From the Editors
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
How to De-Risk Book Publishing By Steve Rosenbaum (Huffington Post)
As the nature of the publishing world shifts gears, Steve Rosenbaum claims that authors need to re-evaluate the way they approach publishing a book. For starters, social media and public appearances are essential to getting your words, literally, out there.
The Digital Publishing Explosion: INFOGRAPHIC By Dianna Dilworth (GalleyCat/MediaBistro)
3Dissue.com releases an infographic that tracks the rising success of eBooks, stating that the average eBook reader reads twenty-four books a year in comparison to the fifteen books a year read by print readers.
How to Publish Your Book: Guy Kawasaki’s Blueprint By Roger Dooley (Forbes)
A rundown of Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch’s book, APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book.
Do online courses spell the end for the traditional university? By Carole Cadwalladr (The Guardian)
In an increasingly globalized world, will higher education shift gears from the university establishment to free courses online?
An online education course correction By Ed Byrne (Technology Spectator)
Ed Byrne counters the article published by The Guardian that claims higher education is shifting to a new avenue by going online, stating that the trend has its flaws and lacks the tangible aspects a university can offer through its classrooms.
Turning a page on books: Inside the evolving publishing industry By Eva Salinas (Financial Post)
In Canada, the changing world of publication is sending publishers back to the drawing board to develop new methods of outreach.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
لأكثر من أربعين عاما ً، عاش زهاء العشرة ملايين شخص بين نهر الأردن والبحر الأبيض المتوسط في ظل نظام ينتهج سياسة الفصل العنصريclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 30)
- A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting
- Displaced Intentions
- When Your Name is on the Blacklist
- عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء"
- Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel
- Turkey’s New Migration Policy: Control Through Bureaucratization
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 22-28)
- El Rass
- Excavating the Sky
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 29)
- Propaganda, Politics, and Profiteering: Islamic Law in the Contemporary United States
- Turkey after Gezi: An Interview with Simten Cosar
- Tadween Spotlight: Gaza
- Evden Emlaga Fikirtepe: Rant ve Spekulasyon Ekseninde Kentsel Donusum
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (August-September 2014)
- Syria Media Roundup (September 26)
- Emergency Humanitarian Appeals and Gaza’s On-going Destruction: The Case of Failed Accountability and Sustainability
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 25)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30) http://t.co/vKI9UFWkU2
15 hours ago
A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting http://t.co/DvoTs6z64p
18 hours ago
Displaced Intentions [A Review of "Write Down, I Am an Arab"] http://t.co/9koS9qYu4j
18 hours ago
When your Name is on the Blacklist http://t.co/hiIIn74mxM
23 hours ago
أمجد ناصر: عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء" http://t.co/7hvNhLA9WB
yesterday at 11:48 PM