From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
How to De-Risk Book Publishing By Steve Rosenbaum (Huffington Post)
As the nature of the publishing world shifts gears, Steve Rosenbaum claims that authors need to re-evaluate the way they approach publishing a book. For starters, social media and public appearances are essential to getting your words, literally, out there.
The Digital Publishing Explosion: INFOGRAPHIC By Dianna Dilworth (GalleyCat/MediaBistro)
3Dissue.com releases an infographic that tracks the rising success of eBooks, stating that the average eBook reader reads twenty-four books a year in comparison to the fifteen books a year read by print readers.
How to Publish Your Book: Guy Kawasaki’s Blueprint By Roger Dooley (Forbes)
A rundown of Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch’s book, APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book.
Do online courses spell the end for the traditional university? By Carole Cadwalladr (The Guardian)
In an increasingly globalized world, will higher education shift gears from the university establishment to free courses online?
An online education course correction By Ed Byrne (Technology Spectator)
Ed Byrne counters the article published by The Guardian that claims higher education is shifting to a new avenue by going online, stating that the trend has its flaws and lacks the tangible aspects a university can offer through its classrooms.
Turning a page on books: Inside the evolving publishing industry By Eva Salinas (Financial Post)
In Canada, the changing world of publication is sending publishers back to the drawing board to develop new methods of outreach.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
- إشكالية المجتمع المدني في المغرب
- Press Release: Saudi Death Sentence against Shia Leader Is Politically Motivated
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Egypt Media Roundup (October 20) http://t.co/trI75cN6p3
yesterday at 11:01 AM
RT @CabreraAngel: The @NYTimes covers @jadaliyya "an inside-out perspective of the Middle East" led by Mason Prof. Bassam Haddad http://t.c…
yesterday at 10:50 AM
LA Event: Spotlight on Egypt (23 October 2014) http://t.co/2r1x5vB2Ub
yesterday at 6:21 AM
Turkey Media Roundup (October 21) http://t.co/RqXX3Lp8Fw
yesterday at 6:02 AM
O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October) http://t.co/yHjEnz9kJH
yesterday at 6:00 AM