From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
On the tenth anniversary of 9/11, it is tempting to want to linger on the part about “being right,” but it’s more important to focus on why “it didn’t matter” because we are still right, and it still doesn’t matter.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Jadaliyya Launches New Palestine Page
- Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism: Profiting Israel, Entrenching the Blockade
- Gaza One Year On: The Crisis Never Ended
- The Limits of Humanitarianism
- Rebuilding Gaza Needs Freedom and Normality – Not Just Aid
- Palestinian Refugees Deserve to Live in Dignity
- Quick Thoughts: Nathan Thrall on the Gaza Strip One Year After Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- Arab Film on Israeli Television: An Interview with Eyal Sagui Bizawe
- Permission to Kill in Gaza
- Jadaliyya Launches Law and Conflict Page (Formerly O.I.L.: Occupation, Intervention, Law)
- New Texts Out Now: Nicola Perugini and Neve Gordon, The Human Right to Dominate
- How To Not Know about the CIA’s Targeted Killing Program
- New Texts Out Now: Wolfgang Kaleck, Double Standards: International Criminal Law and the West
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 6)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 29- July 5)
- 'I must save my life and not risk my family’s safety!': Untold Stories of Syrian Women Surviving War (Part 2)
- Will the Greferendum Bring A Rupture?: Answers from the European Left
- Against Terror, No Way Forward Without Respect for Human Rights
- المال ليس كل شيء: إعادة النظر في الاقتصاد العسكري في مصر
- The Land of Fear and Oppression