From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Adalah Q & A on Representation/Participation of Palestinian Citizens of Israel in Knesset Elections Adalah provides answers to frequently asked questions about the upcoming parliamentary elections in Israel, which are scheduled for January 22, and their effect on Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Lebanese Security Agency's Request Threatens Citizens' Right to Privacy The Electronic Frontier Foundations expresses its concern over Lebanon's Internal Security Forces' demand for the content of text messages sent by Lebanese citizens and username and password information.
The Interactive Lebanese Flag A Lebanese flag that keeps everyone happy.
Sryian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugees International reports on the status of Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq facing the choice between living in a camp or trying to survive the winter in a city without support.
Bahrain: Police Violence and Arrests The Bahrain Center for Human Rights reports on security forces' use of violence against peaceful protests of 17 December, designated Bahrain's Martyrs Day.
Saudi Arabia: Prominent Human Rights Defender and Judge Arrested The Gulf Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the arrest of Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rashudi following the publication of his lecture entitled "the rule of demonstrations and sit-ins in Islamic law."
Torture vs. Torture Euphemisms: Language of Torture in U.S. Media 2010-2012 Covering Torture depicts the the U.S. media's usage of phrases such as "enhanced interrogation" in comparison to "torture."
New Zealand Superannuation Fund Excludes Three Companies on Responsible Investment Grounds In a press release, The New Zealand Superannuation Fund explains its reasons for divesting in Africa Israel Investments and its subsidary Danya Cebus, Elbit Systems Limited, and Shikun & Binui, all of which have been involved in supporting Israel's occupation of the West Bank.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
What is new in the Israeli situation today is not settler colonialism, which has been the policy of the state of Israel since its inception; it is the breaking apart of the legitimating formula in which Israel is imagined as a “Jewish and democratic” state.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Naksa Fifty Years Later: New Sources, Questions, and Approaches to the '67 War (Conference at Harvard)
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016
- The World in the City and the City in the World: Reading the Janet Abu-Lughod Library
- New Texts Out Now: Henri Lauzière, The Making of Salafism: Islamic Reform in the Twentieth Century
- الوضع العارض والمؤقت للشباب: ريادة الأعمال ليست حلاً
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 28)
- Violence: Theirs and Ours
- Syria Media Roundup (March 27)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- إسطنبول.. لجوء في انتظار اللجوء
- الأغنية الوطنية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع ايليني مستكلم وفارس شوملي
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 20-26)
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 27)
- Dark Beirut: The (In)Visibility of Electricity
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 26)
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)