From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following video was produced by students of the University of Jordan's Feminist Theory class during the fall semester of the 2011-2012 academic year. The video addresses sexual harassment experienced by female students on the University of Jordan campus. It was uploaded to YouTube on 9 June, 2012. The video's public release created "a controversy" both in print and online media in Jordan. In light of the video's supposed "harmful effect" on the university's reputation, Professor Rula Quawas, who taught the course, has been removed from her post as Dean of the Faculty of Foreign Languages at the University of Jordan. The Committee on Academic Freedom of the Middle East Students Association issued a letter protesting Professor Quawas's removal from her post. For additional information, click here to read the Jadaliyya interview with one Professor Quawas's former students and the co-founder of the "Supporting Rula Quawas and Academic Freedom" website.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Stepping out of the vehicle, it is difficult not to reflect on the lives that were lost on this same ground, the people that were injured, and the tens of thousands of would-be Sahrawi refugees that crossed it beginning in 1975."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- ما التنوير؟ غوغل، ويكيليكس، وإعادة تنظيم العالم
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Spring 2017 Issue: Editor's Note and Table of Contents
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 24)
- The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea, 1840-1920
- Syria Media Roundup (April 24)
- Visualizing Campus Collective Action for Palestine Solidarity
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016
- قصائد للشاعر امبرتو سابا، المجلد الثاني
- Foucault’s Folly: Iran, Political Spirituality, and Counter-Conduct
- مَن يطهِّر مَن عرقيًا؟: استيلاء إسرائيل على الرواية الفلسطينية
- Media on Media Roundup (April 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (April 19)
- Foucault: Against the Ideology of Enlightenment