From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The politics of segregation has greatly hindered a collective understanding of shared realities and common histories across the east and west banks of the River Jordan. As individuals who are invested in the relationship between Palestine and Jordan, the historical trajectory of the two compels us to examine where we are now and how we can build new alliances to overcome the social, economic, and political challenges of the day.
The river has two banks is an initiative addressing the growing distance between those living on both sides of the river by creating multiple occasions for discussions. The program unfolds from September to November 2012 across different locations in Amman, Ramallah, Birzeit, and the Jordan Valley, and culminating in a bilingual Arabic/English online publication.
This series of connected events is made up of a artworks, film screenings, research projects, and traveling artist talks that explore different contemporary and historical aspects of Palestinian Jordanian identities and politics.
The invited contributors unveil unexpected stories about leading figures, unappreciated heroes, and recovered audio-visual materials creating mutli-layered interpretations that bring into question dominant ideological narratives.
The river has two banks examines the landscape that ultimately leads us to the river itself--both a symbol and a myth, but most importantly as it stands today--a diminishing natural resource that is accessible to very few of us.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
لقد كانت تركيا أول دولة ذات أغلبية مسلمة تعترف بالدولة الصهيونية، وعقدت معها منذ الخمسينيات صفقات تجاريةclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- فهد سوريا - الجزء الأول
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 26 فبراير
- The Precarity of Youth: Entrepreneurship is not the Solution
- Palestine Media Roundup (February 24)
- الغرب والسوريون: مبيعات الأسلحة الأمريكية والأوروبية للشرق الأوسط 2011- 2014
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty