From the Editors
Yemen: Challenges for the Future
11 - 12 January 2013
SOAS, University of London
The British-Yemeni Society (BYS) in collaboration with the London Middle East Institute (LMEI) at SOAS proposes to hold an international conference entitled “Yemen: Challenges for the Future” at SOAS, University of London on 11 and 12 January 2013.
This will be the first academic conference in the UK for more than a decade to discuss in depth the many economic and social challenges facing Yemen. It is hoped that the conference will increase understanding of these challenges by presenting recent academic research on a wide range of relevant issues.
The conference will comprise panels of three or four participants who will present summaries of their papers and invite discussion. Presentations will be a maximum of twenty minutes, with ten minutes for discussion. It is also expected to invite one or more keynote speakers.
Click here to download the draft program.
For further information please visit the BYS website or contact:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
“The strikes articulate one of the organized working class’ most significant ideological challenges to neo-liberalism in the current economic crisis.”click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
رشا فحص: من قصة النقل المشترك لمدينة بيروت : باصات ومترو في محطة الأحلام http://t.co/2RuVmvx85T
23 hours ago
On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon http://t.co/BDM7HVoGPU via @jadaliyya
yesterday at 6:46 PM
Jadaliyya co-founder on telling alternative stories about the Arab world, understanding the life cycles of... http://t.co/v5ulgQ08N0
yesterday at 8:31 AM
إباء رزق: غزة والبحر http://t.co/quAYpFryGE
yesterday at 7:04 AM
Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields http://t.co/nWci0kW6J2
yesterday at 6:55 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- من قصة النقل المشترك لمدينة بيروت: باصاتٌ ومترو في محطة الأحلام
- غزة والبحر
- Stasis Shift: Guernica Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Founder Bassam Haddad
- On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- On Not Despising the Present: Some Notes on Faris Giacaman’s 'The Sadness of Post-Militance'
- Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields
- الزمن الآخر\اتصال هاتفي في ساعة متأخرة من الليل
- On the Road: An Exhibition by Paul Ayoub Geday
- Event: Angela Davis and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on Mass Incarceration in the United States and Palestine (19 April, Evergreen State College)
- DARS Media Roundup (April 16)
- New Texts Out Now: Valeska Huber, Channelling Mobilities: Migration and Globalisation in the Suez Canal Region and Beyond
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (16 April)
- Syria Media Roundup (April 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 14)
- Tartus in the Present Crisis: A Mirror of the Syrian Regime