From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Egyptian Protesters and Imprisoned Iranian Hunger Striker: Interviews with Mona El Ghobashy, Hesham Sallam and Hadi Ghaemi
Egyptians are revolting once again but this time against an elected President: Mohammed Morsi, who just passed a series of presidential decrees giving him near-dictatorial powers. Almost two years after the fall of Hosni Mubarak, Egypt remains mired in major political struggles between the remnants of Hosni Mubarak's regime, the Muslim Brotherhood, and the rest of Egyptian political opinion. What is the balance of power as it stands now between the different competing political movements in Egypt, and how has president Morsi's latest move affected this balance? Khalil Bendib put these questions to Assistant Professor of political science at Barnard College Mona El Ghobashy and Jadaliyya co-editor Hesham Sallam.
Shahram Aghamir spoke with Hadi Ghaemi, director of International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran about the case of imprisoned human rights lawyer, Nasrin Sotoudeh who has been on a hunger strike since 17 October.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Foreign debt is not a neutral form of ‘aid’ but an exploitative social relation established between financial institutions in the North and countries in the South."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 24)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 17-23)
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani Interview by France24 on Gaza Disengagement and Its Aftermath