From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
This infographic reflects the death toll and peaks of armed force in the Israel-Palestinian conflict. It draws on detailed data gathered by Israeli human rights organisation B'Tselem since the outbreak of the Second Intifada in September 2000.
The chart also includes figures from a previous study on the peaks of armed force and ensuing death tolls. The chart is particularly pertinent as a new and tenuous ceasefire has halted Israel's most recent military campaign, Operation Pillar of Cloud, which left more than 150 Palestinians and five Israelis dead.
Of course this timeline is an ahistorical snapshot of a settler-colonial conflict that stretches back six decades. Still, it demonstrates a stark assymetry in the use of force even over this shorter twelve-year period.
[Download full-size image here.]
[Image originally published by Visualizing Palestine.]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Photography Media Roundup (February 5)
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 28 – February 3)
- المجتمع المدني في الخليج العربي: الواقع والاحتمالات. مقابلة للوضع بين انور الرشيد وفاتح عزام
- الحبّ هو الذي يحرّرنا
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2016)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2016)
- New Texts Out Now: Mike de Seve and Daniel Burwen, Operation Ajax: The Story of the CIA Coup that Remade the Middle East
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 2)
- Syria Media Roundup (February 3)
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 2)
- حوارٌ مع الشَّاعر الإيطالي ميلو دي آنجِلِس
- الحرب على ذاكرة الحداثة: داعش مثالاً
- Emergencies of Peace: The Exceptional State of (Academic) Affairs in Contemporary Turkey
- Empty Tahrir
- Protests in Tunisia: An Interview with Nadia Marzouki
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 1)
- Lebanon Media Roundup (January 2016)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 25-31)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 1)
- قصائد للشاعرة كراسيا العوض