From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
How Syria Turned Off the Internet CloudFare reports on the event that occurred on November 29.
Syria Media Roundup (November 29) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Precarious Balancing Act: Lebanon and the Syrian Conflict International Crisis Group report
Syria Media Roundup (November 22) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
في جذور الأسباب البنيوية للانتفاضة السورية Assafir Al-Arabi translates Bassam Haddad's article on Jadaliyya on the structural causes of the uprising.
نصوص Jadaliyya publishes texts by Syrian writer Zacharia Tamer.
الدوحة وأخواتها Haytham Mannaa writes about Qatar and other Gulf State's influence on the former Syrian National Council and the current National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
Syria Media Roundup (November 15) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The Swallows of Syria Matilde Gattoni’s photo essay that presents the stories of some Syrian women who fled Syria
Five Texts by Zakaria Tamer translated by Marilyn Hacker
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon Dina Amer tells the story of Meesar Lahan, one of many Palestians who left Syria to seek refuge in the Lebanese refugee camps of Shatila.
Syria: When Official Memory is Amnesia by Alia Malek
Syria Media Roundup (November 8) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s October Update
Syria Media Roundup (November 1) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“If imperialism is the driving force of neoliberalism, based on plundering national wealth for the interest of a small group of citizens and a handful of large companies, then the Syrian regime is guilty of this sin...”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Five Years After the Arab Uprisings: An Interview with Asef Bayat
- Statement by International Committee for the the Red Cross on Indiscriminate Violence in Aleppo
- Jeremy Corbyn Hasn’t Got an “Anti-Semitism Problem,” His Opponents Do
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 29)
- القدس 2016: إجراءات تهويدية تُبقي عوامل الانفجار قائمة
- الحضارة بين عقل الأفندي والأكاديمي
- أفكار سريعة: ماريا فانتابيه حول أكراد سورية
- فلسطين-إسرائيل: تفكيك الاستعمار الآن والسلام لاحقاً
- The Human Right to Dominate: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Nicola Perugini
- Syria Media Roundup (April 27)
- New Texts Out Now: Ala'a Shehabi and Marc Owen Jones, Bahrain's Uprising: Resistance and Repression in the Gulf
- Pro-AKP Media Figures Continue to Target Academics for Peace
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 26)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 26)
- Syrian Refugees and the Map of a Dangerous Journey: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Alia Malek
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 18-24)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 25)
- Critical Readings in Political Economy
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)