From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following video was produced by students of the University of Jordan's Feminist Theory class during the fall semester of the 2011-2012 academic year. The video addresses sexual harassment experienced by female students on the University of Jordan campus. It was uploaded to YouTube on 9 June, 2012. The video's public release created "a controversy" both in print and online media in Jordan. In light of the video's supposed "harmful effect" on the university's reputation, Professor Rula Quawas, who taught the course, has been removed from her post as Dean of the Faculty of Foreign Languages at the University of Jordan. The Committee on Academic Freedom of the Middle East Students Association issued a letter protesting Professor Quawas's removal from her post. For additional information, click here to read the Jadaliyya interview with one Professor Quawas's former students and the co-founder of the "Supporting Rula Quawas and Academic Freedom" website.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"So the reengagement with the Arab world was one piece of a much larger project, which should not be mistaken for some kind of neo-Ottoman approach."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (August 2015)
- Israel’s Defeat on the Iran Deal
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde