From the Editors
Workshop: Political Slogans in a Changing Arab World
The Orient-Institut in Beirut is organizing a workshop on political slogans and the question of how political and social change is reflected in the recent development of political slogans in Egypt and the Arab world.
The workshop observes the transformation of political communication and is calling for papers that deal with written, shouted, sung and digitally spread slogans in the way in which they appear in social media, street art and other artistic forms of political protest. It especially welcomes contributions that apply methods from linguistics and discourse analysis as well as empirically grounded social research. The workshop will take place in Cairo in April 2013. The exact date is yet to be fixed. Papers in Arabic and English are welcome.
All interested researchers are invited to send an abstract before February 28, 2013 via e-mail to Dr. Thomas Scheffler: email@example.com.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Nader Srage: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also his current research project: The political slogan in a changing Arabic world: a linguistic approach.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World http://t.co/hYEOUmJrSx
12 hours ago
Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza http://t.co/XjZgCbg7Yf
12 hours ago
Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza http://t.co/uHOsoOJIUA
15 hours ago
Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20) http://t.co/mwBrIekKOl
yesterday at 3:16 PM
بغايا بغداد التعيسات http://t.co/6cGd9SV2z0
yesterday at 3:14 PM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)
- Video: US Aid to Israel - The Real Deal
- بغايا بغداد التعيسات
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20)
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas: Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre
- Press Release: UNRWA Commissioner-General Press Briefing on the Situation in Gaza Strip
- Kateb Yacine: A Profile from the Archives
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- On Our Intervention in Kalam al-Nas: Real Estate Development Will Not Realize the Dreams of the Lebanese
- رد مصر على الهجوم الإسرائيلي على غزة: مقابلة مع حسام الحملاوي
- Incremental Genocide: An Interview with Ilan Pappe
- HRW Improves Position on Gaza/Israel, Calls for Suspension of Some US Arms to Israel