From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
The military, however, has quickly come to the realization that the protesters are imposing new realities on the ground. Those realities threaten the future of the current political order and, by implication, the privileges the military was able to secure under Muslim Brotherhood rule.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- National Association of Chicana and Chicano Studies Annual Conference Endorses Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Reflections on Public Spaces in Revolutionary and Post-Revolutionary Tunis
- من اجل مجتمع مدني فاعل في مصر: مقابلة للوضع بين لينا عطا الله وجاسر عبد الرازق
- إدواردو غاليانو: عدوّ النسيان
- Academics for Palestine Ireland supports the organisers of the Southampton conference
- Twenty Wheelchairs Roam Downtown Cairo in Mission Roosevelt
- نقابة الصحفيين: احتكار بالقانون
- عن ما بعد الثورة وقبلها: مقابلة للوضع بين سنان أنطون وبلال فضل
- Dwekh Nawsha: A Christian-Iraqi Militia
- The Joint List: The Fetishism of Representation and the Illusion of Influence
- On Developments in Yarmouk: France 24 Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- New Texts Out Now: Ran Greenstein, Zionism and its Discontents: A Century of Radical Dissent in Israel/Palestine
- It’s a Kind of a Domesticated Wilderness: An Interview with Abbas Akhavan
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 14)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 14)
- Setups and Slander against Morocco's Dissidents: Sex, Drugs, Money, and Videos
- Istanbul Film Festival Cancels Competitions Due to Censorship
- Okmeydani: A Targeted Territory
- O.I.L. Monthly Edition (March 2015)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 13)