From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
How Syria Turned Off the Internet CloudFare reports on the event that occurred on November 29.
Syria Media Roundup (November 29) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Precarious Balancing Act: Lebanon and the Syrian Conflict International Crisis Group report
Syria Media Roundup (November 22) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
في جذور الأسباب البنيوية للانتفاضة السورية Assafir Al-Arabi translates Bassam Haddad's article on Jadaliyya on the structural causes of the uprising.
نصوص Jadaliyya publishes texts by Syrian writer Zacharia Tamer.
الدوحة وأخواتها Haytham Mannaa writes about Qatar and other Gulf State's influence on the former Syrian National Council and the current National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
Syria Media Roundup (November 15) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The Swallows of Syria Matilde Gattoni’s photo essay that presents the stories of some Syrian women who fled Syria
Five Texts by Zakaria Tamer translated by Marilyn Hacker
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon Dina Amer tells the story of Meesar Lahan, one of many Palestians who left Syria to seek refuge in the Lebanese refugee camps of Shatila.
Syria: When Official Memory is Amnesia by Alia Malek
Syria Media Roundup (November 8) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s October Update
Syria Media Roundup (November 1) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"In May 2012, over 2000 Palestinian prisoners and detainees went on hunger strike.. they called for an end to the practice of administrative detention, where Palestinians are held without charge or trial for months or even years."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Charlie Hebdo ve Cumhuriyetin Sinirlari
- Visualizing Impact: The Long Run & On the Brink
- Call for Submissions: Palestine Yearbook of International Law
- Syria Media Roundup (January 19)
- مجلة الدراسات الفلسطينية العدد 101: تطورات القدس ومسألة السلفية الجهادية
- Rap as Activism in Morocco: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Mouad Belghouate (El-Haqed) and Samia Errazzouki
- الجسد والسلطة في السينما
- درويش خارج النص
- On the Margins Roundup (January)
- Coming Soon! Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle In Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Luca Anceschi, Gennaro Gervasio, and Andrea Teti, Informal Power in the Greater Middle East
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Sinan Antoon Wins 2014 Saif Ghobash Banipal Translation Prize
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 12-18)
- Third Eye: Photography
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (January 20)
- Tripoli’s Unseen Faces
- Live Stream Event -- Joel Beinin on Workers and Revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia (21 January 2015 at Stanford University)
- إشكالية الفرد في المغرب
- عمر» لهاني أبو أسعد: قوة السينما من دون تابوهات»