From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on the Maghreb. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Maghreb-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form email@example.com [click “Submissions” on the main page for more information].
L’an I de la Révolution tunisienne ou les résurgences d’un passé qui divise Jocelyne Dakhlia's critique attempts to posit a "authentic" Tunisian identity.
Neither Regret Nor Remorse: Colonial Nostalgia Among French Far Right Thomas Serres analyzes the French far right's reactions to Hollande's acknowledgement of the 17 October 1961 massacre.
Maghreb Media Roundup (29 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
From Opposition to Puppet: Morocco’s Party of Justice and Development Samia Errazzouki discusses the PJD's failure to adopt the "critical voice" of reform promised in campaigns, instead yielding subserviently to the monarchy's power structures.
Maghreb Media Roundup (22 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Lonely Servitude: Child Domestic Labor in Morocco HRW reports on the prevalence of child domestic labor abuse in Morocco.
Quelle justice transitionnelle pour la Tunisie? Myriam Guetat explores problematic conceptions of "transitional justice," and obstructions to its realization in Tunisia.
ثورة . . . أما بعد Raouia Briki argues that revolutionary ideals involving employment, media freedom, dignity, and corruption have been forsaken by a government entrenched in ideological controversies.
Plurality, Hybridity, and the Self: A Review of Benjamin Stora's "Voyages en postcolonies" Samuel Everett explores Stora's latest publication, which Everett expounds as a departure from his previous works as it chronicles concepts and episodes of post-colonial studies from a highly personal perspective.
Maghreb Media Roundup (15 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Maghreb Media Roundup (8 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Du « péril noir » au Maroc Michael Vogel discusses a controversial Maroc Hebdo feature that attempts to justify the state's recent abuses against sub-Saharan African migrants.
Maghreb Media Roundup (2 November) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Tunisian Unionists on Strike in Kasserine Province UGTT executive member's statement on the recent wave of protests demanding employment, regional development, and genuine democratic transition.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“While proposed reforms may indeed postpone the Spring of Anger a little, the risk of revolution is definitely increasing with the dusk of the oil age.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Studio Visit with Doa Aly
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
- The Wonder Box
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Studio Visit with Doa Aly http://t.co/yibmG5EPvi
15 hours ago
BBC News - Syria death toll 'more than 191,000' http://t.co/64At4wsbe9
18 hours ago
BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel kills three top Hamas commanders http://t.co/yO9tW6AABS
yesterday at 7:05 AM
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:45 AM
@sakkeh3arja Not at all. Yourself and Pulse, as well as others, will be invited to join an e-roundtable to address this properly.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:43 AM