From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"It is hard to surmise whether much of the reaction to Iranian cinema abroad stemmed from the fact that it was cinema about Iran, or was due to its groundbreaking cinematographic methods"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- الإخوان من الجماعة إلى الفرقة
- تقييم حالة الإعلام الخاص فى مصر
- Mubarakism on Steroids: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Hesham Sallam Interviewed on the Anniversary of the Revolution
- The Revolutionary Practice of Endurance
- Is Cairene Graffiti Losing Momentum?
- “Old People Are Not Revolutionaries!” Labor Struggles Between Precarity and Istiqrar in a Factory Occupation in Egypt
- Will the Counter-Revolution Continue?
- Charlie Hebdo ve Cumhuriyetin Sinirlari
- Visualizing Impact: The Long Run & On the Brink
- Call for Submissions: Palestine Yearbook of International Law
- Syria Media Roundup (January 19)
- مجلة الدراسات الفلسطينية العدد 101: تطورات القدس ومسألة السلفية الجهادية
- Rap as Activism in Morocco: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Mouad Belghouate (El-Haqed) and Samia Errazzouki
- الجسد والسلطة في السينما
- درويش خارج النص
- On the Margins Roundup (January)
- Coming Soon! Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle In Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Luca Anceschi, Gennaro Gervasio, and Andrea Teti, Informal Power in the Greater Middle East
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Sinan Antoon Wins 2014 Saif Ghobash Banipal Translation Prize
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 12-18)