From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Ninth Nordic Conference on Middle Eastern Studies: Everyday Life in the Middle East
19-21 September 2013
Focusing on the multi-faceted nature of everyday life, the conference will address the diverse practices, events and attitudes that shape and are shaped by daily experiences of individuals and groups in the region. Questions related to the relationship between everyday life and political, social, religious and cultural institutions, the connections between diasporic communities and their homeland cultures and institutions, and the links between tradition and social change are significantly relevant to the conference. Paper submissions from various disciplinary, interdisciplinary and methodological approaches are encouraged.
The conference is organised by The Nordic Society for Middle Eastern Studies (NSM). NSM organises a Nordic and international conference every three years. This annual conference is open to all scholars and students who specialise in Middle Eastern Studies. The conference is also open to journalists, policy makers, activists, diplomats and others who have interests in the Middle East.
The conference is organised in cooperation with the Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Lund University.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Senior Fellow James M. Dorsey (S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies and author of the Turbulent World of Middle East Soccer Blog)
- Professor Jean-Pierre Filiu (Middle East Studies, Science Po, Paris)
- Assistant Professor Line Khatib (American University of Sharjah) and Senior Research Fellow (Inter-University Consortium for Arab and Middle Eastern Studies, McGill University)
- Professor Farhad Khosrokhavar (EHESS-CNRS, Paris)
- Film Director Nabil Maleh (Damascus/Dubai)
- Associate Professor Christa Salamandra (City University of New York)
- Deadline for submission of abstracts is 17 March 2013.
- Acceptances and rejections will be notified by April 8, 2013.
- Deadline for registration and payment: July 29, 2013.
To submit abstracts and suggestions for pre-organized panels, email Christina Rothman.
To register, click here.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“To target this innermost vertebra of the separation policy at Qalandia is to target the occupation at its weakest, and therefore, its most vulnerable link.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Syria Media Roundup (February 12)
- New Texts Out Now: Ward Vloeberghs, Architecture, Power, and Religion in Lebanon
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 10)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 10)
- من النفايات إلى النظام: الصلات والانقطاعات
- دفتر خفيف
- (Auto)-Mobility in the Global Middle East
- What is Political Economy?: The Inaugural Political Economy Project Workshop (Part 1) - from Status/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 9)
- Call for Applicants--Doctoral Dissertation Summer Workshop: Researching Lebanon
- البنك الدولي، تلاعب و تزوير من أجل تحرير الاستثمار
- إسرائيل في القدس الشرقية: من الحسم الجغرافي إلى الحسم الديموغرافي
- فلامنجو البنت الغريبة
- Speaking Truth to Power: A Panel on Academic Freedoms and the War Against Kurds in Turkey (17 February, CUNY Graduate Center, New York)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 8)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 1-7)
- Awled Amreeka?
- !قَابَ قَلْبَيْنِ أَوْ أَدْنَى
- حلقة للوضع عن دورة الإنتاج الموسيقي في فلسطين: من عكا إلى غزة
- أوراق من الشعر الليبي: ملف خاص