From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
For the past week, the world's attention has been focused on the protests in front of US embassies in Muslim majority countries. There has been special attention devoted to the protests in front of the American embassy in Cairo. However, Egyptians were gearing up for a different kinds of protest! Egyptian journalist and activist Hossam El-Hamalawy speaks about the recent wave of labour strikes in Egypt.
Nancy Hormeshea, a human rights lawyer, discusses the Iran Tribunal, a commission modeled after the Burton Russell peoples' court tribunal on Vietnam. In the summer of 1988, following a decree by Ayatollah Khomeni, over five thousand political prisoners were secretly executed and their bodies dumped in unmarked mass graves on the outskirts of Tehran.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Pour les Palestiniens, une inquiétude se manifeste à l’égard de l’islam politique: le lexique islamique utilisé par une partie de l’insurrection armée dissuaderait les Palestiniens résidant en Syrie de s’engager dans une guerre prenant une coloration de plus en plus confessionnelle."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Not Much Special in UN Middle East Missions
- إعادة ابتكار فلسطين: السينما من أجل السلام في جنين
- The Armenian Genocide and the Politics of Knowledge
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (March-April 2015)
- Naema’s Office is Bleeding
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (April-May 2015)
- We Are All Uncomfortable: On Academic Boycott & What Is Productive
- New Texts Out Now: Bedross Der Matossian, Shattered Dreams of Revolution: From Liberty to Violence in the Late Ottoman Empire
- Memory and Forgetfulness in A Settler Colony
- طائرة الجثامين الصباحية
- Wearing Catastrophe on Our Chests
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 19)
- Academic Freedom, Ethics, and Responsibility: The Silencing and Censoring of Palestine in Western Liberal Academia
- Then and Now: LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on State Institutions in Lebanon
- النكبة كمصل في الوريد
- Turkey Media Roundup (May 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 18)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 11-17)
- This is the Time. This is the Record of the Time