From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
How Syria Turned Off the Internet CloudFare reports on the event that occurred on November 29.
Syria Media Roundup (November 29) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Precarious Balancing Act: Lebanon and the Syrian Conflict International Crisis Group report
Syria Media Roundup (November 22) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
في جذور الأسباب البنيوية للانتفاضة السورية Assafir Al-Arabi translates Bassam Haddad's article on Jadaliyya on the structural causes of the uprising.
نصوص Jadaliyya publishes texts by Syrian writer Zacharia Tamer.
الدوحة وأخواتها Haytham Mannaa writes about Qatar and other Gulf State's influence on the former Syrian National Council and the current National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
Syria Media Roundup (November 15) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The Swallows of Syria Matilde Gattoni’s photo essay that presents the stories of some Syrian women who fled Syria
Five Texts by Zakaria Tamer translated by Marilyn Hacker
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon Dina Amer tells the story of Meesar Lahan, one of many Palestians who left Syria to seek refuge in the Lebanese refugee camps of Shatila.
Syria: When Official Memory is Amnesia by Alia Malek
Syria Media Roundup (November 8) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s October Update
Syria Media Roundup (November 1) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- In Need of Aid but Hungry for Peace
- Syria Media Roundup (March 23)
- Boris Brejcha at D-CAF
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (28 March)
- Illicit Sex in Ottoman and French Algeria: An Interview with Aurelie Perrier
- Harvard Event: Anthony Alessandrini on Fanonian Nonviolence: After the African Spring (6 April)
- Snapshot: Palestinian Spring
- Yemen at Crossroads: An Interview with Activist Hisham Al-Omeisy
- New Texts Out Now: Don Karl and Basma Hamdy, Walls of Freedom: Street Art of the Egyptian Revolution
- New Texts Out Now: Khalil Bendib, Too Big To Fail
- New Vision for 13th Festival of Young Creators
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 24)
- What is the Role of Academia in Political Change?: The Case of BDS and Israeli Violations of International Law - from STATUS/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 24)
- Boycott, Sovereign Anxieties, and the Decolonizing Temporality of Return: A Note on Adi Ophir’s Remarks on BDS
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 16-22)
- Kurdish Alevi Music and Migration: An Interview with Ozan Aksoy
- Twelve Years After Iraq Invasion: An Interview with Rijin Sahakian, and “ A Letter to Al-Mutanabbi Street” by Sinan Antoon
- On Palestinian Cinema: An Interview with Film Director Najwa Najjar
- Kareem Lotfy and Andeel: New Folder (2)