From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Penguin Random House merger begins a new chapter for publishing By Stephen Page (The Guardian)
Stephen Page puts a positive spin on the Penguin Random House merger, advocating that it will bring a big, bold new change for the publishing world.
Don't Burn Your Books—Print Is Here to Stay By Nicholas Carr (Wall Street Journal)
Despite the popularity of eBooks and portable eReaders, Nicholas Carr argues that the death of print publications is not yet on the horizon.
New Year's Resolutions for the Book Publishing Industry By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With new technologies abound in 2013, authors should be taking advantage of what the eBook industry has to offer, argues Jeremy Greenfield.
Barnes & Noble Faces Steep Challenge as Holiday Nook Sales Decline By Leslie Kaufman (The New York Times)
After throwing so much weight behind their eReader Nook, Barnes & Noble faces challenges in 2013 after having suffered a decline in holiday sales.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Little attention has been paid to asking what motive the U.S. would have for exaggerating or concocting the connection of Iran’s government to this plot."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Life in the Qandil Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Battlefield Syria: An Interview with Omar Dahi
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- De-dramatizing Algerian Politics
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي