From the Editors
Workshop: Political Slogans in a Changing Arab World
The Orient-Institut in Beirut is organizing a workshop on political slogans and the question of how political and social change is reflected in the recent development of political slogans in Egypt and the Arab world.
The workshop observes the transformation of political communication and is calling for papers that deal with written, shouted, sung and digitally spread slogans in the way in which they appear in social media, street art and other artistic forms of political protest. It especially welcomes contributions that apply methods from linguistics and discourse analysis as well as empirically grounded social research. The workshop will take place in Cairo in April 2013. The exact date is yet to be fixed. Papers in Arabic and English are welcome.
All interested researchers are invited to send an abstract before February 28, 2013 via e-mail to Dr. Thomas Scheffler: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Nader Srage: email@example.com.
See also his current research project: The political slogan in a changing Arabic world: a linguistic approach.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
لكن البعض في معسكر اليسار في المنطقة، وفي لبنان بوجه خاص، يتلقفون المشهد الدموي في سوريا بقدر من الغموض الملفتclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Syria Media Roundup (September 20)
- DARS Media Roundup (September 20)
- حروب الردة أو اغتيال المستقبل
- Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi
- Sympathy for the Devil: Palestine’s Tragic Collaborators
- LA Event--From Gaza to Ferguson: A Panel Discussion (18 September 2014)
- Understanding Modernity: A Review of the Kuwait Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
- New Texts Out Now: Myriam Ababsa, Atlas of Jordan: History, Territories, and Society
- أسباب الثورة في البحرين: حوار مع مريم الخواجة
- Yasmine Hamdan
- Telepoetic with Rami Abadir
- Media, Activism and the New Political: 'Istanbul Conversations' on New Media and Left Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 16)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 8-14)
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 15)
- Jamal ad-Din al-Afghani: A Profile from the Archives
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 12)
- The Question of Judeo/Arabic(s): Itineraries of Belonging [Lecture at GMU]
- Syria Media Roundup (September 13)
- Announcing the New Issue of Middle East Report -- Fuel and Water: The Coming Crises
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Syria Media Roundup (September 20) http://t.co/tRnZQmgxSs
18 hours ago
DARS Media Roundup (September 20) http://t.co/sYJ1O5GNyq
19 hours ago
where #media and #politics intersect: a conversation on #newmedia and #leftpolitics http://t.co/cHuE8Odpgk
yesterday at 10:59 AM
on the subversive, talented, alluring Yasmin Hamdan #music #art #arab http://t.co/BNrTbLErLB
yesterday at 10:58 AM
how to defend #palestine activists? @Nadine Naber interviews Dima Khalidi http://t.co/LwyApj1Hqd
yesterday at 10:57 AM