From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Syria Media Roundup (September 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
من المآسي المضاعفة للنزوح:فتيات سوريات للزواج "بثمن بخس Mohammad Al-Fdaylat writes about the hardship that Syrian women who have sought refuge in Jordan face in the country, as "noble" men continue to treat them as commodities that should be bought and sold for competitive prices.
Syria Media Roundup (September 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
الطاغية إبن الطاغية As'ad Abukhalil writes about the rule of the tyrant, son of a tyrant.
Syria Media Roundup (September 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
السلطة الساعية إلى انتزاع الطائفة من جبلها إلى عنفها Salma Idilbi discusses Alawite loyalty to the Asad regime and puts it in the context of their history in Syrian politics.
Syria Media Roundup (September 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The FSA: How to Lose Support and Alienate People in No Time Rita from Syria on people’s disenchantment with the armed opposition.
The Love Affair with Erdogan (Part 2) Agnes Czajka suggests it is Erdogan’s “impressive performance in the international arena that sustains his international reputation.”
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s summary of events for August.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"It is hard to surmise whether much of the reaction to Iranian cinema abroad stemmed from the fact that it was cinema about Iran, or was due to its groundbreaking cinematographic methods"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey