From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Three Predictions for Book Publishing in 2013 By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With a new year on the horizon, Forbes’ Jeremy Greenfield makes some predictions about what will rock the publishing world in 2013.
2012: The year of self-publishing By Husna Haq (Christian Science Monitor)
In a year of economic hardship, with bookstores closing and publishing houses merging in order to stay afloat, self-publishing remains a beacon of hope.
Scholastic Revenue Down 10% for Q2 By Maryann Yin (MediaBistro/Galley Cat)
Despite high hopes with some successful book series on the shelves, Scholastic revealed that its revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2012 dropped ten percent in comparison to last year.
How 6 New tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book By Carla King (MediaShift/PBS)
Six new technological tools in the writing and publishing industry have the potential to revolutionize the way authors view writing and publishing in 2013.
Self-Publishing: No Longer Just a Vanity Project By Lynn Neary (NPR)
The success of self-published books is having a profound impact on the way authors and publishers think about the publishing world.
Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to Know By Bernard Starr (Huffington Post)
Interview: Paul Rapp, an attorney who specializes in intellectual property rights, discusses the legal responsibilities of self-publishers.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Roundtable On Refugee Crisis: Historical Legacies, Political Context, and Legal Mechanisms
- Loeterman’s Documentary on Palestine (1913): Seeds of Conflict
- Palestine Media Roundup (October 1 – 7)
- Teach-In On Gaza: History, Politics, and Economics (GU Event)
- المدن نساء حلم متأخر
- Whitewashing Colonialism
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (August-October)
- Life in the Qandil Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Battlefield Syria: An Interview with Omar Dahi
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)