From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
International Call Out: British CEO's Actions Threaten Union Rights in Lebanon Friends of Spinneys Workers draws attention to the harassment, both physical and psychological, of workers at the Lebanese branches of Spinney's supermarket. These attacks, a product of Spinney's CEO Michael Wright and Lebanese elites, are intended to curtail the activities of the workers' independent union.
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon The story of Meesar Lahan, a Palestinian refugee who fled a camp in Syria in September, depicts new difficulties faced by many Palestinians in light of the war in Syria.
Joint Statement on the Revocation of Bahraini Citizenship from 31 People The Bahrain Center for Human Rights and Bahrain Youth Society for Human Rights condemn the most recent development in the targeting of human rights activists in Bahrain––the revocation of their status as Bahraini citizens.
Letter to IMF From Egyptian Parties, NGOs, Syndicates and Political Movements A number of Egyptian groups and parties address the IMF and Egyptian government over ongoing negotiations on a potential loan to Egypt. The letter takes issue with the lack of transparency in negotiations and the fact that decisions are being made despite the absence of an elected parliament.
Letter Concerning US Department of State Decision to Freeze Scholarships for Students from Gaza The Committee on Academic Freedom of the Middle East Studies Association addresses Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with their concern regarding scholarships to Gazan students. For the past two years, the US has granted scholarships to students from Gaza wanting to further their studies in the West Bank; however, the program has been frozen for the 2012-2013 academic year.
Timeline: Israel's Latest Escalation in Gaza The Institute for Middle East Understanding summarizes the series of events leading up to the 14 November attack and provides a fact sheet on Israel's history of breaking ceasefires.
Lonely Servitude: Child Domestic Labor in Morocco Human Rights Watch reports on the status of child domestic laborers in Morocco, following up on their earlier work on the topic in 2005. This report assesses what progress has been made in eliminating child domestic labor over the past seven years and lists what challenges remain.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
His poems will be read with admiration and awe, but perhaps it’s time to forget about Adunis the cultural critic and radical intellectual. The Arab Spring has consigned Adunis, the self-proclaimed revolutionary, to irrelevance. And that is the beauty of revolutions.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22) http://t.co/CI9Edy3yFh
17 hours ago
Israel Mows the Lawn http://t.co/O92TjmlgzT
18 hours ago
حمزة عليوي:" نون"...حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق http://t.co/SVCdPbXumP
18 hours ago
Petition: Nobel Peace Laureates and Celebrities Call for Military Embargo on Israel http://t.co/4c5ZHR1X0e
yesterday at 5:05 PM
Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes http://t.co/M9Eb51FoZf
yesterday at 9:44 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)
- Video: US Aid to Israel - The Real Deal
- بغايا بغداد التعيسات
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20)
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas: Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre
- Press Release: UNRWA Commissioner-General Press Briefing on the Situation in Gaza Strip
- Kateb Yacine: A Profile from the Archives
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- On Our Intervention in Kalam al-Nas: Real Estate Development Will Not Realize the Dreams of the Lebanese
- رد مصر على الهجوم الإسرائيلي على غزة: مقابلة مع حسام الحملاوي
- Incremental Genocide: An Interview with Ilan Pappe
- HRW Improves Position on Gaza/Israel, Calls for Suspension of Some US Arms to Israel
- مقطع من رواية سِفر الاختفاء
- Egypt's Response To The Israeli Assault On Gaza: An Interview With Hossam El-Hamalawy
- كم نكبة عاشها فلسطينيو سيناء؟ الجزء الثاني
- Did Israel Spark Violence to Prevent "Peace Offensive"?: Democracy Now! Interview with Mouin Rabbani and Norman Finkelstein