From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya completes its second year today. In trying to keep up with events and expectations, we slept even fewer hours during this year. We are happy to do it all over again, at least for a few decades.
There is so much to keep up with, so we will not write much here. Suffice it to say that we really (really) appreciate the support of our readers who made Jadaliyya what it is. With nearly zero advertising, our content travelled the globe on a daily basis. It was emailed, tweeted, facebooked, tumblred, and assigned in many a classroom, in both Arabic and English.
In the past year, we expanded our Arabic section, created country/regional/topical pages that covered nearly the entire region and a variety of important topics, and filled screens and classes near and far. In the coming weeks, we will gradually unveil recent and new developments on our pages. Stay tuned.
What lies ahead during these turbulent times, regionally and globally, deserves not only attention, but a kind of sobriety that is capable of fostering a fuller understanding and, if we are lucky, of charting a better future. We hope to play a consequential role in contributing to this process.
With your support, we are here to stay, so do stay with us. Thanks for reading.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016
- قصائد للشاعر امبرتو سابا، المجلد الثاني
- Foucault’s Folly: Iran, Political Spirituality, and Counter-Conduct
- مَن يطهِّر مَن عرقيًا؟: استيلاء إسرائيل على الرواية الفلسطينية
- Media on Media Roundup (April 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (April 19)
- Foucault: Against the Ideology of Enlightenment
- Bassam Haddad and Brian Edwards Discuss Middle East Studies and Public Scholarship
- كتب- علي عبد الأمير: رقصة الفستان الأحمر الأخيرة
- Life and Death in Palestine - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Ben Ehrenreich
- The Refugee Crisis in Greece- A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Georgia Arapidou
- JinJin Fear with Zizi: An Interview with the Rocca Family
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 10-16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 18)