From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jan 03 2013
- Let's Talk About Sex
- How Not to Study Gender in the Middle East
- Sexual Harassment Video that Led to Removal of Rula Quawas as Dean at the University of Jordan
- Egyptian Elections: Preliminary Results [UPDATED]
- "من المآسي المضاعفة للنزوح:فتيات سوريات للزواج "بثمن بخس
- US on UN Veto: "Disgusting", "Shameful", "Deplorable", "a Travesty" . . . Really?
- The Idiot's Guide to Fighting Dictatorship in Syria While Opposing Military Intervention
- Jon Stewart's Theater of the Absurd
- Stuff White People Like n.135 Humanitarian Intervention
- What is Settler Colonialism?
- What is a Virgin?
- "Was the Arab Spring Really Worth It?": The Fascinating Arrogance of Power
- Asad Apologists: The Ostrich Syndrome
- Waiting for Alia
- Saeeds of Revolution: De-Mythologizing Khaled Saeed
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali's War
- Egypt's Three Revolutions: The Force of History behind this Popular Uprising
- Timeline: Israel's Latest Escalation in Gaza
- My 50 Minutes with Manaf
- Politics at the Tip of the Clitoris: Why, in Fact, Do They Hate Us?
- The Seven Wonders of the Revolution
- Letter Concerning Removal of Professor Rula Quawas from Her Post as Dean at the University of Jordan
- جنرالات مصر ورأس المال العابر للحدود
- Why Chuck Hagel Is Irrelevant
- الطاغية إبن الطاغية
- UC Berkeley's New Chancellor Endorses the Falsehood: Criticizing Israel is Anti-Semitic
- Morsi Past the Point of No Return
- The Uprisings Will be Gendered
- Egypt's Revolution 2.0: The Facebook Factor
- الجيش والاقتصاد في بر مصر
- Tradition and the Anti-Politics Machine: DAM Seduced by the “Honor Crime”
- Tribalism in the Arabian Peninsula: It Is a Family Affair
- Gay Rights as Human Rights: Pinkwashing Homonationalism
- E-Militias of the Muslim Brotherhood: How to Upload Ideology on Facebook
- الثورة المصرية تلفظ أبناءها؟ من كريم عامر إلى علياء المهدي
- Frantz Fanon and the Arab Uprisings: An Interview with Nigel Gibson
- The Muslim Brotherhood's Militias in Action: A Firsthand Account
- The PhD's Job Crisis
- ماذا يعني الحكم لصالح حازم صلاح أبو اسماعيل، وماذا نقرأ في عودة الإخوان للميدان؟
- The Army and the Economy in Egypt
- بانتظار علياء
- The End of Taking the Syrian Revolution at Face Value
- War of Position and War of Maneuver: Sexperts, Sex Pervs, and Sex Revolutionaries
- A Year in the Life of Egypt's Media: A 2011 Timeline [Updated]
- Egypt's Other Revolution: Modernizing the Military-Industrial Complex
- The Agonies of Susan Rice: Gaza and the Negroponte Doctrine
- "We Are the Eight Percent": Inside Egypt's Underground Shaabi Music Scene
- Whose Innocence?: Thoughts on Copts, Muslims, and a World Gone (Temporally) Mad
- Lordy, Lordy, I Declare! Big Brother Is in My Underwear
- We Are Fine in Gaza. How Are You?
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Censorship and Detention in Egypt, A Personal Account: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Alaa Abd El Fattah and Lina Attalah
Some Torture Facts: Revelations from the Recent SSCI Report on the CIA Detention and Interrogation Program
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Stepping out of the vehicle, it is difficult not to reflect on the lives that were lost on this same ground, the people that were injured, and the tens of thousands of would-be Sahrawi refugees that crossed it beginning in 1975."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Hassan Khan: Taraban
- Soma, Ermenek, Yirca: Can Anti-Coal Activists Defend Coal Miners and Olive Farmers?
- Historical Realities of Concept Pop: Debating Art in Egypt
- New Texts Out Now: Isabelle Werenfels, Beyond Authoritarian Upgrading: The Re-Emergence of Sufi Orders in Maghrebi Politics
- Syria Media Roundup (December 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 16)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 16)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 15)
- Aloha Aina: Notes From The Struggle in Hawai’i
- The Politics of "Unveiling Saudi Women": Between Postcolonial Fantasies and the Surveillance State
- The Islamic State: The Fear of Decline?
- ملف من الأرشيف: نظيرة زين الدين
- Countercurrent: Bahrain Watch: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Reda al-Fardan and Mona Kareem
- Mohamed Abla Painting Award
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 8-14)
- Open Letter to Mr. Rem Koolhaas
- 'Nefes alamiyorum': Baskaldirinin farkinda misiniz?
- The Flow and Entrapment of Syrian Jazira Music
- Censorship and Detention in Egypt, A Personal Account: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Alaa Abd El Fattah and Lina Attalah
- في الإعتراض على قانون الإيجارات الجديد: رسالة مفتوحة الى المجلس النيابي
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
You need to upgrade your Flash Player