From the Editors
The Arab Spring and MENA Economies: Quo Vadis?
18 - 20 March 2013
The Middle East Economic Association (MEEA) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting abstracts for papers to be presented at the 12th International Conference of MEEA, held jointly with the German Research Institute for Public Administration, in Speyer, Germany, 18 to 20 March 2013.
The main topics will focus on several fields of economic research related to the ongoing transition process in the Middle East and North Africa, the influences on the MENA economies, and their relations with the economies of the European Union. However, any research related with the MENA region, EU-MENA relations, or country specific cases are all welcome. Contributions by Ph.D. students are encouraged to foster research among young professionals.
The meeting will have the following sub themes:
- Macroeconomic Policies and Financial Markets
- Economic and Human Development
- International Trade and Economics of Globalization
- Labor Markets and Industrial Relations
- Institutional Economics and Issues of Governance
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Demographic Developments
A one-page abstract should be submitted before 15 December 2012, using the MEEA form and in English (including the title, authors’ names, affiliation, and contact information of the authors). Abstracts should include the papers objectives, data, methodology, results, and conclusions. JEL classification and up to three keywords should be included. Acceptance of abstracts for the conference will be by January 15th, 2013.
Click here to submit an abstract. If you are already registered and have paid your membership fees, you will be able to submit your one-page abstract using the abstract submission form. Otherwise, you will need to register and pay your membership dues before you can submit your abstract. If you have problems submitting the abstract, please send it to the organizing committee directly.
Registration fee (covers conference information & documentation, Conference Reception, two lunches and the coffee breaks during the conference) has to be paid by all presenters before the conference starts; otherwise, the abstract can not be considered for the program. If you are unable to use PayPal, please contact Edward Sayre, MEEA Treasurer, to make other payment arrangements, either by check or bank transfer.
- Early registration (before 15 January 2013): Euro 80
- Normal registration (between 16 January and 14 March): Euro 100
- Late and on-site registration (after 15 March): Euro 125
- Euro 25 (Including Membership to MEEA; valid student ID required)
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"I am distressed by the increasingly popular rhetoric among some South Asians in the US diaspora, who simplistically fault the “Western” embrace and “white” appropriation of the yoga that belongs to “our culture.”.. They have used this power to erase or appropriate from the richly-diverse indigenous and local spiritual practices of people into their brahmanical form of Hinduism."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 30)
- A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting
- Displaced Intentions
- When Your Name is on the Blacklist
- عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء"
- Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel
- Turkey’s New Migration Policy: Control Through Bureaucratization
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 22-28)
- El Rass
- Excavating the Sky
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 29)
- Propaganda, Politics, and Profiteering: Islamic Law in the Contemporary United States
- Turkey after Gezi: An Interview with Simten Cosar
- Tadween Spotlight: Gaza
- Evden Emlaga Fikirtepe: Rant ve Spekulasyon Ekseninde Kentsel Donusum
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (August-September 2014)
- Syria Media Roundup (September 26)
- Emergency Humanitarian Appeals and Gaza’s On-going Destruction: The Case of Failed Accountability and Sustainability
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 25)
- Ghassan Salhab: Making of 'The Valley'
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting http://t.co/DvoTs6z64p
12 hours ago
Displaced Intentions [A Review of "Write Down, I Am an Arab"] http://t.co/9koS9qYu4j
12 hours ago
When your Name is on the Blacklist http://t.co/hiIIn74mxM
17 hours ago
أمجد ناصر: عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء" http://t.co/7hvNhLA9WB
yesterday at 11:48 PM
Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel http://t.co/yWgpqqdOT8
yesterday at 11:52 AM