From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya's sister organization, Tadween Publishing, launched recently (see announcement here). Tadween is a new kind of publishing house that seeks both to produce knowledge and to scrutinize the process of knowledge production. It will produce thoroughly interactive publications in both hard-copy and e-book formats, and its content will be disproportionately geared towards pedagogy and the classroom.
As part of the new Tadween project, we are happy to announce the discussion forum Tadween Blog, which will feature material related to knowledge production, the publishing world, and the products therefrom.
Jadaliyya will be publishing Tadween Blog posts on its pages starting today. Take a moment to visit Tadween's site and check out the new and forthcoming publications, including the Arab Studies Journal, another of Jadaliyya's sister organizations under the umbrella of the Arab Studies Institute, and two forthcoming books, Mediating the Arab Uprisings and Egypt's Parliamentary Elections (2011-2012).
Tadween Publishing Team
TADWEEN EDITORIAL BOARD
Abdul Rahim Al-Shaikh
Special Projects Editor
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Maha Abdelrahman, Egypt's Long Revolution: Protest Movements and Uprisings
- Le Père Lebret, chroniqueur de l’Etat libanais en construction
- Expropriation, Lawlessness, and Resistance in Yirca's Olive Groves: An Interview with Olcay Bingol and Deniz Bayram
- لم يكن في خطتنا أن ننتصر
- Faculty Support Student-Workers of UAW 2865 in Solidarity with Palestinian Students and Workers
- Syria Media Roundup (November 25)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 25)
- Moving in the Maze with Cairene Artist Qarm Qart
- Larissa Sansour
- Event at GMU: The Double Execution of Saddam Hussein: Diaspora, Media, and Images, with Zainab Saleh
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 17-23)
- A French Atlas of the Gulf States
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 24)
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (23 November)
- Arab Jewish Identity and the Art of Hospitality: A Conversation with Michael Rakowitz
- Visit Our Jadaliyya/ASI/GMU Booths at MESA! #83 and #84
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)