From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on the Maghreb. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Maghreb-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form email@example.com [click “Submissions” on the main page for more information].
L’an I de la Révolution tunisienne ou les résurgences d’un passé qui divise Jocelyne Dakhlia's critique attempts to posit a "authentic" Tunisian identity.
Neither Regret Nor Remorse: Colonial Nostalgia Among French Far Right Thomas Serres analyzes the French far right's reactions to Hollande's acknowledgement of the 17 October 1961 massacre.
Maghreb Media Roundup (29 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
From Opposition to Puppet: Morocco’s Party of Justice and Development Samia Errazzouki discusses the PJD's failure to adopt the "critical voice" of reform promised in campaigns, instead yielding subserviently to the monarchy's power structures.
Maghreb Media Roundup (22 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Lonely Servitude: Child Domestic Labor in Morocco HRW reports on the prevalence of child domestic labor abuse in Morocco.
Quelle justice transitionnelle pour la Tunisie? Myriam Guetat explores problematic conceptions of "transitional justice," and obstructions to its realization in Tunisia.
ثورة . . . أما بعد Raouia Briki argues that revolutionary ideals involving employment, media freedom, dignity, and corruption have been forsaken by a government entrenched in ideological controversies.
Plurality, Hybridity, and the Self: A Review of Benjamin Stora's "Voyages en postcolonies" Samuel Everett explores Stora's latest publication, which Everett expounds as a departure from his previous works as it chronicles concepts and episodes of post-colonial studies from a highly personal perspective.
Maghreb Media Roundup (15 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Maghreb Media Roundup (8 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Du « péril noir » au Maroc Michael Vogel discusses a controversial Maroc Hebdo feature that attempts to justify the state's recent abuses against sub-Saharan African migrants.
Maghreb Media Roundup (2 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Tunisian Unionists on Strike in Kasserine Province UGTT executive member's statement on the recent wave of protests demanding employment, regional development, and genuine democratic transition.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Had the years dulled Bibi’s capacity to creatively conjure the monstrous embodiment of the other? A crocodile? Really?click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss http://t.co/i3dWLBcToc
15 hours ago
DARS Media Roundup (March 8) http://t.co/0jzZ1mrTay
16 hours ago
Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadınların Bilme Biçimleri http://t.co/1G2BqGHJ8z
16 hours ago
We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March! http://t.co/JcPtoT2tLk
16 hours ago
Committee to Protect Journalists: Second Worst Year on Record for Jailed Journalists http://t.co/h2odwGNgKt
yesterday at 11:28 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss
- DARS Media Roundup (March 8)
- Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadinlarin Bilme Bicimleri
- We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March!
- لماذا لم يثر الصعيد؟ محاولة أولية للفهم ودعوة للنقاش
- عن السيد الجديد والمرأة المصرية
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين
- New Texts Out Now: Annika Marlen Hinze, Turkish Berlin: Integration Policy and Urban Space
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2014)
- The (Ir)relevance of Academia? Academics Lash Back at Kristof for NYT Column
- Les quartiers populaires et les printemps arabes: Elements pour une approche renouvelee
- Buradan bir cikis var mi? Ya da neden HDP’deyim?
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Muhammad Ali on his Frontline Documentary "Syria's Second Front"
- Syria Media Roundup (March 4)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 4)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 4)
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Health, Access, and Contributions
- Harvard Event: The History of Syrian Revolt: Structural Causes and Dynamics (4 March)
- الأنبار بين مفهومين: الحرب والسلام