From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Four Poems Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems translated into English.
Syria Media Roundup (December 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Will Brahimi Get a Breakthrough? Vijay Prashad on the dangerous developments and the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Syria
صندوق الألم: جولان حاجي Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems.
Syria Media Roundup (December 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syrian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugee International’s policy recommendations for Turkey, Jordan and Iraq
The Triumph and Irrelevance of Meta-Narratives Over Syria: “Rohna Dahiyyah” Bassam Haddad writes “Syria is a game now, played by states, institutions, analysts, activists, journalists, bloggers, tweeters, and artists who are often only remotely connected to the real lives of real people enduring real conditions there.”
عن واشنطن والائتلاف والنصرة Oraib Al-Rantawi writes about the US' decisions to recognize the National Coalition as the official and legitimate representative of the Syrian people and its subsequent decision to add the Nusra Front to the list of terrorist organizations.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 3) Vijay Prashad on the ambivalent Western plans for Syria
Syria Media Roundup (December 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 2) Vijay Prashad on the tensions that the refugee crisis has brought onto neighboring countries.
الضحك في الزمن المظلم: مقابلة مع ممدوح حمادة Lisa Wedeen interviews writer Mamdouh Hamada
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 1) Vijay Prashad on the lack of humanitarian aid being delivered to the refugees.
Syria Media Roundup (December 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s update
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"That this election is proceeding in a context of wide-scale arrest, prosecution, imprisonment and even murder of political dissidents leaves little doubt that this vote is devoid of democratic merits."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 23)
- Yemen: The Peace and National Partnership Agreement
- اليمن: نص اتفاق السلم والشراكة الوطنية
- Another Letter to Mr. Elie Wiesel
- Breaking: Yemeni Political Alliances Shift as Houthis Capture Sanaa
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 22)
- On Dead and Living Characters
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 15-21)
- Mehdi Haddab
- Court Suspends Mahienour El-Massry's Sentence, Orders Release
- Muhammad Abduh: A Profile from the Archives
- Iraq: A State or Militias?
- Progressive Struggles against Insidious Capitalist Individualism: Interview with Angela Davis
- Syria Media Roundup (September 20)
- DARS Media Roundup (September 20)
- حروب الردة أو اغتيال المستقبل
- Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi
- Sympathy for the Devil: Palestine’s Tragic Collaborators
- LA Event--From Gaza to Ferguson: A Panel Discussion (18 September 2014)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Another Letter to Mr. Elie Wiesel http://t.co/KJxGaeJgTn
15 hours ago
Egypt Media Roundup (September 22) http://t.co/FuTMAJH5vX
17 hours ago
The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia http://t.co/vNWjLgmcSu
18 hours ago
Call for Applicants: Historian of the Modern Middle East (Brown University) http://t.co/rh4ZLlYvEX
21 hours ago
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 23) http://t.co/i0l43OZt5A
21 hours ago