From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Adalah Q & A on Representation/Participation of Palestinian Citizens of Israel in Knesset Elections Adalah provides answers to frequently asked questions about the upcoming parliamentary elections in Israel, which are scheduled for January 22, and their effect on Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Lebanese Security Agency's Request Threatens Citizens' Right to Privacy The Electronic Frontier Foundations expresses its concern over Lebanon's Internal Security Forces' demand for the content of text messages sent by Lebanese citizens and username and password information.
The Interactive Lebanese Flag A Lebanese flag that keeps everyone happy.
Sryian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugees International reports on the status of Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq facing the choice between living in a camp or trying to survive the winter in a city without support.
Bahrain: Police Violence and Arrests The Bahrain Center for Human Rights reports on security forces' use of violence against peaceful protests of 17 December, designated Bahrain's Martyrs Day.
Saudi Arabia: Prominent Human Rights Defender and Judge Arrested The Gulf Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the arrest of Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rashudi following the publication of his lecture entitled "the rule of demonstrations and sit-ins in Islamic law."
Torture vs. Torture Euphemisms: Language of Torture in U.S. Media 2010-2012 Covering Torture depicts the the U.S. media's usage of phrases such as "enhanced interrogation" in comparison to "torture."
New Zealand Superannuation Fund Excludes Three Companies on Responsible Investment Grounds In a press release, The New Zealand Superannuation Fund explains its reasons for divesting in Africa Israel Investments and its subsidary Danya Cebus, Elbit Systems Limited, and Shikun & Binui, all of which have been involved in supporting Israel's occupation of the West Bank.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"An exhibit of photography taken by Iranian and Arab women suggests there is something distinctive about female photographers from the Middle East... “allowing” women of the Middle East to “tell their own stories"... does nothing to “normalize” artwork from the Middle East”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Turkey Media Roundup (September 1)
- The Moroccan Non-Exception: A Conversation with Ahmed Marzouki, Former Tazmamart Detainee
- The Moroccan Non-Exception: Roundtable Introduction
- Syria Media Roundup (August 31)
- Trade Unions and Dictatorship in Egypt
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 31)
- Turkey’s Three-Front War?
- ستاتوس\ الوضع: صدور العدد 2.2
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 24-30)
- Cities Media Roundup (August 2015)
- Israel’s Defeat on the Iran Deal
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World