From the Editors
[Our first Interview is conducted by Jadaliyya Co-Editor, Noura Erakat]
In this interview, Ali Ahmida (bio here) discusses how the recent civilian revolt began as a reformist movement and quickly transformed into a revolutionary one demanding regime change. Ahmida also places the opposition forces in their geo-political context in light of Libya's legacy of post-colonial state building. Ahmida concludes by exploring the three possible scenarios in the next phase of Libya's revolt. Please excuse the low quality audio at the outset of Ali Ahmida's comments.
The interview is in three 8-minute parts below:
2 comments for "Jadaliyya Interview with Ali Ahmida"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
The project does not take for granted the notion that these are truly competitive elections equally accessible to all important social forces in Egypt, and featuring serious candidates and real political parties with meaningful agendas and coherent political platforms.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 30)
- A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting
- Displaced Intentions
- When Your Name is on the Blacklist
- عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء"
- Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel
- Turkey’s New Migration Policy: Control Through Bureaucratization
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 22-28)
- El Rass
- Excavating the Sky
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 29)
- Turkey after Gezi: An Interview with Simten Cosar
- Tadween Spotlight: Gaza
- Evden Emlaga Fikirtepe: Rant ve Spekulasyon Ekseninde Kentsel Donusum
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (August-September 2014)
- Syria Media Roundup (September 26)
- Emergency Humanitarian Appeals and Gaza’s On-going Destruction: The Case of Failed Accountability and Sustainability
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 25)
- Ghassan Salhab: Making of 'The Valley'
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30) http://t.co/vKI9UFWkU2
yesterday at 9:29 AM
A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting http://t.co/DvoTs6z64p
yesterday at 6:35 AM
Displaced Intentions [A Review of "Write Down, I Am an Arab"] http://t.co/9koS9qYu4j
yesterday at 6:06 AM
When your Name is on the Blacklist http://t.co/hiIIn74mxM
yesterday at 1:09 AM
أمجد ناصر: عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء" http://t.co/7hvNhLA9WB
yesterday at 11:48 PM