From the Editors
Workshop: Political Slogans in a Changing Arab World
The Orient-Institut in Beirut is organizing a workshop on political slogans and the question of how political and social change is reflected in the recent development of political slogans in Egypt and the Arab world.
The workshop observes the transformation of political communication and is calling for papers that deal with written, shouted, sung and digitally spread slogans in the way in which they appear in social media, street art and other artistic forms of political protest. It especially welcomes contributions that apply methods from linguistics and discourse analysis as well as empirically grounded social research. The workshop will take place in Cairo in April 2013. The exact date is yet to be fixed. Papers in Arabic and English are welcome.
All interested researchers are invited to send an abstract before February 28, 2013 via e-mail to Dr. Thomas Scheffler: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Nader Srage: email@example.com.
See also his current research project: The political slogan in a changing Arabic world: a linguistic approach.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
"The official draft that the Committee of Fifty prepared is a step backward in the fight for women’s empowerment... we seek to put an end to the flagrant gender discrimination that exists in public and private life."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Turkey Media Roundup (March 11) http://t.co/bnDTiF9GB4
yesterday at 8:28 PM
About Human Breakage and Fragility http://t.co/qgM0k5IxqL
yesterday at 12:44 PM
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 11) http://t.co/YxTvlZZTed
yesterday at 8:17 AM
Quantum of Surveillance: Familiar Actors and Possible False Flags in Syrian Malware Campaigns http://t.co/3jRYm7ir9Y
yesterday at 7:50 AM
American Prospect Forum: Boycott, Divestment, Debate http://t.co/kwMuxUAiv6
yesterday at 7:34 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 11)
- Panel Discussion: “Resistance Everywhere”: The Gezi Protests and Dissident Visions of Turkey (City University of New York, 14 March)
- About Human Breakage and Fragility
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 11)
- مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي: فضاء عام أم خاص؟
- MEETING POINTS 7: Ten Thousand Wiles and a Hundred Thousand Tricks
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 3-9)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 10)
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 10)
- في نقد الثورة 1/2
- In Conversation with Artist Nadia Ayari
- In Turkey, Some Labels Keep on Giving
- Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss Is Just a Kiss
- DARS Media Roundup (March 8)
- Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadinlarin Bilme Bicimleri
- We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March!
- لماذا لم يثر الصعيد؟ محاولة أولية للفهم ودعوة للنقاش
- عن السيد الجديد والمرأة المصرية
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين