From the Editors
Call for Applications: PARC Fellowship for Scholars Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine, 2013-2014
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 14th annual round of competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian Studies for 2013 - 2014.
To be eligible for research fellowships, the following criteria must be met:
- The research project must make a contribution to Palestinian Studies. The research can be in any area of Palestinian Studies, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and sciences. Purely scientific research, however, is not eligible for this fellowship.
- The research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- The research must take into account that the fellowship is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time research commences. The fellowship does not cover tuition fees.
- Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are also eligible. Applicants with a master’s degree may only apply for a joint project with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Individual and joint research is eligible, i.e. research can be done by a group of researchers.
- Women applicants are especially encouraged.
- PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
Interested candidates should send a brief pre-proposal via email to PARC Palestine by 30 October 2012. Pre-proposals must be in English.
The pre-proposal must consist of the following:
- A 500-750 word summary outlining the research topic, justification, objectives, research problem, methodology, and time-frame for completion.
- Curriculum vitae of no more than three pages.
- A research budget indicating the amount requested.
- A copy of graduate transcript(s) for doctoral students only.
- Pre-proposal application completed in full, available here.
Award amounts will range from $3,000 to $6,500.
Applicants will be notified by 30 November 2012 if their pre-proposal has been approved. Approved applicants will then be requested to fill out a detailed application and submit a full proposal. While research may be conducted in either Arabic or English, final full proposals must be in English. The Palestine Office will offer editorial assistance and advice, whenever possible, in developing full proposals. The deadline for this full proposal is 4 January 2013. Awards will be granted 8 March 2013.
For information on requirements and procedures and to acquire a proposal package, visit the PARC website or contact:
PARC PALESTINE OFFICE
P.O Box 549, Emil Habibi St., 4th floor Al Nahdah Bldg., Almasyoon, Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
An historic event by any measure, Mubarak’s trial invites reflection in and of itself, but also as a barometer of the fortunes of the January Revolution as a whole.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)
- Jadaliyya's Occupation, Intervention, and Law Page Resonates
- Al Jazeera Management Orders Joseph Massad Article Pulled in an Act of Pro-Israel Censorship
- سعادت حسن منتو: قصة قصيرة
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family
- الليبرالية الفلسطينية أمام القضاء الإسرائيلي
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Academic Freedom and the Middle East: A Handbook for Teaching and Research
- Syria's Inglorious Basterd