From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Four Poems Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems translated into English.
Syria Media Roundup (December 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Will Brahimi Get a Breakthrough? Vijay Prashad on the dangerous developments and the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Syria
صندوق الألم: جولان حاجي Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems.
Syria Media Roundup (December 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syrian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugee International’s policy recommendations for Turkey, Jordan and Iraq
The Triumph and Irrelevance of Meta-Narratives Over Syria: “Rohna Dahiyyah” Bassam Haddad writes “Syria is a game now, played by states, institutions, analysts, activists, journalists, bloggers, tweeters, and artists who are often only remotely connected to the real lives of real people enduring real conditions there.”
عن واشنطن والائتلاف والنصرة Oraib Al-Rantawi writes about the US' decisions to recognize the National Coalition as the official and legitimate representative of the Syrian people and its subsequent decision to add the Nusra Front to the list of terrorist organizations.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 3) Vijay Prashad on the ambivalent Western plans for Syria
Syria Media Roundup (December 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 2) Vijay Prashad on the tensions that the refugee crisis has brought onto neighboring countries.
الضحك في الزمن المظلم: مقابلة مع ممدوح حمادة Lisa Wedeen interviews writer Mamdouh Hamada
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 1) Vijay Prashad on the lack of humanitarian aid being delivered to the refugees.
Syria Media Roundup (December 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s update
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"It is through this strategy of capitalizing from the partisan squabbles among political parties that the monarchy has anchored itself in Morocco’s political landscape as a “uniting” and seemingly “necessary” actor."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- "A Slaughter of Innocents": Democracy Now! Interview with American Jewish Leader Henry Siegman
- A Teenager Contemplates Life and War in the Gaza Strip
- The Other Israelis
- Seam Zones, Security Zones, Death Zones, and Walls
- The Economic Challenges of the Gaza War: Relief and Reconstruction but No Palestinian Development
- Zionism, BDS, and American Muslim Leadership
- Iranian Intellectuals, Artists and Social Activists' Statement on the Recent Conflict in Palestine
- Racism is the Foundation of Israel's Operation Protective Edge
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- CNN Discusses the Palestinian Perspective with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution
- Once Again on Caesarism: Continuing the Debate with Joel Beinin
- Malak Helmy: Lost Referents of Some Attraction
- The FBI’s War on Fake Terrorism
- فصل من رواية نوكيا
- A City-Sized Prison-House
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 29)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 29)
- Cities Media Roundup (July 1-28)
- Isolating Gaza
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
"A Slaughter of Innocents": Democracy Now! Interview with American Jewish Leader Henry Siegman http://t.co/EFDdRvzxI4
13 hours ago
A Teenager Contemplates Life and War in the Gaza Strip http://t.co/hHmIGpXnlP
13 hours ago
New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution http://t.co/QZshLc17Yd
16 hours ago
The Other Israelis http://t.co/BGlSU25ihn
17 hours ago
New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution http://t.co/GpIIhkcjXl
17 hours ago