From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Call for Applicants: Building Knowledge in Media Policy for Arab Countries in Transition (Cairo, 12-21 March 2013)
Building Knowledge in Media Policy for Arab Countries in Transition
12 - 21 March 2013
American University of Cairo
The School of Global Affairs and Public Policy’s Executive Education at the American University in Cairo, announces the third round of its program entitled "Building Knowledge in Media Policy for Arab Countries in Transition" from March 12 to 21, 2013.
The training will be delivered in Arabic for members of civil society organizations advocating for media reform, journalists and media professionals from Egypt, Libya and Tunisia.
Qualified applicants will receive full waiver of tuition fees, travel, accommodation and transportation expenses.
The deadline to submit applications is 23 January 2013.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy’s Executive Education at the American University in Cairo website.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"A main objective behind these unwritten regulations [of entry to public spaces] is promoting a suitable environment for capital investments and high-end consumption… for them, public spaces should be exclusive of lower income groups whose practices do not qualify as tasteful according to their social position."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 20-26)
- Daoud’s Camus Fanfiction Is More of the Same
- تدمر، واحة للظلام
- Gay Hanging in Iran: Atrocities and Impersonations
- Quick Thoughts: John Reynolds on Recent Amendments to the Israeli Penal Code
- لا بشرٌ ولاحجر... تدمر وسرديات الحرب على الآثار
- Boycotting Israeli Academic Institutions: Advice for Anthropologists
- خلافـــــة الرئيـــس
- New Texts Out Now: Ali Issa, Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle in Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Franck Mermier, Récits de villes: d’Aden à Beyrouth
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 22)
- Attacks against Solidarity with Kobane: The Suruç Massacre of Young Revolutionaries
- Why are LGBT Equality Organizations Joining Forces with Israel Advocacy Groups?
- Has Amnesty International Lost Its Way? A Forensic Analysis of Amnesty’s Reports on Operation Protective Edge (Part 1)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 21)
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 21)
- وردة باراثِلسو: قصة للكاتب الأرجنتيني خورخِ لويس بورخِسْ
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 20)
- Beirut Event -- Lebanon in the 1940s and 1950s: A Panel Discussion (28 July 2015)
- جنازات الخريف