From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Syria Media Roundup (September 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
من المآسي المضاعفة للنزوح:فتيات سوريات للزواج "بثمن بخس Mohammad Al-Fdaylat writes about the hardship that Syrian women who have sought refuge in Jordan face in the country, as "noble" men continue to treat them as commodities that should be bought and sold for competitive prices.
Syria Media Roundup (September 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
الطاغية إبن الطاغية As'ad Abukhalil writes about the rule of the tyrant, son of a tyrant.
Syria Media Roundup (September 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
السلطة الساعية إلى انتزاع الطائفة من جبلها إلى عنفها Salma Idilbi discusses Alawite loyalty to the Asad regime and puts it in the context of their history in Syrian politics.
Syria Media Roundup (September 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The FSA: How to Lose Support and Alienate People in No Time Rita from Syria on people’s disenchantment with the armed opposition.
The Love Affair with Erdogan (Part 2) Agnes Czajka suggests it is Erdogan’s “impressive performance in the international arena that sustains his international reputation.”
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s summary of events for August.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
لأكثر من أربعين عاما ً، عاش زهاء العشرة ملايين شخص بين نهر الأردن والبحر الأبيض المتوسط في ظل نظام ينتهج سياسة الفصل العنصريclick | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reports Roundup (May 25)
- يافا والموسيقى و"فوائد" النكبة
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 May)
- Islamists and Transitional Justice
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 24)
- أوهام ليبرالية
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis from the Publishing/Academic World
- Syria Media Roundup (May 23)
- Asfari Institute Inaugural Conference: New Spaces of Civil Society Activism in the Arab World (Beirut, 23-24 May)
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)