From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya completes its second year today. In trying to keep up with events and expectations, we slept even fewer hours during this year. We are happy to do it all over again, at least for a few decades.
There is so much to keep up with, so we will not write much here. Suffice it to say that we really (really) appreciate the support of our readers who made Jadaliyya what it is. With nearly zero advertising, our content travelled the globe on a daily basis. It was emailed, tweeted, facebooked, tumblred, and assigned in many a classroom, in both Arabic and English.
In the past year, we expanded our Arabic section, created country/regional/topical pages that covered nearly the entire region and a variety of important topics, and filled screens and classes near and far. In the coming weeks, we will gradually unveil recent and new developments on our pages. Stay tuned.
What lies ahead during these turbulent times, regionally and globally, deserves not only attention, but a kind of sobriety that is capable of fostering a fuller understanding and, if we are lucky, of charting a better future. We hope to play a consequential role in contributing to this process.
With your support, we are here to stay, so do stay with us. Thanks for reading.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
وعلى قدر ما أرى فإن هيمنة البرجوازية على المجال الديمقراطي الناشئ لن تكتب ليمين الوسط بل ليسار الوسط باعتباره الوحيد القادر على إيجاد نظام رأسمالي تنموي يحظى بشرعية شعبيةclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Syria Media Roundup (March 27)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- إسطنبول.. لجوء في انتظار اللجوء
- الأغنية الوطنية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع ايليني مستكلم وفارس شوملي
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 20-26)
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 27)
- Dark Beirut: The (In)Visibility of Electricity
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 26)
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)