From the Editors
The Arab Spring and MENA Economies: Quo Vadis?
18 - 20 March 2013
The Middle East Economic Association (MEEA) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting abstracts for papers to be presented at the 12th International Conference of MEEA, held jointly with the German Research Institute for Public Administration, in Speyer, Germany, 18 to 20 March 2013.
The main topics will focus on several fields of economic research related to the ongoing transition process in the Middle East and North Africa, the influences on the MENA economies, and their relations with the economies of the European Union. However, any research related with the MENA region, EU-MENA relations, or country specific cases are all welcome. Contributions by Ph.D. students are encouraged to foster research among young professionals.
The meeting will have the following sub themes:
- Macroeconomic Policies and Financial Markets
- Economic and Human Development
- International Trade and Economics of Globalization
- Labor Markets and Industrial Relations
- Institutional Economics and Issues of Governance
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Demographic Developments
A one-page abstract should be submitted before 15 December 2012, using the MEEA form and in English (including the title, authors’ names, affiliation, and contact information of the authors). Abstracts should include the papers objectives, data, methodology, results, and conclusions. JEL classification and up to three keywords should be included. Acceptance of abstracts for the conference will be by January 15th, 2013.
Click here to submit an abstract. If you are already registered and have paid your membership fees, you will be able to submit your one-page abstract using the abstract submission form. Otherwise, you will need to register and pay your membership dues before you can submit your abstract. If you have problems submitting the abstract, please send it to the organizing committee directly.
Registration fee (covers conference information & documentation, Conference Reception, two lunches and the coffee breaks during the conference) has to be paid by all presenters before the conference starts; otherwise, the abstract can not be considered for the program. If you are unable to use PayPal, please contact Edward Sayre, MEEA Treasurer, to make other payment arrangements, either by check or bank transfer.
- Early registration (before 15 January 2013): Euro 80
- Normal registration (between 16 January and 14 March): Euro 100
- Late and on-site registration (after 15 March): Euro 125
- Euro 25 (Including Membership to MEEA; valid student ID required)
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
‘We now dream to die in a civilized way, with a beautiful bullet that would end our lives quickly, a bullet made for humans, not birds like the ones they fire at us, that we would die in a way our families would be able to recognize our corpses.’click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Reflections on the 22nd Annual Cairo Papers Symposium: Disabilities, Revolution, and the Politics of Hope http://t.co/nvJeYXVF9H
11 hours ago
The Case Against Qatar: Host of the FIFA 2020 World Cup http://t.co/c0KDKDObho
11 hours ago
Event Report-Back -- Before the Modern, After the Medieval: Egypt and the Middle East in the Eighteenth Century http://t.co/TOlHKZUFQs
11 hours ago
فادي عاصلة: قراءة في مضامين تدريس اللغتين العربية والعبرية في الجامعة العبرية http://t.co/GT2BZGLwMU
12 hours ago
نارمان ناجي: على أرض الصحفيين ما يستحق الحكي http://t.co/YPesDovyND
12 hours ago
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قراءة في مضامين تدريس اللغتين العربية والعبرية في الجامعة العبرية
- على أرض الصحفيين ما يستحق الحكي
- من قصة النقل المشترك لمدينة بيروت: باصاتٌ ومترو في محطة الأحلام
- غزة والبحر
- Stasis Shift: Guernica Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Founder Bassam Haddad
- On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- On Not Despising the Present: Some Notes on Faris Giacaman’s 'The Sadness of Post-Militance'
- Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields
- الزمن الآخر\اتصال هاتفي في ساعة متأخرة من الليل
- On the Road: An Exhibition by Paul Ayoub Geday
- Event: Angela Davis and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on Mass Incarceration in the United States and Palestine (19 April, Evergreen State College)
- DARS Media Roundup (April 16)
- New Texts Out Now: Valeska Huber, Channelling Mobilities: Migration and Globalisation in the Suez Canal Region and Beyond
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (16 April)
- Syria Media Roundup (April 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)