From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Adalah Q & A on Representation/Participation of Palestinian Citizens of Israel in Knesset Elections Adalah provides answers to frequently asked questions about the upcoming parliamentary elections in Israel, which are scheduled for January 22, and their effect on Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Lebanese Security Agency's Request Threatens Citizens' Right to Privacy The Electronic Frontier Foundations expresses its concern over Lebanon's Internal Security Forces' demand for the content of text messages sent by Lebanese citizens and username and password information.
The Interactive Lebanese Flag A Lebanese flag that keeps everyone happy.
Sryian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugees International reports on the status of Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq facing the choice between living in a camp or trying to survive the winter in a city without support.
Bahrain: Police Violence and Arrests The Bahrain Center for Human Rights reports on security forces' use of violence against peaceful protests of 17 December, designated Bahrain's Martyrs Day.
Saudi Arabia: Prominent Human Rights Defender and Judge Arrested The Gulf Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the arrest of Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rashudi following the publication of his lecture entitled "the rule of demonstrations and sit-ins in Islamic law."
Torture vs. Torture Euphemisms: Language of Torture in U.S. Media 2010-2012 Covering Torture depicts the the U.S. media's usage of phrases such as "enhanced interrogation" in comparison to "torture."
New Zealand Superannuation Fund Excludes Three Companies on Responsible Investment Grounds In a press release, The New Zealand Superannuation Fund explains its reasons for divesting in Africa Israel Investments and its subsidary Danya Cebus, Elbit Systems Limited, and Shikun & Binui, all of which have been involved in supporting Israel's occupation of the West Bank.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
"These kinds of divergences, genuine divergences of interests, are being misread as some kind of an axis shift on the part of Turkey".click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Al Jazeera Management Orders Joseph Massad Article Pulled in an Act of Pro-Israel Censorship
- سعادت حسن منتو: قصة قصيرة
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family
- الليبرالية الفلسطينية أمام القضاء الإسرائيلي
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Academic Freedom and the Middle East: A Handbook for Teaching and Research
- Syria's Inglorious Basterd
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 17)
- Buckling to Bigotry: The Newseum Dishonors Murdered Palestinian Journalists
- كتب: أطفال الندى
- Statement of the Arab and Middle East Journalists Association in Reference to Newseum Scandal
- New Texts Out Now: Maya Mikdashi, What is Settler Colonialism? and Sherene Seikaly, Return to the Present
- On the Margins Roundup (May)
- On the American Association of University Professors' Opposition to Academic Boycotts
- The Palestinian Museum: An Agent Of Empowerment And Integration For Palestinians
- An Ongoing Displacement: The Forced Exile of the Palestinians
- Syria Media Roundup (May 16)
- The Ongoing Nakba: The Forcible Displacement of the Palestinian People
- Nakba 2013: The Palestinian Youth Movement Commemorates 65 Years of Al Nakba (Introduction)