From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Ninth Nordic Conference on Middle Eastern Studies: Everyday Life in the Middle East
19-21 September 2013
Focusing on the multi-faceted nature of everyday life, the conference will address the diverse practices, events and attitudes that shape and are shaped by daily experiences of individuals and groups in the region. Questions related to the relationship between everyday life and political, social, religious and cultural institutions, the connections between diasporic communities and their homeland cultures and institutions, and the links between tradition and social change are significantly relevant to the conference. Paper submissions from various disciplinary, interdisciplinary and methodological approaches are encouraged.
The conference is organised by The Nordic Society for Middle Eastern Studies (NSM). NSM organises a Nordic and international conference every three years. This annual conference is open to all scholars and students who specialise in Middle Eastern Studies. The conference is also open to journalists, policy makers, activists, diplomats and others who have interests in the Middle East.
The conference is organised in cooperation with the Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Lund University.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Senior Fellow James M. Dorsey (S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies and author of the Turbulent World of Middle East Soccer Blog)
- Professor Jean-Pierre Filiu (Middle East Studies, Science Po, Paris)
- Assistant Professor Line Khatib (American University of Sharjah) and Senior Research Fellow (Inter-University Consortium for Arab and Middle Eastern Studies, McGill University)
- Professor Farhad Khosrokhavar (EHESS-CNRS, Paris)
- Film Director Nabil Maleh (Damascus/Dubai)
- Associate Professor Christa Salamandra (City University of New York)
- Deadline for submission of abstracts is 17 March 2013.
- Acceptances and rejections will be notified by April 8, 2013.
- Deadline for registration and payment: July 29, 2013.
To submit abstracts and suggestions for pre-organized panels, email Christina Rothman.
To register, click here.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Many young people of Sudan do not have to look to Egypt or Tunisia to see proof that a popular revolution can work – they need only think back to their own childhoods.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
- إشكالية المجتمع المدني في المغرب
- Press Release: Saudi Death Sentence against Shia Leader Is Politically Motivated
- الانحناء على جثة عمّان
- New Texts Out Now: Reem Charif, Mohamad Hafeda, and Joumana al Jabri, Creative Refuge
- Panel Event: After Gezi, After the Elections, After ISIS: Politics in Turkey Now (CUNY Graduate Center, 20 October 2014)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Check out 'StatusHour' live on Ustream! http://t.co/6NtRo46NzG
yesterday at 1:40 PM
Tune in now! Live-stream of panel on "Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC... http://t.co/UPUnn0Q76g
yesterday at 1:27 PM
STARTING NOW: Panel on "Operation Protective Edge: Legal & Political Implications of ICC Prosecution" #Israel #Gaza http://t.co/tqRNNtxbHy
yesterday at 1:16 PM
Today! Live-Streaming OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution: 4 pm... http://t.co/S6zbMzakLr
yesterday at 11:18 AM
Today! Live-Streaming OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution: 4 pm @ GMU: http://t.co/7XIrnyZBMY
yesterday at 11:13 AM