From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Adalah Q & A on Representation/Participation of Palestinian Citizens of Israel in Knesset Elections Adalah provides answers to frequently asked questions about the upcoming parliamentary elections in Israel, which are scheduled for January 22, and their effect on Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Lebanese Security Agency's Request Threatens Citizens' Right to Privacy The Electronic Frontier Foundations expresses its concern over Lebanon's Internal Security Forces' demand for the content of text messages sent by Lebanese citizens and username and password information.
The Interactive Lebanese Flag A Lebanese flag that keeps everyone happy.
Sryian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugees International reports on the status of Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq facing the choice between living in a camp or trying to survive the winter in a city without support.
Bahrain: Police Violence and Arrests The Bahrain Center for Human Rights reports on security forces' use of violence against peaceful protests of 17 December, designated Bahrain's Martyrs Day.
Saudi Arabia: Prominent Human Rights Defender and Judge Arrested The Gulf Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the arrest of Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rashudi following the publication of his lecture entitled "the rule of demonstrations and sit-ins in Islamic law."
Torture vs. Torture Euphemisms: Language of Torture in U.S. Media 2010-2012 Covering Torture depicts the the U.S. media's usage of phrases such as "enhanced interrogation" in comparison to "torture."
New Zealand Superannuation Fund Excludes Three Companies on Responsible Investment Grounds In a press release, The New Zealand Superannuation Fund explains its reasons for divesting in Africa Israel Investments and its subsidary Danya Cebus, Elbit Systems Limited, and Shikun & Binui, all of which have been involved in supporting Israel's occupation of the West Bank.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
“So what are we seeing in Israel? A farce? A brief spasm over bread? Spoiled whingeing over the price of a flat for the children of the generals? An impossible chimera of joint struggle, the faint historical tracings of the Palestine Communist Party evanescently appearing in the Israeli imaginary?"click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
محمد صفار: علم السياسة في مصر: التاريخ والتوجهات http://t.co/pugUdXCM6B
11 hours ago
ناريمان ناجي: على أرض الصحفين ما يستحق الحكي http://t.co/aiyzcuqpul
13 hours ago
Let's Go to Guantanamo! An On-the-Ground Perspective on the 9/11 Trial http://t.co/xJQOqp86rR
13 hours ago
The Everyday Experience of Humanitarianism in Akkar Villages (Part One) http://t.co/NFxHXuMZFq
14 hours ago
Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (24 April) http://t.co/5OAUujPvvH
14 hours ago
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- يوميات طاهر عبد الحميد الفتياني وإضاءات على الحياة والمجتمع العربي في القدس خلال الحرب العالمية الثانية
- علم السياسة في مصر: التاريخ والتوجهات
- #SaveKessab, #Save Aleppo, and Kim Kardashian: Syria’s Rashomon Effect
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (24 April)
- The Everyday Experience of Humanitarianism in Akkar Villages (Part One)
- Inhabiting a Grudge
- Let's Go to Guantanamo! An On-the-Ground Perspective on the 9/11 Trial
- Studying, Researching, Teaching, Representing: The Arab Uprisings Three Years On (28 April, George Mason University)
- The Confiscation of Armenian Properties: An Interview with Umit Kurt
- ICAHD Finland Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- Notes sur l'élection présidentielle algérienne
- New Texts Out Now: Reinoud Leenders, Spoils of Truce: Corruption and State-Building in Postwar Lebanon
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 22)
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad on NPR’s Worldview, Addressing Syria’s Presidential Elections
- On Power Cuts, Protests, and Institutions: A Brief History of Electricity in Beirut (Part One)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 22)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 21)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 14-20)
- Three Poems by Ahmad Shamlou
- Nasr Hamid Abu Zaid: A Profile from the Archives