From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Calls to Boycott Qatar and the UAE for Labor Violations The International Trade Union Confederation expresses its intent to organize a boycott of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar and the UAE (if selected to host the 2024 Olympics) unless these nations improve their subpar working conditions for migrant laborers.
United Nations Periodic Update on Syria The Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic of the United Nations summarizes the military situation and violations of human rights and humanitarian law covering the period between 28 September to 16 December 2012.
Reporters Without Borders Condemn Arrests in Bahrain Reporters Without Borders calls for the immediate release of human rights defender Sayed Yousef Al-Muhafda, who was arrest on December 17 on a charge of posting false information on Twitter.
Joint Statement Condemning IOF Raid on the Offices of Palestinian NGOs in Ramallah The Palestinian Human Rights Organizations Council condemns the raid on human rights NGOs' offices by Israeli Occupying Forces. During these raids, the offices were ransacked, and computers, files, and video equipment were stolen.
Israeli's Worldwide Role in Repression The International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network reports on the role of Israel’s government, military, and related corporations and organizations in a global industry of violence and repression. The states most involved with this industry profit from perpetual war and occupation across the globe while maintaining vastly unequal societies of their own.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group issues a monthly "Crisis Watch" report on Syria. These briefs are compiled here, showing the progression of the Syrian conflict.
An Open Letter of Response to CRIF (Conseil Représentatif des Institutions Juives de France) Richard Falk, a professor emeritus of international law at Princeton University, responds to allegations that he is an anti-Semite and self-hating Jew.
Access Denied: Bahrain Restricting Entry to Limit International Exposure Bahrain Watch's new project Access Denied shows how the Bahraini government is restricting the entrance of journalists, researchers, politicians, etc, through its interactive timeline and database.
An Eye Witness Account of Yemeni Students Protesting Campus Militarization Woman from Yemen narrates her experience at a student protest at Sanaa University on December 22. The protest's aim was to end the presence of the military at their education faciility.
Letter Concerning Imprisonment and Maltreatment of Omid Kokabee The Committee on Academic Freedom of the Middle East Studies Association addresses Ayatollah Ali Khamenei with their concerns over the imprisonment of Omid Kokabee, a doctoral student in physics at the University of Texas at Austin, in Iran. Mr. Kokabee has been imprisoned since his arrest in February 2011 for communicating with a hostile government and receiving illegitimate funds, both of which he denies.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"After the 2011 victory, an increasingly self-confident AKP started to consider pursuing its project for democratic reform without the cumbersome presence of the Gülenists—who had traditionally been reluctant to come to compromises with the Kurdish guerrillas (PKK)."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
- The Wonder Box
- Scholars Pledge to Boycott UIUC Over the Firing of Steven Salaita
- ما بعد الناصرية الجزء الثاني
- Why Did You Fire Professor Steven Salaita?
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
@sakkeh3arja Yes it's dated, but gaining traction as more rebels are openly calling for Israel's support of the "revolution." thx for ur voc
yesterday at 8:27 PM
[ya salaam] Syrian Rebel Wants a New Ally: Israel http://t.co/llUqfGZhi2 via @thedailybeast
yesterday at 3:20 PM
RT @BasileusZeno: ISIL Beheads American Photojournalist http://t.co/b5ZeZ3hnqe via @TheWire
yesterday at 3:10 PM
"A chance to limit spying"
http://t.co/gXAMVZu0RT by @arjunsethi81 #NSA
on Monday 18 August at 06:47 AM
MESA Committee on Academic Freedom: Letter to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Chancellor Protesting... http://t.co/DdKmHB23Ir
on Tuesday 12 August at 11:14 AM