From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Joint Statement by Twenty-Two Egyptian Rights Organizations on Morsi Declaration Egyptian rights organizations came together to reject Morsi's constitutional declaration as an attack on the judiciary and rule of law.
America's Native Prisoners of War Aaron Huey's TEDx presentation traces the history of settlers and occupiers that led to the founding of the United States, a history that is reflected in the current events in Palestine.
Bassem Yousef's The Show: Mohamed Mahmoud Street (Video with English Subtitles) "The Show", Bassem Yousef's satirical news program aired on ON TV, aired the following presentation to provide coverage of the events that took place on Cairo's Mohamed Mahmoud Street in November 2011.
Afghanistan: The Long, Hard Road to the 2014 Transition International Crisis Group reports on the many challenges facing Afghanistan as it prepares for the US and UN troop withdrawal in 2014; these hurdles include the bureaucratic confusion surrounding the electoral process, institutional rivalries, and continuing clashes over the role of Islam in the government.
Egypt: A Year of Abuses Against Detained Children Human Rights Watch reports on the over 300 Egyptian children who have been arrested and detained in the course of the protests in Cairo over the last year and the mistreatment that they have faced at the hands of police.
UAE: Cybercrimes Decree Attacks Free Speech Human Rights Watch reports on the new cybercrimes decree, which inclues vaguely worded language to allow government officials to prosecute those who advocate for political reform, among other things.
Palestine at the United Nations: A Vote for Peace and Justice Released in the hours preceding the historic United Nations vote on Palestine's upgrade to Observer State status, the Palestine Liberation Organization reports on the potential consequences of such an upgrade and the history behind the conflict.
Qatar: Outrageous Life Sentence for 'Jasmine Poet' (Video) Amnesty International reports on the sentencing of Qatar poet Mohammed Ibn al-Dheeb, whose publication "Jasmine Poem," which criticizes governments throughout the region.
How Syria Turned Off the Internet Cloudflare reports on the Internet shut down that took place in Syria on 29 November 2012 from 1026 to 1029 (UTC).
Egypt: A New Constitution Mixed on Support of Rights Human Rights Watch reports on the concerns over various rights provisions in the text. of the final draft of Egypt's constitution, approved on 29 November 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
“So on the anniversary of Said’s death, consider this a call to reinvigorate the Saidian virtues: solidarity and criticism, patient analysis and impatience with stupidity, public intellectual engagement and intemperate outbursts. We need them all.”click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
- الجزائر إعادة تخيّل الحقبة الجميلة
- بغداد: نعمة النفايات وفوضاها
- American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel
- New Texts Out Now: Ralf Brand and Sara Fregonese, The Radicals’ City: Urban Environment, Polarization, Cohesion
- Implications of Morocco's Bifurcated Educational System
Remembering Graham Usher http://t.co/MVZMYKFcKd
13 hours ago
Israel-Palestine: Two State Stress Test http://t.co/nOZD47ieOY
13 hours ago
J Street: Israel's Loyal Opposition http://t.co/xc1YDZpLU8
14 hours ago
Call for Applicants: Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow in Italian Studies and Middle East Studies 2014-2016 (Brown... http://t.co/Vg1sj6ROwL
yesterday at 1:57 PM
Campaign Update: Hebrew University Oral History Conference Dealt Two Significant Blows http://t.co/HZFSVhWowM
yesterday at 1:56 PM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- What Do You Miss Most? Syrian Refugees Respond
- Remembering Graham Usher
- Israel-Palestine: Two State Stress Test
- J Street: Israel's Loyal Opposition
- DARS Media Roundup (December 11)
- تأملات فلسطينية في الأيديولوجيا السياسية الأمريكية
- New Texts Out Now: Abdel Razzaq Takriti, Monsoon Revolution: Republicans, Sultans, and Empires in Oman, 1965-1976
- Jil Oslo: Palestinian Hip Hop, Youth Culture, and the Youth Movement
- الأبارتهايد ونقاشات منع التجوّل
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (December 10)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 2-8)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 10)
- International Human Rights Day: Palestinian People’s Suffering Continues
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (10 December)
- Syria Media Roundup (December 10)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 10)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 9)
- Drug Trafficking in Northwest Africa: The Moroccan Gateway
- Maghreb Media Roundup (December 9)
- Israel Wins in Mexico