From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
How to De-Risk Book Publishing By Steve Rosenbaum (Huffington Post)
As the nature of the publishing world shifts gears, Steve Rosenbaum claims that authors need to re-evaluate the way they approach publishing a book. For starters, social media and public appearances are essential to getting your words, literally, out there.
The Digital Publishing Explosion: INFOGRAPHIC By Dianna Dilworth (GalleyCat/MediaBistro)
3Dissue.com releases an infographic that tracks the rising success of eBooks, stating that the average eBook reader reads twenty-four books a year in comparison to the fifteen books a year read by print readers.
How to Publish Your Book: Guy Kawasaki’s Blueprint By Roger Dooley (Forbes)
A rundown of Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch’s book, APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book.
Do online courses spell the end for the traditional university? By Carole Cadwalladr (The Guardian)
In an increasingly globalized world, will higher education shift gears from the university establishment to free courses online?
An online education course correction By Ed Byrne (Technology Spectator)
Ed Byrne counters the article published by The Guardian that claims higher education is shifting to a new avenue by going online, stating that the trend has its flaws and lacks the tangible aspects a university can offer through its classrooms.
Turning a page on books: Inside the evolving publishing industry By Eva Salinas (Financial Post)
In Canada, the changing world of publication is sending publishers back to the drawing board to develop new methods of outreach.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
فبدلا من جلد الذات فى مقارنة غير دقيقة مع تركيا فلنقارن ما هو شبيه فعلا ولنركز على معاركنا نحن مع رموز وأنماط النظام القديم فى ثورتنا المستمرةclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty
- Palestine Media Roundup (18 February)
- اليأس كسلاح للاستبداد
- Remembering Husayn Muruwwah, the ‘Red Mujtahid’
- Six Years: Roundtable on Arab Uprisings
- The ‘Arab Spring’ Never Happened (in English)
- Why Space Matters in the Arab Uprisings (and Beyond)