From the Editors
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Three Predictions for Book Publishing in 2013 By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With a new year on the horizon, Forbes’ Jeremy Greenfield makes some predictions about what will rock the publishing world in 2013.
2012: The year of self-publishing By Husna Haq (Christian Science Monitor)
In a year of economic hardship, with bookstores closing and publishing houses merging in order to stay afloat, self-publishing remains a beacon of hope.
Scholastic Revenue Down 10% for Q2 By Maryann Yin (MediaBistro/Galley Cat)
Despite high hopes with some successful book series on the shelves, Scholastic revealed that its revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2012 dropped ten percent in comparison to last year.
How 6 New tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book By Carla King (MediaShift/PBS)
Six new technological tools in the writing and publishing industry have the potential to revolutionize the way authors view writing and publishing in 2013.
Self-Publishing: No Longer Just a Vanity Project By Lynn Neary (NPR)
The success of self-published books is having a profound impact on the way authors and publishers think about the publishing world.
Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to Know By Bernard Starr (Huffington Post)
Interview: Paul Rapp, an attorney who specializes in intellectual property rights, discusses the legal responsibilities of self-publishers.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Other Israelis
- Seam Zones, Security Zones, Death Zones, and Walls
- The Economic Challenges of the Gaza War: Relief and Reconstruction but No Palestinian Development
- Zionism, BDS, and American Muslim Leadership
- Iranian Intellectuals, Artists and Social Activists' Statement on the Recent Conflict in Palestine
- Racism is the Foundation of Israel's Operation Protective Edge
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- CNN Discusses the Palestinian Perspective with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution
- Once Again on Caesarism: Continuing the Debate with Joel Beinin
- Malak Helmy: Lost Referents of Some Attraction
- The FBI’s War on Fake Terrorism
- فصل من رواية نوكيا
- A City-Sized Prison-House
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 29)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 29)
- Cities Media Roundup (July 1-28)
- Isolating Gaza
- العراق: خطاب التقسيم والأقلمة
- Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution http://t.co/QZshLc17Yd
11 hours ago
The Other Israelis http://t.co/BGlSU25ihn
13 hours ago
New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution http://t.co/GpIIhkcjXl
13 hours ago
Zionism, BDS, and American Muslim Leadership http://t.co/YKsNKRSYSl
20 hours ago
Iranian Intellectuals, Artists and Social Activists' Statement on the Recent Conflict in Palestine http://t.co/n0SLRlzuF2
20 hours ago