From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Three Predictions for Book Publishing in 2013 By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With a new year on the horizon, Forbes’ Jeremy Greenfield makes some predictions about what will rock the publishing world in 2013.
2012: The year of self-publishing By Husna Haq (Christian Science Monitor)
In a year of economic hardship, with bookstores closing and publishing houses merging in order to stay afloat, self-publishing remains a beacon of hope.
Scholastic Revenue Down 10% for Q2 By Maryann Yin (MediaBistro/Galley Cat)
Despite high hopes with some successful book series on the shelves, Scholastic revealed that its revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2012 dropped ten percent in comparison to last year.
How 6 New tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book By Carla King (MediaShift/PBS)
Six new technological tools in the writing and publishing industry have the potential to revolutionize the way authors view writing and publishing in 2013.
Self-Publishing: No Longer Just a Vanity Project By Lynn Neary (NPR)
The success of self-published books is having a profound impact on the way authors and publishers think about the publishing world.
Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to Know By Bernard Starr (Huffington Post)
Interview: Paul Rapp, an attorney who specializes in intellectual property rights, discusses the legal responsibilities of self-publishers.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“While proposed reforms may indeed postpone the Spring of Anger a little, the risk of revolution is definitely increasing with the dusk of the oil age.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Iraqi Odyssey in NYC
- دمشق 2013
- الهوامش التي نعيش فيها
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 24)
- A Moveable Feast? Reflections on the French Coverage of the Paris Attacks
- Palestine Media Roundup (November 19 - 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 16-22)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 26)
- The Diaspora, Debt, and Dollarization: Unraveling Lebanon’s Resilience to a Sovereign Debt Crisis
- في العلاقة الشائكة بين التاريخ والتطرّف
- New Texts Out Now: Safinaz El Tarouty, Businessmen, Clientelism, and Authoritarianism in Egypt
- Anthropologists Speak Out for Justice in Palestine
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.3 is Live! Celebrating Our One-Year Anniversary
- يكفيني أن ألمس ورقة خضراء حتى أرى
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 23)
- عصفورية إلى الأبد
- Affirming the Rights of Students to Organize, Protest, and Resist (City University of New York)
- Terror Everywhere, Humanity Nowhere
- الجلبي، عبد الرزاق عبد الواحد: سجال ما بعد الديكتاتور
- القصائدُ قرودٌ؛ هكذا كلّ واقعٍ في عين أمّه غزال