From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
This infographic reflects the death toll and peaks of armed force in the Israel-Palestinian conflict. It draws on detailed data gathered by Israeli human rights organisation B'Tselem since the outbreak of the Second Intifada in September 2000.
The chart also includes figures from a previous study on the peaks of armed force and ensuing death tolls. The chart is particularly pertinent as a new and tenuous ceasefire has halted Israel's most recent military campaign, Operation Pillar of Cloud, which left more than 150 Palestinians and five Israelis dead.
Of course this timeline is an ahistorical snapshot of a settler-colonial conflict that stretches back six decades. Still, it demonstrates a stark assymetry in the use of force even over this shorter twelve-year period.
[Download full-size image here.]
[Image originally published by Visualizing Palestine.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Pushing back the presidential elections has contributed to changing the roadmap from being a way out of the crisis to a tool deepening it… it is impossible to draft a permanent constitution in the midst of the current political tension."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي
- DARS Media Roundup (September 2015)
- LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on Electricity in Early Independence Lebanon
- NPR's 'Here and Now' Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Rosie Bsheer About Redevelopment in Mecca
- Cities Media Roundup (September 2015)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 30)
- Exploring an Agenda for Active Citizenship: Selected Conference Presentations from STATUS/الوضع
- مهرجان واشنطن العاصمة للسينما والفنون الفلسطينية في دورته الخامسة
- New Texts Out Now: ABE Journal: Architecture Beyond Europe
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 29)
- What Do We Talk About When We Talk About Political Economy?
- The Arab Center for Architecture (ACA): Interview with George Arbid
- The Ongoing, Steady Gains of Morocco's Islamist Party
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 21-27)
- Roznama 4: A Competition for Upcoming Egyptian Artists
- Reimagining the University in a Time of Crisis – Every Campus a Refuge Campaign