From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Joint Statement by Twenty-Two Egyptian Rights Organizations on Morsi Declaration Egyptian rights organizations came together to reject Morsi's constitutional declaration as an attack on the judiciary and rule of law.
America's Native Prisoners of War Aaron Huey's TEDx presentation traces the history of settlers and occupiers that led to the founding of the United States, a history that is reflected in the current events in Palestine.
Bassem Yousef's The Show: Mohamed Mahmoud Street (Video with English Subtitles) "The Show", Bassem Yousef's satirical news program aired on ON TV, aired the following presentation to provide coverage of the events that took place on Cairo's Mohamed Mahmoud Street in November 2011.
Afghanistan: The Long, Hard Road to the 2014 Transition International Crisis Group reports on the many challenges facing Afghanistan as it prepares for the US and UN troop withdrawal in 2014; these hurdles include the bureaucratic confusion surrounding the electoral process, institutional rivalries, and continuing clashes over the role of Islam in the government.
Egypt: A Year of Abuses Against Detained Children Human Rights Watch reports on the over 300 Egyptian children who have been arrested and detained in the course of the protests in Cairo over the last year and the mistreatment that they have faced at the hands of police.
UAE: Cybercrimes Decree Attacks Free Speech Human Rights Watch reports on the new cybercrimes decree, which inclues vaguely worded language to allow government officials to prosecute those who advocate for political reform, among other things.
Palestine at the United Nations: A Vote for Peace and Justice Released in the hours preceding the historic United Nations vote on Palestine's upgrade to Observer State status, the Palestine Liberation Organization reports on the potential consequences of such an upgrade and the history behind the conflict.
Qatar: Outrageous Life Sentence for 'Jasmine Poet' (Video) Amnesty International reports on the sentencing of Qatar poet Mohammed Ibn al-Dheeb, whose publication "Jasmine Poem," which criticizes governments throughout the region.
How Syria Turned Off the Internet Cloudflare reports on the Internet shut down that took place in Syria on 29 November 2012 from 1026 to 1029 (UTC).
Egypt: A New Constitution Mixed on Support of Rights Human Rights Watch reports on the concerns over various rights provisions in the text. of the final draft of Egypt's constitution, approved on 29 November 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Had the years dulled Bibi’s capacity to creatively conjure the monstrous embodiment of the other? A crocodile? Really?click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Analog Sound
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (Audio Recording)
- البحر من هنا
- الحراك الجمعيّ على مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي: تشكيل البدائل وبناء الرأي العام
- Radio France Internationale Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Samia Errazzouki on General Strike in Morocco
- New Texts Out Now: Nazan Maksudyan, Orphans and Destitute Children in the Late Ottoman Empire
- الحق في المدينة، في الأرض، وفي البحر
- Syria Media Roundup (October 28)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 28)
- DARS Media Roundup (October 28)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 28)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- البحر الذي تواطأ مع الغزَّاة: منمنمات من ساحل المتوسط / فلسطين المحتلة
- مقدمة: البحر من هنا
- هذا البحر لي
- Sarah Samy
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 20-26)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 27)
- “Hamel, Leave!”: The Men in Blue and the Fracturing of the Order
- Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven Salaita (27 October 2014 at GMU)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Analog sound http://t.co/2AgLn7p8VL
14 hours ago
نهى عناب: البحر من هنا http://t.co/nYLAElqbt5
14 hours ago
تالا حلاوة: الحراك الجمعي على مواقع التواصل الإجتماعي: تشكيل البدائل وبناء الرأي العام http://t.co/rMkNhJEigL
14 hours ago
Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (Audio Recording) http://t.co/GWRJxSlQxE
14 hours ago
Radio France Internationale Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Samia Errazzouki on General Strike in Morocco http://t.co/ZA7OF3d6Gm
yesterday at 9:28 AM