From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Penguin Random House merger begins a new chapter for publishing By Stephen Page (The Guardian)
Stephen Page puts a positive spin on the Penguin Random House merger, advocating that it will bring a big, bold new change for the publishing world.
Don't Burn Your Books—Print Is Here to Stay By Nicholas Carr (Wall Street Journal)
Despite the popularity of eBooks and portable eReaders, Nicholas Carr argues that the death of print publications is not yet on the horizon.
New Year's Resolutions for the Book Publishing Industry By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With new technologies abound in 2013, authors should be taking advantage of what the eBook industry has to offer, argues Jeremy Greenfield.
Barnes & Noble Faces Steep Challenge as Holiday Nook Sales Decline By Leslie Kaufman (The New York Times)
After throwing so much weight behind their eReader Nook, Barnes & Noble faces challenges in 2013 after having suffered a decline in holiday sales.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Maha Abdelrahman, Egypt's Long Revolution: Protest Movements and Uprisings
- Le Père Lebret, chroniqueur de l’Etat libanais en construction
- Expropriation, Lawlessness, and Resistance in Yirca's Olive Groves: An Interview with Olcay Bingol and Deniz Bayram
- لم يكن في خطتنا أن ننتصر
- Faculty Support Student-Workers of UAW 2865 in Solidarity with Palestinian Students and Workers
- Syria Media Roundup (November 25)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 25)
- Moving in the Maze with Cairene Artist Qarm Qart
- Larissa Sansour
- Event at GMU: The Double Execution of Saddam Hussein: Diaspora, Media, and Images, with Zainab Saleh
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 17-23)
- A French Atlas of the Gulf States
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 24)
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (23 November)
- Arab Jewish Identity and the Art of Hospitality: A Conversation with Michael Rakowitz
- Visit Our Jadaliyya/ASI/GMU Booths at MESA! #83 and #84
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)