From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
How Syria Turned Off the Internet CloudFare reports on the event that occurred on November 29.
Syria Media Roundup (November 29) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Precarious Balancing Act: Lebanon and the Syrian Conflict International Crisis Group report
Syria Media Roundup (November 22) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
في جذور الأسباب البنيوية للانتفاضة السورية Assafir Al-Arabi translates Bassam Haddad's article on Jadaliyya on the structural causes of the uprising.
نصوص Jadaliyya publishes texts by Syrian writer Zacharia Tamer.
الدوحة وأخواتها Haytham Mannaa writes about Qatar and other Gulf State's influence on the former Syrian National Council and the current National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
Syria Media Roundup (November 15) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The Swallows of Syria Matilde Gattoni’s photo essay that presents the stories of some Syrian women who fled Syria
Five Texts by Zakaria Tamer translated by Marilyn Hacker
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon Dina Amer tells the story of Meesar Lahan, one of many Palestians who left Syria to seek refuge in the Lebanese refugee camps of Shatila.
Syria: When Official Memory is Amnesia by Alia Malek
Syria Media Roundup (November 8) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s October Update
Syria Media Roundup (November 1) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- بعد خمس سنوات من ثورة تونس: هل تسقط الدّولة؟
- What is Political Economy?: The Inaugural Political Economy Project Workshop (Part 2) - from Status/الوضع Panels
- اتفاقية باريس: أهم ملامحها ومدى تأثيرها على تغير المناخ في العالم
- Syria Media Roundup (February 12)
- New Texts Out Now: Ward Vloeberghs, Architecture, Power, and Religion in Lebanon
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 10)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 10)
- من النفايات إلى النظام: الصلات والانقطاعات
- دفتر خفيف
- (Auto)-Mobility in the Global Middle East
- What is Political Economy?: The Inaugural Political Economy Project Workshop (Part 1) - from Status/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 9)
- Call for Applicants--Doctoral Dissertation Summer Workshop: Researching Lebanon
- البنك الدولي، تلاعب و تزوير من أجل تحرير الاستثمار
- إسرائيل في القدس الشرقية: من الحسم الجغرافي إلى الحسم الديموغرافي
- فلامنجو البنت الغريبة
- Speaking Truth to Power: A Panel on Academic Freedoms and the War Against Kurds in Turkey (17 February, CUNY Graduate Center, New York)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 8)