From the Editors
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Three Predictions for Book Publishing in 2013 By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With a new year on the horizon, Forbes’ Jeremy Greenfield makes some predictions about what will rock the publishing world in 2013.
2012: The year of self-publishing By Husna Haq (Christian Science Monitor)
In a year of economic hardship, with bookstores closing and publishing houses merging in order to stay afloat, self-publishing remains a beacon of hope.
Scholastic Revenue Down 10% for Q2 By Maryann Yin (MediaBistro/Galley Cat)
Despite high hopes with some successful book series on the shelves, Scholastic revealed that its revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2012 dropped ten percent in comparison to last year.
How 6 New tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book By Carla King (MediaShift/PBS)
Six new technological tools in the writing and publishing industry have the potential to revolutionize the way authors view writing and publishing in 2013.
Self-Publishing: No Longer Just a Vanity Project By Lynn Neary (NPR)
The success of self-published books is having a profound impact on the way authors and publishers think about the publishing world.
Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to Know By Bernard Starr (Huffington Post)
Interview: Paul Rapp, an attorney who specializes in intellectual property rights, discusses the legal responsibilities of self-publishers.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“To continue to insist on blanket support for Asad under the pretense of an anti-imperialist stance is to confuse anti-imperialism with blind support for nationalist elites.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Studio Visit with Doa Aly
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
- The Wonder Box
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Studio Visit with Doa Aly http://t.co/yibmG5EPvi
11 hours ago
BBC News - Syria death toll 'more than 191,000' http://t.co/64At4wsbe9
14 hours ago
BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel kills three top Hamas commanders http://t.co/yO9tW6AABS
yesterday at 7:05 AM
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:45 AM
@sakkeh3arja Not at all. Yourself and Pulse, as well as others, will be invited to join an e-roundtable to address this properly.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:43 AM