab Language Copy-Editors/Proofers (with some experience)
Area (F): English Language Copy-Editors/Proofers (with some experience)
Area (G) Photo Assistant Editor (with interest in Photography)
[Knowledge of, or proficiency in, Arabic is preferable for some positions]
ASI is looking for candidates who are self-motivated, prone to collaborative efforts, and eager to develop their skills in a variety of respects. Despite specialization in particular areas, ASI interns will be trained to develop various sets of skills (including writing, type-setting, editing, networking, managing, and/or administrating), especially if they remain on board for more than one term.
Applicants should apply online by clicking here:
• Cover letter (clearly indicating your area of interest and previous expertise)
• Resume or CV
• One recommendation letter and two references (contact information only)
• Writing sample or portfolio
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until September 17th.. Internships involve a fifteen- to twenty-hour workweek, mostly via cyber-space. Location of applicants need not be in Washington DC in most cases but is necessary in others. Inquiries may be sent to info@ArabStudiesInstitute.org
[Incomplete applications will not be considered]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
The project does not take for granted the notion that these are truly competitive elections equally accessible to all important social forces in Egypt, and featuring serious candidates and real political parties with meaningful agendas and coherent political platforms.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
- The Wonder Box
- Scholars Pledge to Boycott UIUC Over the Firing of Steven Salaita
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel kills three top Hamas commanders http://t.co/yO9tW6AABS
yesterday at 7:05 AM
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:45 AM
@sakkeh3arja Not at all. Yourself and Pulse, as well as others, will be invited to join an e-roundtable to address this properly.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:43 AM
@sakkeh3arja just saw this comment. shows you're really angry, and incorrect in this assumption/tweet.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:33 AM
@sakkeh3arja no denials. it's for all to see, and follow. despite ur accusations and insults, we engaged. must sign off for real now.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:32 AM