From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Any movement that wishes to resist capitalist exploitation and domination needs to understand the constant changing nature of capitalist organization and power. New forms of domination and exploitation require new techniques and strategies of resistance."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March–April 2016)
- Cities Media Roundup (April 2016)
- Photography Media Roundup (5 May)
- New Texts Out Now: Thea Renda Abu El-Haj, Unsettled Belonging: Educating Palestinian American Youth After 9/11
- DARS Media Roundup (April 2016)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 3)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 25-May 1)
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 2)
- On Municipal Elections in Lebanon and the Prospects of Change
- Causes and Dynamics of the Syrian Uprising: From Civil Protests to the Implications of the Russian Intervention - A STATUS/الوضع Lecture by Bassam Haddad
- Derailing Democracy?: The Anti-Boycott Playbook Explained
- Five Years After the Arab Uprisings: An Interview with Asef Bayat
- Statement by International Committee for the the Red Cross on Indiscriminate Violence in Aleppo
- Jeremy Corbyn Hasn’t Got an “Anti-Semitism Problem,” His Opponents Do
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 29)
- القدس 2016: إجراءات تهويدية تُبقي عوامل الانفجار قائمة
- الحضارة بين عقل الأفندي والأكاديمي
- أفكار سريعة: ماريا فانتابيه حول أكراد سورية
- فلسطين-إسرائيل: تفكيك الاستعمار الآن والسلام لاحقاً
- The Human Right to Dominate: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Nicola Perugini