From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is the text of the cease-fire agreement between Israel and Hamas that is set to take effect at 9pm Cairo time on 21 November 2012.]
Israel shall stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea, and air, including incursions and targeting of individuals.
All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel, including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
Opening the crossings and facilitating the movement of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas. Procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after twenty-four hours from the start of the ceasefire.
Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.
Setting up the zero hour understanding to enter into effect.
Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations, Egypt as a sponsor of this understanding, shall be informed to follow up.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
- Djerba, Tunisia: Garbage Disposal, the Environmental Crisis, and the Awakening of Ecoconsciousness
- إعادة ابتكار فلسطين: السينما من أجل السلام في جنين
- الجزائر تلقي الحجاب
- Focus sur le Mali, troisième partie: Une périlleuse démonstration de force de l'ancienne puissance coloniale
- Arrested Bedoon Activist Goes on Hunger Strike
"What is emerging in Egypt (and elsewhere) is a religious secularism and a secularist religionism that will probably produce new styles of movements and organizations that may keep old labels but will be significantly different from their twentieth-century ancestors."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.3 is Live! Celebrating Our One-Year Anniversary
- يكفيني أن ألمس ورقة خضراء حتى أرى
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 23)
- عصفورية إلى الأبد
- Affirming the Rights of Students to Organize, Protest, and Resist (City University of New York)
- Terror Everywhere, Humanity Nowhere
- الجلبي، عبد الرزاق عبد الواحد: سجال ما بعد الديكتاتور
- القصائدُ قرودٌ؛ هكذا كلّ واقعٍ في عين أمّه غزال
- Palestine Media Roundup (November 12 - 18)
- Turkey Could Cut Off the Islamic State’s Supply Lines. So Why Doesn’t It?
- ASI At MESA! Visit Us at Booths 20-21 and Join our Political Economy Project Reception
- Filming Revolution: An Interview with Alisa Lebow
- The Absence of Contemporary Literature in Egypt’s Education System
- عن العمارة ونهاياتها
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Fall 2015 Issue
- New Texts Out Now: Jeanette S. Jouili, Pious Practice and Secular Constraints: Women in the Islamic Revival in Europe
- Syria Media Roundup (November 18)
- Deadline for Applications: M.A. in Middle East and Islamic Studies at George Mason University
- New Wars and Autonomous Self-Defense
- City Talks: Timothy Mitchell on the Materialities of Political Economy and Colonial History