From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Joint Statement by Twenty-Two Egyptian Rights Organizations on Morsi Declaration Egyptian rights organizations came together to reject Morsi's constitutional declaration as an attack on the judiciary and rule of law.
America's Native Prisoners of War Aaron Huey's TEDx presentation traces the history of settlers and occupiers that led to the founding of the United States, a history that is reflected in the current events in Palestine.
Bassem Yousef's The Show: Mohamed Mahmoud Street (Video with English Subtitles) "The Show", Bassem Yousef's satirical news program aired on ON TV, aired the following presentation to provide coverage of the events that took place on Cairo's Mohamed Mahmoud Street in November 2011.
Afghanistan: The Long, Hard Road to the 2014 Transition International Crisis Group reports on the many challenges facing Afghanistan as it prepares for the US and UN troop withdrawal in 2014; these hurdles include the bureaucratic confusion surrounding the electoral process, institutional rivalries, and continuing clashes over the role of Islam in the government.
Egypt: A Year of Abuses Against Detained Children Human Rights Watch reports on the over 300 Egyptian children who have been arrested and detained in the course of the protests in Cairo over the last year and the mistreatment that they have faced at the hands of police.
UAE: Cybercrimes Decree Attacks Free Speech Human Rights Watch reports on the new cybercrimes decree, which inclues vaguely worded language to allow government officials to prosecute those who advocate for political reform, among other things.
Palestine at the United Nations: A Vote for Peace and Justice Released in the hours preceding the historic United Nations vote on Palestine's upgrade to Observer State status, the Palestine Liberation Organization reports on the potential consequences of such an upgrade and the history behind the conflict.
Qatar: Outrageous Life Sentence for 'Jasmine Poet' (Video) Amnesty International reports on the sentencing of Qatar poet Mohammed Ibn al-Dheeb, whose publication "Jasmine Poem," which criticizes governments throughout the region.
How Syria Turned Off the Internet Cloudflare reports on the Internet shut down that took place in Syria on 29 November 2012 from 1026 to 1029 (UTC).
Egypt: A New Constitution Mixed on Support of Rights Human Rights Watch reports on the concerns over various rights provisions in the text. of the final draft of Egypt's constitution, approved on 29 November 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Palestinians have real domestic politics and we need to study its organizational contours as we study domestic politics anywhere in the world.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 23)
- Yemen: The Peace and National Partnership Agreement
- اليمن: نص اتفاق السلم والشراكة الوطنية
- Breaking: Yemeni Political Alliances Shift as Houthis Capture Sanaa
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 22)
- On Dead and Living Characters
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 15-21)
- Mehdi Haddab
- Court Suspends Mahienour El-Massry's Sentence, Orders Release
- Muhammad Abduh: A Profile from the Archives
- Iraq: A State or Militias?
- Progressive Struggles against Insidious Capitalist Individualism: Interview with Angela Davis
- Syria Media Roundup (September 20)
- DARS Media Roundup (September 20)
- حروب الردة أو اغتيال المستقبل
- Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi
- Sympathy for the Devil: Palestine’s Tragic Collaborators
- LA Event--From Gaza to Ferguson: A Panel Discussion (18 September 2014)
- Understanding Modernity: A Review of the Kuwait Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Egypt Media Roundup (September 22) http://t.co/FuTMAJH5vX
11 hours ago
The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia http://t.co/vNWjLgmcSu
12 hours ago
Call for Applicants: Historian of the Modern Middle East (Brown University) http://t.co/rh4ZLlYvEX
15 hours ago
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 23) http://t.co/i0l43OZt5A
15 hours ago
Breaking: Yemeni Political Alliances Shift as Houthis Capture San`aa http://t.co/AI2wniL4VP
yesterday at 7:42 PM