From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Adalah Q & A on Representation/Participation of Palestinian Citizens of Israel in Knesset Elections Adalah provides answers to frequently asked questions about the upcoming parliamentary elections in Israel, which are scheduled for January 22, and their effect on Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Lebanese Security Agency's Request Threatens Citizens' Right to Privacy The Electronic Frontier Foundations expresses its concern over Lebanon's Internal Security Forces' demand for the content of text messages sent by Lebanese citizens and username and password information.
The Interactive Lebanese Flag A Lebanese flag that keeps everyone happy.
Sryian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugees International reports on the status of Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq facing the choice between living in a camp or trying to survive the winter in a city without support.
Bahrain: Police Violence and Arrests The Bahrain Center for Human Rights reports on security forces' use of violence against peaceful protests of 17 December, designated Bahrain's Martyrs Day.
Saudi Arabia: Prominent Human Rights Defender and Judge Arrested The Gulf Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the arrest of Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rashudi following the publication of his lecture entitled "the rule of demonstrations and sit-ins in Islamic law."
Torture vs. Torture Euphemisms: Language of Torture in U.S. Media 2010-2012 Covering Torture depicts the the U.S. media's usage of phrases such as "enhanced interrogation" in comparison to "torture."
New Zealand Superannuation Fund Excludes Three Companies on Responsible Investment Grounds In a press release, The New Zealand Superannuation Fund explains its reasons for divesting in Africa Israel Investments and its subsidary Danya Cebus, Elbit Systems Limited, and Shikun & Binui, all of which have been involved in supporting Israel's occupation of the West Bank.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Maha Abdelrahman, Egypt's Long Revolution: Protest Movements and Uprisings
- Le Père Lebret, chroniqueur de l’Etat libanais en construction
- Expropriation, Lawlessness, and Resistance in Yirca's Olive Groves: An Interview with Olcay Bingol and Deniz Bayram
- لم يكن في خطتنا أن ننتصر
- Faculty Support Student-Workers of UAW 2865 in Solidarity with Palestinian Students and Workers
- Syria Media Roundup (November 25)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 25)
- Moving in the Maze with Cairene Artist Qarm Qart
- Larissa Sansour
- Event at GMU: The Double Execution of Saddam Hussein: Diaspora, Media, and Images, with Zainab Saleh
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 17-23)
- A French Atlas of the Gulf States
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 24)
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (23 November)
- Arab Jewish Identity and the Art of Hospitality: A Conversation with Michael Rakowitz
- Visit Our Jadaliyya/ASI/GMU Booths at MESA! #83 and #84
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)