From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
As debate over Egypt’s draft constitution proceeds, the editors would like to bring to your attention a page compiling Jadaliyya’s coverage of the lead-up to the constitutional referendum, as well as the political battles that have shaped the context in which the referendum is being convened.
A few highlights from Egypt's Constitutional Referendum Page include:
- A set of video clips produced by the Mosireen collective and in which relevant Egyptian activists and experts explain the implications that the new constitution would have for workers’ social and economic rights, freedom of expression, state-sponsored violence against citizens and detained suspects, and the military’s non-democratic political and economic privileges
- Paul Sedra’s analysis of the draft constitution and what it means for Egypt’s Copts and their relationship with the Coptic Orthodox Church
- A summary of the most controversial articles in the draft constitution by Lina Attalah
- Karim Abou-Youssef’s legal analysis of the draft constitution, and the limitations it could place on personal rights and government accountability.
The page also contains analysis of the broader political and social contexts animating the ongoing conflicts between President Mohamed Morsi and his challengers, including articles by Ellis Goldberg, Hesham Sallam, Seifeldin Fawzy, and Linda Herrera, Magdy Alabady, and Adel Iskandar.
The compilation of articles also includes personal testimonies, and on-the-ground coverage of protests and clashes between Morsi’s partisans and his opponents, including pieces by Mohamad Adam, Wael Eskandar, Bassam Haddad, and Dina Amer.
And there is more!
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Just imagine, for instance, activists descending on Qalandia from all corners of Palestine to protest an end to the occupation.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey
- دورنا في صناعة الظلام
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (January 23- March 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (March 15)