From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
David Barsamian conducted the following interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad on 19 November 2012. It does not cover recent events. Instead, it features an in-depth discussion of the historical and contemporary contexts of the uprising in Syria, as well as the essential dynamics inside the country and their concomitant effects on the state, society, and unfolding events. The interview also discusses the regional context within which the Syrian crisis is lodged.
The topics covered include:
1. History and Background of the Syrian Uprising
2. Sectarianism and Claims of Sectarianism in Syria
3. The Syrian Opposition
4. The Deterioration and Transformation of the Militant Opposition
5. Iran, Hezbollah, and the Regional Dimension
6. US Policy in the Region
7. Mainstream Media Reporting on Syria
8. The Human Tragedy in Syria, and What Can be Done
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Any movement that wishes to resist capitalist exploitation and domination needs to understand the constant changing nature of capitalist organization and power. New forms of domination and exploitation require new techniques and strategies of resistance."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 24)