From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Workshop: Political Slogans in a Changing Arab World
The Orient-Institut in Beirut is organizing a workshop on political slogans and the question of how political and social change is reflected in the recent development of political slogans in Egypt and the Arab world.
The workshop observes the transformation of political communication and is calling for papers that deal with written, shouted, sung and digitally spread slogans in the way in which they appear in social media, street art and other artistic forms of political protest. It especially welcomes contributions that apply methods from linguistics and discourse analysis as well as empirically grounded social research. The workshop will take place in Cairo in April 2013. The exact date is yet to be fixed. Papers in Arabic and English are welcome.
All interested researchers are invited to send an abstract before February 28, 2013 via e-mail to Dr. Thomas Scheffler: email@example.com.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Nader Srage: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also his current research project: The political slogan in a changing Arabic world: a linguistic approach.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
ألمانيا مستفيدة من صفقة الأسلحة هذه، لأن قطاع التسليح الألماني يحصل سنويا على عشرة بالمئة من الإنفاق العالمي للأسلحةclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Erdogan, Turk milliyetciligi kartina oynuyor
- Letter to Amcha Initiative Regarding Its Report on UCLA Center for Near Eastern Studies
- Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23)
- Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven Salaita (27 October 2014 at GMU)
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Letter to Amcha Initiative Regarding Its Report on UCLA Center for Near Eastern Studies http://t.co/eOq5sw3gzY
yesterday at 6:31 AM
Erdoğan, Türk milliyetçiliği kartına oynuyor http://t.co/wCzR7BkXd6
yesterday at 4:27 AM
New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam http://t.co/AmeAB1qa56
yesterday at 8:30 PM
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/p6EKLEEBXg
on Thursday 23 October at 01:23 PM
Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven... http://t.co/GgjAHG3xzz
on Thursday 23 October at 01:20 PM