From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
International Call Out: British CEO's Actions Threaten Union Rights in Lebanon Friends of Spinneys Workers draws attention to the harassment, both physical and psychological, of workers at the Lebanese branches of Spinney's supermarket. These attacks, a product of Spinney's CEO Michael Wright and Lebanese elites, are intended to curtail the activities of the workers' independent union.
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon The story of Meesar Lahan, a Palestinian refugee who fled a camp in Syria in September, depicts new difficulties faced by many Palestinians in light of the war in Syria.
Joint Statement on the Revocation of Bahraini Citizenship from 31 People The Bahrain Center for Human Rights and Bahrain Youth Society for Human Rights condemn the most recent development in the targeting of human rights activists in Bahrain––the revocation of their status as Bahraini citizens.
Letter to IMF From Egyptian Parties, NGOs, Syndicates and Political Movements A number of Egyptian groups and parties address the IMF and Egyptian government over ongoing negotiations on a potential loan to Egypt. The letter takes issue with the lack of transparency in negotiations and the fact that decisions are being made despite the absence of an elected parliament.
Letter Concerning US Department of State Decision to Freeze Scholarships for Students from Gaza The Committee on Academic Freedom of the Middle East Studies Association addresses Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with their concern regarding scholarships to Gazan students. For the past two years, the US has granted scholarships to students from Gaza wanting to further their studies in the West Bank; however, the program has been frozen for the 2012-2013 academic year.
Timeline: Israel's Latest Escalation in Gaza The Institute for Middle East Understanding summarizes the series of events leading up to the 14 November attack and provides a fact sheet on Israel's history of breaking ceasefires.
Lonely Servitude: Child Domestic Labor in Morocco Human Rights Watch reports on the status of child domestic laborers in Morocco, following up on their earlier work on the topic in 2005. This report assesses what progress has been made in eliminating child domestic labor over the past seven years and lists what challenges remain.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Arguably, the revolutionary aspirations of the people of the Arab world not only depend on the bravery of the Arab people but also on the ability of people in the West to resist neoliberal deepening in their own countries."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- العراق: خطاب التقسيم والأقلمة
- Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 28)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 21-27)
- Reporter Jon Snow on Gaza's Children: Misery and Responsibility
- The Informants: Manufacturing Terror
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 26)
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
- Statement by Palestinian Academics, Public Figures, and Activists in Gaza: No Ceasefire Without Justice
- The Palestinian Resistance and Its Enemies
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Debates the Tactics and Ethics of Warfare on PBS Newshour
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
العراق: خطاب التقسيم والأقلمة http://t.co/nwKVMCzShL
yesterday at 2:45 PM
The Informants: Manufacturing Terror http://t.co/MJSVACBKid
yesterday at 11:15 AM
Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive http://t.co/6lbv9eqcLo
yesterday at 10:18 AM
CFP: Medinas in the 20th & 21th Centuries (Algiers, February 2015) http://t.co/ps2PeNA2UL
yesterday at 9:42 AM
Egypt Media Roundup (July 28) http://t.co/Y5XvDwhouY
yesterday at 9:13 AM