From the Editors
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
How to De-Risk Book Publishing By Steve Rosenbaum (Huffington Post)
As the nature of the publishing world shifts gears, Steve Rosenbaum claims that authors need to re-evaluate the way they approach publishing a book. For starters, social media and public appearances are essential to getting your words, literally, out there.
The Digital Publishing Explosion: INFOGRAPHIC By Dianna Dilworth (GalleyCat/MediaBistro)
3Dissue.com releases an infographic that tracks the rising success of eBooks, stating that the average eBook reader reads twenty-four books a year in comparison to the fifteen books a year read by print readers.
How to Publish Your Book: Guy Kawasaki’s Blueprint By Roger Dooley (Forbes)
A rundown of Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch’s book, APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book.
Do online courses spell the end for the traditional university? By Carole Cadwalladr (The Guardian)
In an increasingly globalized world, will higher education shift gears from the university establishment to free courses online?
An online education course correction By Ed Byrne (Technology Spectator)
Ed Byrne counters the article published by The Guardian that claims higher education is shifting to a new avenue by going online, stating that the trend has its flaws and lacks the tangible aspects a university can offer through its classrooms.
Turning a page on books: Inside the evolving publishing industry By Eva Salinas (Financial Post)
In Canada, the changing world of publication is sending publishers back to the drawing board to develop new methods of outreach.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- One Year after Raba'a: An Interview with Adam Sabra and Mona El Ghobashy
- Studio Visit with Doa Aly
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
One Year after Raba'a: An Interview with Adam Sabra and Mona El Ghobashy http://t.co/lzpLDG85wo
yesterday at 1:42 PM
Studio Visit with Doa Aly http://t.co/yibmG5EPvi
yesterday at 7:36 AM
BBC News - Syria death toll 'more than 191,000' http://t.co/64At4wsbe9
yesterday at 4:21 AM
BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel kills three top Hamas commanders http://t.co/yO9tW6AABS
on Thursday 21 August at 07:05 AM
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:45 AM