From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
This infographic reflects the death toll and peaks of armed force in the Israel-Palestinian conflict. It draws on detailed data gathered by Israeli human rights organisation B'Tselem since the outbreak of the Second Intifada in September 2000.
The chart also includes figures from a previous study on the peaks of armed force and ensuing death tolls. The chart is particularly pertinent as a new and tenuous ceasefire has halted Israel's most recent military campaign, Operation Pillar of Cloud, which left more than 150 Palestinians and five Israelis dead.
Of course this timeline is an ahistorical snapshot of a settler-colonial conflict that stretches back six decades. Still, it demonstrates a stark assymetry in the use of force even over this shorter twelve-year period.
[Download full-size image here.]
[Image originally published by Visualizing Palestine.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Stepping out of the vehicle, it is difficult not to reflect on the lives that were lost on this same ground, the people that were injured, and the tens of thousands of would-be Sahrawi refugees that crossed it beginning in 1975."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
- إشكالية المجتمع المدني في المغرب
- Press Release: Saudi Death Sentence against Shia Leader Is Politically Motivated
- الانحناء على جثة عمّان
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
LA Event: Spotlight on Egypt (23 October 2014) http://t.co/2r1x5vB2Ub
13 hours ago
Turkey Media Roundup (October 21) http://t.co/RqXX3Lp8Fw
13 hours ago
O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October) http://t.co/yHjEnz9kJH
13 hours ago
محمد العربي: ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الاسلام والمستقبل http://t.co/tUHw4tqR4h
14 hours ago
Check out 'StatusHour' live on Ustream! http://t.co/6NtRo46NzG
yesterday at 1:40 PM