From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
This infographic reflects the death toll and peaks of armed force in the Israel-Palestinian conflict. It draws on detailed data gathered by Israeli human rights organisation B'Tselem since the outbreak of the Second Intifada in September 2000.
The chart also includes figures from a previous study on the peaks of armed force and ensuing death tolls. The chart is particularly pertinent as a new and tenuous ceasefire has halted Israel's most recent military campaign, Operation Pillar of Cloud, which left more than 150 Palestinians and five Israelis dead.
Of course this timeline is an ahistorical snapshot of a settler-colonial conflict that stretches back six decades. Still, it demonstrates a stark assymetry in the use of force even over this shorter twelve-year period.
[Download full-size image here.]
[Image originally published by Visualizing Palestine.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The rise of Arab Nationalism and invention of the handheld transistor radio proved a fatal combination."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (March-April)
- Men of Capital: Scarcity and Economy in Mandate Palestine - A STATUS/الوضع Lecture by Sherene Seikaly
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March–April 2016)
- Cities Media Roundup (April 2016)
- Photography Media Roundup (5 May)
- New Texts Out Now: Thea Renda Abu El-Haj, Unsettled Belonging: Educating Palestinian American Youth After 9/11
- DARS Media Roundup (April 2016)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 3)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 25-May 1)
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 2)
- On Municipal Elections in Lebanon and the Prospects of Change
- Causes and Dynamics of the Syrian Uprising: From Civil Protests to the Implications of the Russian Intervention - A STATUS/الوضع Lecture by Bassam Haddad
- Derailing Democracy?: The Anti-Boycott Playbook Explained
- Five Years After the Arab Uprisings: An Interview with Asef Bayat
- Statement by International Committee for the the Red Cross on Indiscriminate Violence in Aleppo
- Jeremy Corbyn Hasn’t Got an “Anti-Semitism Problem,” His Opponents Do
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 29)
- القدس 2016: إجراءات تهويدية تُبقي عوامل الانفجار قائمة
- الحضارة بين عقل الأفندي والأكاديمي
- أفكار سريعة: ماريا فانتابيه حول أكراد سورية