From the Editors
Workshop: Political Slogans in a Changing Arab World
The Orient-Institut in Beirut is organizing a workshop on political slogans and the question of how political and social change is reflected in the recent development of political slogans in Egypt and the Arab world.
The workshop observes the transformation of political communication and is calling for papers that deal with written, shouted, sung and digitally spread slogans in the way in which they appear in social media, street art and other artistic forms of political protest. It especially welcomes contributions that apply methods from linguistics and discourse analysis as well as empirically grounded social research. The workshop will take place in Cairo in April 2013. The exact date is yet to be fixed. Papers in Arabic and English are welcome.
All interested researchers are invited to send an abstract before February 28, 2013 via e-mail to Dr. Thomas Scheffler: email@example.com.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Nader Srage: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also his current research project: The political slogan in a changing Arabic world: a linguistic approach.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
ألمانيا مستفيدة من صفقة الأسلحة هذه، لأن قطاع التسليح الألماني يحصل سنويا على عشرة بالمئة من الإنفاق العالمي للأسلحةclick | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Iraqi Authorities Turn Their Sights on Journalists http://t.co/aChswfVyxN
yesterday at 11:23 AM
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15) http://t.co/amJYoopXER
yesterday at 9:49 AM
Turkey Media Roundup (April 15) http://t.co/Uy16dqzCL6
yesterday at 6:39 AM
on Monday 14 April at 10:41 AM
Egypt Media Roundup (April 14) http://t.co/JFY21bV8QB
on Monday 14 April at 10:37 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 14)
- Tartus in the Present Crisis: A Mirror of the Syrian Regime
- Good Faith or Good Tactics? How Some Anti-Divestment Groups Manipulate Public Discourse and Smear SJP
- بيروت.. أول مرّة
- Devletlesen AKP, Degismeyen Devlet?
- Reports Roundup (April 12)
- قصائد رلى الجردي
- O.I.L. Monthly Edition (March 2014)
- Teaching Arabic in the US after 9/11
- Les visages urbains d'un autre Téhéran. Perspectives comparatives sur la mégapole iranienne.
- قديسون وانتحاريون
- Violence Lointaine
- مآلات النزف البطيء: وداعاً سورية دولة مركزية
- ماذا فعلت «حماس» بالمناهج؟