From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on Syria. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Syria-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to firstname.lastname@example.org [click "Submissions" on the main page for more information]
Four Poems Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems translated into English.
Syria Media Roundup (December 27) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Will Brahimi Get a Breakthrough? Vijay Prashad on the dangerous developments and the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Syria
صندوق الألم: جولان حاجي Some of Syrian poet Jolan Haji's poems.
Syria Media Roundup (December 20) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Syrian Refugees: Reliance on Camps Creates Few Good Options Refugee International’s policy recommendations for Turkey, Jordan and Iraq
The Triumph and Irrelevance of Meta-Narratives Over Syria: “Rohna Dahiyyah” Bassam Haddad writes “Syria is a game now, played by states, institutions, analysts, activists, journalists, bloggers, tweeters, and artists who are often only remotely connected to the real lives of real people enduring real conditions there.”
عن واشنطن والائتلاف والنصرة Oraib Al-Rantawi writes about the US' decisions to recognize the National Coalition as the official and legitimate representative of the Syrian people and its subsequent decision to add the Nusra Front to the list of terrorist organizations.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 3) Vijay Prashad on the ambivalent Western plans for Syria
Syria Media Roundup (December 13) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 2) Vijay Prashad on the tensions that the refugee crisis has brought onto neighboring countries.
الضحك في الزمن المظلم: مقابلة مع ممدوح حمادة Lisa Wedeen interviews writer Mamdouh Hamada
A Nation of Pain and Suffering: Syria (Part 1) Vijay Prashad on the lack of humanitarian aid being delivered to the refugees.
Syria Media Roundup (December 6) Weekly collection of pertinent articles published on Syria in various outlets.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group’s update
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“If imperialism is the driving force of neoliberalism, based on plundering national wealth for the interest of a small group of citizens and a handful of large companies, then the Syrian regime is guilty of this sin...”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
- The Wonder Box
- Scholars Pledge to Boycott UIUC Over the Firing of Steven Salaita
- ما بعد الناصرية الجزء الثاني
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
12 hours ago
@sakkeh3arja Not at all. Yourself and Pulse, as well as others, will be invited to join an e-roundtable to address this properly.
12 hours ago
@sakkeh3arja just saw this comment. shows you're really angry, and incorrect in this assumption/tweet.
12 hours ago
@sakkeh3arja no denials. it's for all to see, and follow. despite ur accusations and insults, we engaged. must sign off for real now.
12 hours ago
@sakkeh3arja no changing of story. the emphasis is on DC because of its gravity/relations/power, even if it happens elsewhere. not odd.
12 hours ago