From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
فما فعلته حكومة أردوغان هو أبسط ما يتوقعه أى شعب يتم الاعتداء على أبنائه وخاصة من قبل دولة تربطه بها اتفاقيات وعلاقاتclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Syria Media Roundup (March 23)
- Boris Brejcha at D-CAF
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (28 March)
- Illicit Sex in Ottoman and French Algeria: An Interview with Aurelie Perrier
- Harvard Event: Anthony Alessandrini on Fanonian Nonviolence: After the African Spring (6 April)
- Snapshot: Palestinian Spring
- Yemen at Crossroads: An Interview with Activist Hisham Al-Omeisy
- New Texts Out Now: Don Karl and Basma Hamdy, Walls of Freedom: Street Art of the Egyptian Revolution
- New Texts Out Now: Khalil Bendib, Too Big To Fail
- New Vision for 13th Festival of Young Creators
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 24)
- What is the Role of Academia in Political Change?: The Case of BDS and Israeli Violations of International Law - from STATUS/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 24)
- Boycott, Sovereign Anxieties, and the Decolonizing Temporality of Return: A Note on Adi Ophir’s Remarks on BDS
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 16-22)
- Kurdish Alevi Music and Migration: An Interview with Ozan Aksoy
- Twelve Years After Iraq Invasion: An Interview with Rijin Sahakian, and “ A Letter to Al-Mutanabbi Street” by Sinan Antoon
- On Palestinian Cinema: An Interview with Film Director Najwa Najjar
- Kareem Lotfy and Andeel: New Folder (2)
- "The Amir of Bahrain and the Beautiful Scottish Lady": Political Satire in the Arab World