From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Yemen: Challenges for the Future
11 - 12 January 2013
SOAS, University of London
The British-Yemeni Society (BYS) in collaboration with the London Middle East Institute (LMEI) at SOAS proposes to hold an international conference entitled “Yemen: Challenges for the Future” at SOAS, University of London on 11 and 12 January 2013.
This will be the first academic conference in the UK for more than a decade to discuss in depth the many economic and social challenges facing Yemen. It is hoped that the conference will increase understanding of these challenges by presenting recent academic research on a wide range of relevant issues.
The conference will comprise panels of three or four participants who will present summaries of their papers and invite discussion. Presentations will be a maximum of twenty minutes, with ten minutes for discussion. It is also expected to invite one or more keynote speakers.
Click here to download the draft program.
For further information please visit the BYS website or contact:
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"the institutionalized disregard for Palestinian life in Western corridors of power not only helps explain why Palestinians also resort to violence, but Israel’s latest assault on the Gaza Strip as well."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Toward A Vocabulary for Syria’s Opposition
- ‘Optimism of the Intellect’? How to Stay Hopeful in the Wake of Turkey’s Referendum Results
- Making History in Iran: Education, Nationalism, and Print Culture
- New Texts Out Now: Behrooz Ghamari, Remembering Akbar: Inside the Iranian Revolution
- يم القاهرة
- Media on Media Roundup (April 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 17-23)
- Berkeley Event--6 Days, 50 Years: 1967 and the Politics of Time (28 April 2017)
- ما التنوير؟ غوغل، ويكيليكس، وإعادة تنظيم العالم
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 25)
- Turkey After the Referendum: A Roundtable
- Revisiting ‘Foucault in Iran’: A Response
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Spring 2017 Issue: Editor's Note and Table of Contents
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 24)
- The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea, 1840-1920
- Syria Media Roundup (April 24)
- Visualizing Campus Collective Action for Palestine Solidarity
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists