From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Four Poems Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems translated into English.
Syria Media Roundup (December 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Will Brahimi Get a Breakthrough? Vijay Prashad on the dangerous developments and the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Syria
صندوق الألم: جولان حاجي Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems.
Syria Media Roundup (December 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syrian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugee International’s policy recommendations for Turkey, Jordan and Iraq
The Triumph and Irrelevance of Meta-Narratives Over Syria: “Rohna Dahiyyah” Bassam Haddad writes “Syria is a game now, played by states, institutions, analysts, activists, journalists, bloggers, tweeters, and artists who are often only remotely connected to the real lives of real people enduring real conditions there.”
عن واشنطن والائتلاف والنصرة Oraib Al-Rantawi writes about the US' decisions to recognize the National Coalition as the official and legitimate representative of the Syrian people and its subsequent decision to add the Nusra Front to the list of terrorist organizations.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 3) Vijay Prashad on the ambivalent Western plans for Syria
Syria Media Roundup (December 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 2) Vijay Prashad on the tensions that the refugee crisis has brought onto neighboring countries.
الضحك في الزمن المظلم: مقابلة مع ممدوح حمادة Lisa Wedeen interviews writer Mamdouh Hamada
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 1) Vijay Prashad on the lack of humanitarian aid being delivered to the refugees.
Syria Media Roundup (December 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s update
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"... breaking from the chains of subjugation means undermining the historico-racial schema by challenging the white mythos created by the law and sustained by the self, including the carefully crafted legal fictions of the separateness of Jerusalemites/Bedouin/Arab-Israelis/West Bankers/Gazans/refugees. By doing so, they will be better placed to effect free agency in the schematization of the colonial world they inhabit.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 24)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 17-23)
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani Interview by France24 on Gaza Disengagement and Its Aftermath