From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is the text of the cease-fire agreement between Israel and Hamas that is set to take effect at 9pm Cairo time on 21 November 2012.]
Israel shall stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea, and air, including incursions and targeting of individuals.
All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel, including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
Opening the crossings and facilitating the movement of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas. Procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after twenty-four hours from the start of the ceasefire.
Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.
Setting up the zero hour understanding to enter into effect.
Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations, Egypt as a sponsor of this understanding, shall be informed to follow up.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"It is through this strategy of capitalizing from the partisan squabbles among political parties that the monarchy has anchored itself in Morocco’s political landscape as a “uniting” and seemingly “necessary” actor."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
خالد المعالي: ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص http://t.co/Pei5CgRhjb
10 hours ago
صلاح فائق: عن سركون بولص في ذكراه http://t.co/hCdxEiudwr
10 hours ago
Egypt Media Roundup (October 20) http://t.co/trI75cN6p3
yesterday at 11:01 AM
RT @CabreraAngel: The @NYTimes covers @jadaliyya "an inside-out perspective of the Middle East" led by Mason Prof. Bassam Haddad http://t.c…
yesterday at 10:50 AM
LA Event: Spotlight on Egypt (23 October 2014) http://t.co/2r1x5vB2Ub
yesterday at 6:21 AM