From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The public devaluation of Arab life enables a society that sees itself as “enlightened” and “democratic” to repeatedly send its army to slaughter the largely defenseless population of the Gaza Strip."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Hassan Khan: Taraban
- Soma, Ermenek, Yirca: Can Anti-Coal Activists Defend Coal Miners and Olive Farmers?
- Historical Realities of Concept Pop: Debating Art in Egypt
- New Texts Out Now: Isabelle Werenfels, Beyond Authoritarian Upgrading: The Re-Emergence of Sufi Orders in Maghrebi Politics
- Syria Media Roundup (December 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 16)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 16)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 15)
- Aloha Aina: Notes From The Struggle in Hawai’i
- The Politics of "Unveiling Saudi Women": Between Postcolonial Fantasies and the Surveillance State
- The Islamic State: The Fear of Decline?
- ملف من الأرشيف: نظيرة زين الدين
- Countercurrent: Bahrain Watch: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Reda al-Fardan and Mona Kareem
- Mohamed Abla Painting Award
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 8-14)
- Open Letter to Mr. Rem Koolhaas
- 'Nefes alamiyorum': Baskaldirinin farkinda misiniz?
- The Flow and Entrapment of Syrian Jazira Music
- Censorship and Detention in Egypt, A Personal Account: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Alaa Abd El Fattah and Lina Attalah
- في الإعتراض على قانون الإيجارات الجديد: رسالة مفتوحة الى المجلس النيابي