From the Editors
Yemen: Challenges for the Future
11 - 12 January 2013
SOAS, University of London
The British-Yemeni Society (BYS) in collaboration with the London Middle East Institute (LMEI) at SOAS proposes to hold an international conference entitled “Yemen: Challenges for the Future” at SOAS, University of London on 11 and 12 January 2013.
This will be the first academic conference in the UK for more than a decade to discuss in depth the many economic and social challenges facing Yemen. It is hoped that the conference will increase understanding of these challenges by presenting recent academic research on a wide range of relevant issues.
The conference will comprise panels of three or four participants who will present summaries of their papers and invite discussion. Presentations will be a maximum of twenty minutes, with ten minutes for discussion. It is also expected to invite one or more keynote speakers.
Click here to download the draft program.
For further information please visit the BYS website or contact:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
On the tenth anniversary of 9/11, it is tempting to want to linger on the part about “being right,” but it’s more important to focus on why “it didn’t matter” because we are still right, and it still doesn’t matter.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Asfari Institute Inaugural Conference: New Spaces of Civil Society Activism in the Arab World (Beirut, 23-24 May)
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values
- مسخ الذاكرة
- New Texts Out Now: Louise Cainkar, Global Arab World Migrations and Diasporas
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 21)
- إعادة الحساب الدائمة: إساءة فهم سوريا بعد سنتين
- From al-Araqib to Susiya: Forced Displacement of Palestinians on Both Sides of the Green Line
- كارل ماركس واليسار في لبنان
- Picturing Algeria
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 13-19)
- Jadaliyya's Occupation, Intervention, and Law Page Resonates
- Al Jazeera Management Orders Joseph Massad Article Pulled in an Act of Pro-Israel Censorship
- سعادت حسن منتو: قصة قصيرة
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family
- الليبرالية الفلسطينية أمام القضاء الإسرائيلي
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Academic Freedom and the Middle East: A Handbook for Teaching and Research