From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Arab Spring and MENA Economies: Quo Vadis?
18 - 20 March 2013
The Middle East Economic Association (MEEA) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting abstracts for papers to be presented at the 12th International Conference of MEEA, held jointly with the German Research Institute for Public Administration, in Speyer, Germany, 18 to 20 March 2013.
The main topics will focus on several fields of economic research related to the ongoing transition process in the Middle East and North Africa, the influences on the MENA economies, and their relations with the economies of the European Union. However, any research related with the MENA region, EU-MENA relations, or country specific cases are all welcome. Contributions by Ph.D. students are encouraged to foster research among young professionals.
The meeting will have the following sub themes:
- Macroeconomic Policies and Financial Markets
- Economic and Human Development
- International Trade and Economics of Globalization
- Labor Markets and Industrial Relations
- Institutional Economics and Issues of Governance
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Demographic Developments
A one-page abstract should be submitted before 15 December 2012, using the MEEA form and in English (including the title, authors’ names, affiliation, and contact information of the authors). Abstracts should include the papers objectives, data, methodology, results, and conclusions. JEL classification and up to three keywords should be included. Acceptance of abstracts for the conference will be by January 15th, 2013.
Click here to submit an abstract. If you are already registered and have paid your membership fees, you will be able to submit your one-page abstract using the abstract submission form. Otherwise, you will need to register and pay your membership dues before you can submit your abstract. If you have problems submitting the abstract, please send it to the organizing committee directly.
Registration fee (covers conference information & documentation, Conference Reception, two lunches and the coffee breaks during the conference) has to be paid by all presenters before the conference starts; otherwise, the abstract can not be considered for the program. If you are unable to use PayPal, please contact Edward Sayre, MEEA Treasurer, to make other payment arrangements, either by check or bank transfer.
- Early registration (before 15 January 2013): Euro 80
- Normal registration (between 16 January and 14 March): Euro 100
- Late and on-site registration (after 15 March): Euro 125
- Euro 25 (Including Membership to MEEA; valid student ID required)
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
- إشكالية المجتمع المدني في المغرب
- Press Release: Saudi Death Sentence against Shia Leader Is Politically Motivated
- الانحناء على جثة عمّان
- New Texts Out Now: Reem Charif, Mohamad Hafeda, and Joumana al Jabri, Creative Refuge
- Panel Event: After Gezi, After the Elections, After ISIS: Politics in Turkey Now (CUNY Graduate Center, 20 October 2014)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Today! Live-Streaming OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution: 4 pm... http://t.co/S6zbMzakLr
10 hours ago
Today! Live-Streaming OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution: 4 pm @ GMU: http://t.co/7XIrnyZBMY
10 hours ago
Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies http://t.co/OnKVGHMYwc
12 hours ago
Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition http://t.co/bdgAU8iSNY
14 hours ago
« Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre http://t.co/T6HbDHfzKa
14 hours ago