From the Editors
Egyptian Protesters and Imprisoned Iranian Hunger Striker: Interviews with Mona El Ghobashy, Hesham Sallam and Hadi Ghaemi
Egyptians are revolting once again but this time against an elected President: Mohammed Morsi, who just passed a series of presidential decrees giving him near-dictatorial powers. Almost two years after the fall of Hosni Mubarak, Egypt remains mired in major political struggles between the remnants of Hosni Mubarak's regime, the Muslim Brotherhood, and the rest of Egyptian political opinion. What is the balance of power as it stands now between the different competing political movements in Egypt, and how has president Morsi's latest move affected this balance? Khalil Bendib put these questions to Assistant Professor of political science at Barnard College Mona El Ghobashy and Jadaliyya co-editor Hesham Sallam.
Shahram Aghamir spoke with Hadi Ghaemi, director of International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran about the case of imprisoned human rights lawyer, Nasrin Sotoudeh who has been on a hunger strike since 17 October.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Not all successful mediators are neutral, yet America’s seemingly limitless devotion to the colonizer against the colonized cries out for a counterweight.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
- The Wonder Box
- Scholars Pledge to Boycott UIUC Over the Firing of Steven Salaita
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel kills three top Hamas commanders http://t.co/yO9tW6AABS
23 hours ago
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
yesterday at 10:45 AM
@sakkeh3arja Not at all. Yourself and Pulse, as well as others, will be invited to join an e-roundtable to address this properly.
yesterday at 10:43 AM
@sakkeh3arja just saw this comment. shows you're really angry, and incorrect in this assumption/tweet.
yesterday at 10:33 AM
@sakkeh3arja no denials. it's for all to see, and follow. despite ur accusations and insults, we engaged. must sign off for real now.
yesterday at 10:32 AM