From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on the Maghreb. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Maghreb-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com (click “Submissions” on the main page for more information)].
Neither Regret Nor Remorse: Colonial Nostalgia Among French Far Right Thomas Serres examines recent comments made by French politicians and the ways they reflect historical narratives of a colonial past.
L’an I de la Révolution tunisienne ou les résurgences d’un passé qui divise Jocelyne Dakhlia reflects on the anniversary of the Tunisian Uprising, focusing mainly on the political developments following the election of a new government.
من أجل مدنية الحكم في موريتانيا Ahmed Jeddou argues in favor for the establishment of civilian rule in Mauritania, while delving into the history of the current military regime.
Maghreb Media Roundup (December 6) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Signs of New Feminism? Promises of Morocco's February 20 Zakia Salime analyzes the development of a new kind of feminism emerging in Morocco following the rise of the February 20 Movement.
Art, Politics, and Critical Citizenry in Morocco: An Interview with Driss Ksikes Allison McManus interviews Driss Ksikes, asking him questions regarding the treatment and reception of dissent in Morocco, Ksikes' support of the February 20 Movement, and the use of art and theatre as a medium for political expression.
Maghreb Media Roundup (December 13) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Politics after Abdessalam Yassine Allison McManus gives an overview of al Adl wal Ihsan's history and the politcal implications of their spirtual leader's death.
Year Three Mouin Rabbani reflects on the two year anniversary of Mohammed Bouazizi's self-immolation and the regional developments following the ousting of dictators.
Memory Wars and the Messiness of History: An Interview with Jim House on the Commemoration of 17 October 1961 Muriam Haleh Davis interviews Jim House, asking questions that delve into the 17 October 1961 massacre in Algeria and the politics of a history marked with colonial violence.
Maghreb Media Roundup (December 20) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
Maghreb Media Roundup (December 27) Weekly curation of articles published on the Maghreb from various outlets.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"without serious reform of the entire educational system, it is unlikely that the structural hindrances that impede poor people from accessing fair and equal education in the country will be overcome."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reporter Jon Snow on Gaza's Children: Misery and Responsibility
- The Informants: Manufacturing Terror
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 26)
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
- Statement by Palestinian Academics, Public Figures, and Activists in Gaza: No Ceasefire Without Justice
- The Palestinian Resistance and Its Enemies
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Debates the Tactics and Ethics of Warfare on PBS Newshour
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story http://t.co/kEHo0NzxJ5
yesterday at 10:25 AM
The Informants: Manufacturing Terror http://t.co/AXY0FGKVRh
yesterday at 9:47 AM
Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video) http://t.co/uIm7t77jEm
yesterday at 9:47 AM
عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها http://t.co/XenCubKnq1
yesterday at 9:46 AM
Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked http://t.co/IuZHBgf5zc
yesterday at 9:45 AM