From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Penguin Random House merger begins a new chapter for publishing By Stephen Page (The Guardian)
Stephen Page puts a positive spin on the Penguin Random House merger, advocating that it will bring a big, bold new change for the publishing world.
Don't Burn Your Books—Print Is Here to Stay By Nicholas Carr (Wall Street Journal)
Despite the popularity of eBooks and portable eReaders, Nicholas Carr argues that the death of print publications is not yet on the horizon.
New Year's Resolutions for the Book Publishing Industry By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With new technologies abound in 2013, authors should be taking advantage of what the eBook industry has to offer, argues Jeremy Greenfield.
Barnes & Noble Faces Steep Challenge as Holiday Nook Sales Decline By Leslie Kaufman (The New York Times)
After throwing so much weight behind their eReader Nook, Barnes & Noble faces challenges in 2013 after having suffered a decline in holiday sales.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Stepping out of the vehicle, it is difficult not to reflect on the lives that were lost on this same ground, the people that were injured, and the tens of thousands of would-be Sahrawi refugees that crossed it beginning in 1975."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 24)