From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Four Poems Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems translated into English.
Syria Media Roundup (December 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Will Brahimi Get a Breakthrough? Vijay Prashad on the dangerous developments and the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Syria
صندوق الألم: جولان حاجي Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems.
Syria Media Roundup (December 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syrian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugee International’s policy recommendations for Turkey, Jordan and Iraq
The Triumph and Irrelevance of Meta-Narratives Over Syria: “Rohna Dahiyyah” Bassam Haddad writes “Syria is a game now, played by states, institutions, analysts, activists, journalists, bloggers, tweeters, and artists who are often only remotely connected to the real lives of real people enduring real conditions there.”
عن واشنطن والائتلاف والنصرة Oraib Al-Rantawi writes about the US' decisions to recognize the National Coalition as the official and legitimate representative of the Syrian people and its subsequent decision to add the Nusra Front to the list of terrorist organizations.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 3) Vijay Prashad on the ambivalent Western plans for Syria
Syria Media Roundup (December 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 2) Vijay Prashad on the tensions that the refugee crisis has brought onto neighboring countries.
الضحك في الزمن المظلم: مقابلة مع ممدوح حمادة Lisa Wedeen interviews writer Mamdouh Hamada
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 1) Vijay Prashad on the lack of humanitarian aid being delivered to the refugees.
Syria Media Roundup (December 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s update
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
“Just imagine, for instance, activists descending on Qalandia from all corners of Palestine to protest an end to the occupation.”click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
- الجزائر إعادة تخيّل الحقبة الجميلة
- بغداد: نعمة النفايات وفوضاها
- American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel
- New Texts Out Now: Ralf Brand and Sara Fregonese, The Radicals’ City: Urban Environment, Polarization, Cohesion
- Implications of Morocco's Bifurcated Educational System
حيدر عيد: تأملات فلسطينية في الأيديولوجيا السياسية الأمريكية http://t.co/apyPlZSGpc
13 hours ago
BBC News - US and UK suspend non-lethal aid for Syria rebels http://t.co/bqQ4btrjZC
14 hours ago
DARS Media Roundup (December 11) http://t.co/sZPFgiZpJj
14 hours ago
New Texts Out Now: Abdel Razzaq Takriti, "Monsoon Revolution: Republicans, Sultans, and Empires in Oman, 1965-1976" http://t.co/QA7GrVBJNd
15 hours ago
طارق خميس: الأبارتهايد ونقاشات منع التجوّل http://t.co/azHy5PdIxb
yesterday at 12:29 PM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- تأملات فلسطينية في الأيديولوجيا السياسية الأمريكية
- DARS Media Roundup (December 11)
- New Texts Out Now: Abdel Razzaq Takriti, Monsoon Revolution: Republicans, Sultans, and Empires in Oman, 1965-1976
- Jil Oslo: Palestinian Hip Hop, Youth Culture, and the Youth Movement
- الأبارتهايد ونقاشات منع التجوّل
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (December 10)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 2-8)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 10)
- International Human Rights Day: Palestinian People’s Suffering Continues
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (10 December)
- Syria Media Roundup (December 10)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 10)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 9)
- Drug Trafficking in Northwest Africa: The Moroccan Gateway
- Maghreb Media Roundup (December 9)
- Israel Wins in Mexico
- The Whispers of WhatsApp: Beyond Facebook and Twitter in the Middle East
- Beirut Art Center's Exposure 2013
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (November 2013)
- Outlawing The January 25 Revolution (VIDEO)