From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Workshop: Political Slogans in a Changing Arab World
The Orient-Institut in Beirut is organizing a workshop on political slogans and the question of how political and social change is reflected in the recent development of political slogans in Egypt and the Arab world.
The workshop observes the transformation of political communication and is calling for papers that deal with written, shouted, sung and digitally spread slogans in the way in which they appear in social media, street art and other artistic forms of political protest. It especially welcomes contributions that apply methods from linguistics and discourse analysis as well as empirically grounded social research. The workshop will take place in Cairo in April 2013. The exact date is yet to be fixed. Papers in Arabic and English are welcome.
All interested researchers are invited to send an abstract before February 28, 2013 via e-mail to Dr. Thomas Scheffler: email@example.com.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Nader Srage: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also his current research project: The political slogan in a changing Arabic world: a linguistic approach.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Any movement that wishes to resist capitalist exploitation and domination needs to understand the constant changing nature of capitalist organization and power. New forms of domination and exploitation require new techniques and strategies of resistance."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Photography Media Roundup (February 5)
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 28 – February 3)
- المجتمع المدني في الخليج العربي: الواقع والاحتمالات. مقابلة للوضع بين انور الرشيد وفاتح عزام
- الحبّ هو الذي يحرّرنا
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2016)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2016)
- New Texts Out Now: Mike de Seve and Daniel Burwen, Operation Ajax: The Story of the CIA Coup that Remade the Middle East
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 2)
- Syria Media Roundup (February 3)
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 2)
- حوارٌ مع الشَّاعر الإيطالي ميلو دي آنجِلِس
- الحرب على ذاكرة الحداثة: داعش مثالاً
- Emergencies of Peace: The Exceptional State of (Academic) Affairs in Contemporary Turkey
- Empty Tahrir
- Protests in Tunisia: An Interview with Nadia Marzouki
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 1)
- Lebanon Media Roundup (January 2016)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 25-31)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 1)
- قصائد للشاعرة كراسيا العوض