From the Editors
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Three Predictions for Book Publishing in 2013 By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With a new year on the horizon, Forbes’ Jeremy Greenfield makes some predictions about what will rock the publishing world in 2013.
2012: The year of self-publishing By Husna Haq (Christian Science Monitor)
In a year of economic hardship, with bookstores closing and publishing houses merging in order to stay afloat, self-publishing remains a beacon of hope.
Scholastic Revenue Down 10% for Q2 By Maryann Yin (MediaBistro/Galley Cat)
Despite high hopes with some successful book series on the shelves, Scholastic revealed that its revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2012 dropped ten percent in comparison to last year.
How 6 New tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book By Carla King (MediaShift/PBS)
Six new technological tools in the writing and publishing industry have the potential to revolutionize the way authors view writing and publishing in 2013.
Self-Publishing: No Longer Just a Vanity Project By Lynn Neary (NPR)
The success of self-published books is having a profound impact on the way authors and publishers think about the publishing world.
Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to Know By Bernard Starr (Huffington Post)
Interview: Paul Rapp, an attorney who specializes in intellectual property rights, discusses the legal responsibilities of self-publishers.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The faces of workers, including children, are turned silver after long hours in the aluminum workshops and factories. Most of the polishing workshops are narrow and the air is full of aluminum particles in dust or powder form."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Court Suspends Mahienour El-Massry's Sentence, Orders Release
- Muhammad Abduh: A Profile from the Archives
- Iraq: A State or Militias?
- Progressive Struggles against Insidious Capitalist Individualism: Interview with Angela Davis
- Syria Media Roundup (September 20)
- DARS Media Roundup (September 20)
- حروب الردة أو اغتيال المستقبل
- Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi
- Sympathy for the Devil: Palestine’s Tragic Collaborators
- LA Event--From Gaza to Ferguson: A Panel Discussion (18 September 2014)
- Understanding Modernity: A Review of the Kuwait Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
- New Texts Out Now: Myriam Ababsa, Atlas of Jordan: History, Territories, and Society
- أسباب الثورة في البحرين: حوار مع مريم الخواجة
- Yasmine Hamdan
- Telepoetic with Rami Abadir
- Media, Activism and the New Political: 'Istanbul Conversations' on New Media and Left Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 16)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 8-14)
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 15)
- Jamal ad-Din al-Afghani: A Profile from the Archives
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Syria Media Roundup (September 20) http://t.co/W9IMQZlMej
yesterday at 12:19 PM
Court Suspends Mahienour El-Massry's Sentence, Orders Release http://t.co/Dk8heuWV93
yesterday at 11:05 AM
Muhammad Abduh: A Profile from the Archives http://t.co/pQ0Z5PIBpf
yesterday at 9:38 AM
Open Letter to the Brooklyn Book Festival re Israeli Sponsorship http://t.co/miM7l4thpO
yesterday at 9:16 AM
Iraq: A State or Militias? http://t.co/WuQiX6DHxe
yesterday at 8:36 AM