From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
How Syria Turned Off the Internet CloudFare reports on the event that occurred on November 29.
Syria Media Roundup (November 29) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Precarious Balancing Act: Lebanon and the Syrian Conflict International Crisis Group report
Syria Media Roundup (November 22) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
في جذور الأسباب البنيوية للانتفاضة السورية Assafir Al-Arabi translates Bassam Haddad's article on Jadaliyya on the structural causes of the uprising.
نصوص Jadaliyya publishes texts by Syrian writer Zacharia Tamer.
الدوحة وأخواتها Haytham Mannaa writes about Qatar and other Gulf State's influence on the former Syrian National Council and the current National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
Syria Media Roundup (November 15) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
The Swallows of Syria Matilde Gattoni’s photo essay that presents the stories of some Syrian women who fled Syria
Five Texts by Zakaria Tamer translated by Marilyn Hacker
The Struggle of Twice-Displaced Refugees: Palestinians Fleeing Syria to Lebanon Dina Amer tells the story of Meesar Lahan, one of many Palestians who left Syria to seek refuge in the Lebanese refugee camps of Shatila.
Syria: When Official Memory is Amnesia by Alia Malek
Syria Media Roundup (November 8) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s October Update
Syria Media Roundup (November 1) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
في يوم ما، عندما تصبح لدينا دولة، ونفكر في وضع قانون للجنسية في دولتنا، سنفكر في ما كتبه غسّان كنفاني ذات يومclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty
- Palestine Media Roundup (18 February)
- اليأس كسلاح للاستبداد
- Remembering Husayn Muruwwah, the ‘Red Mujtahid’
- Six Years: Roundtable on Arab Uprisings
- The ‘Arab Spring’ Never Happened (in English)