From the Editors
Yemen: Challenges for the Future
11 - 12 January 2013
SOAS, University of London
The British-Yemeni Society (BYS) in collaboration with the London Middle East Institute (LMEI) at SOAS proposes to hold an international conference entitled “Yemen: Challenges for the Future” at SOAS, University of London on 11 and 12 January 2013.
This will be the first academic conference in the UK for more than a decade to discuss in depth the many economic and social challenges facing Yemen. It is hoped that the conference will increase understanding of these challenges by presenting recent academic research on a wide range of relevant issues.
The conference will comprise panels of three or four participants who will present summaries of their papers and invite discussion. Presentations will be a maximum of twenty minutes, with ten minutes for discussion. It is also expected to invite one or more keynote speakers.
Click here to download the draft program.
For further information please visit the BYS website or contact:
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
لكن البعض في معسكر اليسار في المنطقة، وفي لبنان بوجه خاص، يتلقفون المشهد الدموي في سوريا بقدر من الغموض الملفتclick | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Challenging the Red Lines: Stories of Rights Activists in Saudi Arabia http://t.co/fIYVG7vDVW
yesterday at 11:52 AM
Photography Media Roundup (March 6) http://t.co/Azh0gTa6pX
yesterday at 9:31 AM
[With Pictures from Panel] Roundtable Discussion: The Gezi Protests and Dissident Visions of Turkey (Harvard... http://t.co/QJvmclyB6v
yesterday at 6:08 AM
Conference--AUB City Debates 2014: Of Property in Planning (Beirut, 7-8 March) http://t.co/ubd31sF5vf
yesterday at 5:35 AM
Conference--AUB City Debates 2014: Of Property in Planning (Beirut, 7-8 May) http://t.co/yejnKQxWnU
yesterday at 1:07 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين
- New Texts Out Now: Annika Marlen Hinze, Turkish Berlin: Integration Policy and Urban Space
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2014)
- The (Ir)relevance of Academia? Academics Lash Back at Kristof for NYT Column
- Les quartiers populaires et les printemps arabes: Elements pour une approche renouvelee
- Buradan bir cikis var mi? Ya da neden HDP’deyim?
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Muhammad Ali on his Frontline Documentary "Syria's Second Front"
- Syria Media Roundup (March 4)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 4)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 4)
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Health, Access, and Contributions
- Harvard Event: The History of Syrian Revolt: Structural Causes and Dynamics (4 March)
- الأنبار بين مفهومين: الحرب والسلام
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 3)
- Creation and Cooptation: The Story of Morocco’s Migration Reform
- Roundtable Discussion: The Gezi Protests and Dissident Visions of Turkey (Harvard University, 3 March)
- Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 24-March 2)
- Introduction: Roundtable on African American Muslims and the Black Freedom Struggle