From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Yemen: Challenges for the Future
11 - 12 January 2013
SOAS, University of London
The British-Yemeni Society (BYS) in collaboration with the London Middle East Institute (LMEI) at SOAS proposes to hold an international conference entitled “Yemen: Challenges for the Future” at SOAS, University of London on 11 and 12 January 2013.
This will be the first academic conference in the UK for more than a decade to discuss in depth the many economic and social challenges facing Yemen. It is hoped that the conference will increase understanding of these challenges by presenting recent academic research on a wide range of relevant issues.
The conference will comprise panels of three or four participants who will present summaries of their papers and invite discussion. Presentations will be a maximum of twenty minutes, with ten minutes for discussion. It is also expected to invite one or more keynote speakers.
Click here to download the draft program.
For further information please visit the BYS website or contact:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"In this sense, the Mubarak trial mirrors a contradiction defining the wider political scene in Egypt since January."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Precarity of Youth: Entrepreneurship is not the Solution
- Palestine Media Roundup (February 24)
- الغرب والسوريون: مبيعات الأسلحة الأمريكية والأوروبية للشرق الأوسط 2011- 2014
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty
- Palestine Media Roundup (18 February)
- اليأس كسلاح للاستبداد