From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya's sister organization, Tadween Publishing, launched recently (see announcement here). Tadween is a new kind of publishing house that seeks both to produce knowledge and to scrutinize the process of knowledge production. It will produce thoroughly interactive publications in both hard-copy and e-book formats, and its content will be disproportionately geared towards pedagogy and the classroom.
As part of the new Tadween project, we are happy to announce the discussion forum Tadween Blog, which will feature material related to knowledge production, the publishing world, and the products therefrom.
Jadaliyya will be publishing Tadween Blog posts on its pages starting today. Take a moment to visit Tadween's site and check out the new and forthcoming publications, including the Arab Studies Journal, another of Jadaliyya's sister organizations under the umbrella of the Arab Studies Institute, and two forthcoming books, Mediating the Arab Uprisings and Egypt's Parliamentary Elections (2011-2012).
Tadween Publishing Team
TADWEEN EDITORIAL BOARD
Abdul Rahim Al-Shaikh
Special Projects Editor
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The official draft that the Committee of Fifty prepared is a step backward in the fight for women’s empowerment... we seek to put an end to the flagrant gender discrimination that exists in public and private life."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- `Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi (1938-2015)
- Let Us Make a New Beginning: Speech for the Armenian Genocide Centennial Commemoration in Istanbul
- Goodbye, Antoura
- Creating Change through Theater: The Freedom Theater in Jenin: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Nabil Al Raee and Alia Al Rosan
- On Palestinian Cinema: The State of Israel vs. Suha Arraf
- Turkiyeli Ermeniler’den Cagri: Bak Kardesim
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (March-April 2015)
- From Khaled Kaddal's Trapped Sounds
- كلام مجعلص في الفن: حوش المدرسة وسحابة البضان. حوار أنديل مع عادل اسكندر
- New Texts Out Now: Vijay Prashad, Letters to Palestine: Writers Respond to War and Occupation
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 21)
- Too Much Memory? Remembering and Forgetting at the Crossroads of the Centenary of the Armenian Genocide
- Water Management in Jordan in Response to the Syrian Crisis: Between Neoliberal Pressures and Social Tensions
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 21)
- Syria Media Roundup (April 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 13-19)
- Sharjah Biennial 12: Nikhil Chopra's Use like Water
- Answering the Call: Popular Islamic Activism in Sadat's Egypt: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Abdullah Al-Arian and Anthony Alessandrini
- Black Feminism Is: Reflections on the Black Feminist Think Tank Symposium
- National Association of Chicana and Chicano Studies Annual Conference Endorses Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions