From the Editors
[The following is a roundup of the latest news and analyses from the publishing world that relates to pedagogy and knowledge production. It was originally published on Tadween Publishing's blog. For more updates, follow Tadween Publishing on Facebook and Twitter.]
Penguin Random House merger begins a new chapter for publishing By Stephen Page (The Guardian)
Stephen Page puts a positive spin on the Penguin Random House merger, advocating that it will bring a big, bold new change for the publishing world.
Don't Burn Your Books—Print Is Here to Stay By Nicholas Carr (Wall Street Journal)
Despite the popularity of eBooks and portable eReaders, Nicholas Carr argues that the death of print publications is not yet on the horizon.
New Year's Resolutions for the Book Publishing Industry By Jeremy Greenfield (Forbes)
With new technologies abound in 2013, authors should be taking advantage of what the eBook industry has to offer, argues Jeremy Greenfield.
Barnes & Noble Faces Steep Challenge as Holiday Nook Sales Decline By Leslie Kaufman (The New York Times)
After throwing so much weight behind their eReader Nook, Barnes & Noble faces challenges in 2013 after having suffered a decline in holiday sales.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
"The politics of religion pursued in a large number of societies called “Muslim societies” make too many concessions to the forces of traditionalism, while favoring the adoption of all the benefits of material civilization."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Open Letter: Urgent Need for Cross-Border Aid for Syrians http://t.co/HnxIdcPxtS
yesterday at 4:23 PM
Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss http://t.co/i3dWLBcToc
yesterday at 9:00 AM
DARS Media Roundup (March 8) http://t.co/0jzZ1mrTay
yesterday at 8:10 AM
Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadınların Bilme Biçimleri http://t.co/1G2BqGHJ8z
yesterday at 7:59 AM
We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March! http://t.co/JcPtoT2tLk
yesterday at 7:42 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss
- DARS Media Roundup (March 8)
- Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadinlarin Bilme Bicimleri
- We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March!
- لماذا لم يثر الصعيد؟ محاولة أولية للفهم ودعوة للنقاش
- عن السيد الجديد والمرأة المصرية
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين
- New Texts Out Now: Annika Marlen Hinze, Turkish Berlin: Integration Policy and Urban Space
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2014)
- The (Ir)relevance of Academia? Academics Lash Back at Kristof for NYT Column
- Les quartiers populaires et les printemps arabes: Elements pour une approche renouvelee
- Buradan bir cikis var mi? Ya da neden HDP’deyim?
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Muhammad Ali on his Frontline Documentary "Syria's Second Front"
- Syria Media Roundup (March 4)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 4)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 4)
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Health, Access, and Contributions
- Harvard Event: The History of Syrian Revolt: Structural Causes and Dynamics (4 March)
- الأنبار بين مفهومين: الحرب والسلام