From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Three Predictions for Book Publishing in 2013 By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With a new year on the horizon, Forbes’ Jeremy Greenfield makes some predictions about what will rock the publishing world in 2013.
2012: The year of self-publishing By Husna Haq (Christian Science Monitor)
In a year of economic hardship, with bookstores closing and publishing houses merging in order to stay afloat, self-publishing remains a beacon of hope.
Scholastic Revenue Down 10% for Q2 By Maryann Yin (MediaBistro/Galley Cat)
Despite high hopes with some successful book series on the shelves, Scholastic revealed that its revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2012 dropped ten percent in comparison to last year.
How 6 New tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book By Carla King (MediaShift/PBS)
Six new technological tools in the writing and publishing industry have the potential to revolutionize the way authors view writing and publishing in 2013.
Self-Publishing: No Longer Just a Vanity Project By Lynn Neary (NPR)
The success of self-published books is having a profound impact on the way authors and publishers think about the publishing world.
Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to Know By Bernard Starr (Huffington Post)
Interview: Paul Rapp, an attorney who specializes in intellectual property rights, discusses the legal responsibilities of self-publishers.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The BDS Movement has given rise to a vast network of student groups across the US that are now coming together under the umbrella organization, Students for Justice in Palestine-National, to discuss past and future solidarity efforts."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Charlie Hebdo ve Cumhuriyetin Sinirlari
- Visualizing Impact: The Long Run & On the Brink
- Call for Submissions: Palestine Yearbook of International Law
- Syria Media Roundup (January 19)
- مجلة الدراسات الفلسطينية العدد 101: تطورات القدس ومسألة السلفية الجهادية
- Rap as Activism in Morocco: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Mouad Belghouate (El-Haqed) and Samia Errazzouki
- الجسد والسلطة في السينما
- درويش خارج النص
- On the Margins Roundup (January)
- Coming Soon! Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle In Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Luca Anceschi, Gennaro Gervasio, and Andrea Teti, Informal Power in the Greater Middle East
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Sinan Antoon Wins 2014 Saif Ghobash Banipal Translation Prize
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 12-18)
- Third Eye: Photography
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (January 20)
- Tripoli’s Unseen Faces
- Live Stream Event -- Joel Beinin on Workers and Revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia (21 January 2015 at Stanford University)
- إشكالية الفرد في المغرب
- عمر» لهاني أبو أسعد: قوة السينما من دون تابوهات»