From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[This is a roundup of news articles and other materials circulating on the Maghreb and reflects a wide variety of opinions. It does not reflect the views of the Maghreb Page Editors or of Jadaliyya. You may send your own recommendations for inclusion in each week's roundup to email@example.com by Wednesday night of every week.]
L'opération de l'armée se poursuit, "quelques morts et blessés" affirme le gouvernement algérien Radio France gives a chronological account of the hostage situation in Algeria.
L'armée algérienne s'attaque aux islamistes armés Video news update on Algerian army attacks on armed faction holding hostages.
Mali, Algeria discuss intervention fallout Walid Ramzi reports on Malian president’s visit to Algeria and Mali-Algeria relations
Hundreds in limbo at camp on the Tunisian-Libyan border Humanitarian news site IRIN reports on the situation of refugees stuck on the Libyan border.
Huge concert in Tripoli brings in Amazigh New Year Ayman Akelky reports on Amazigh New Year’s celebrations in Tripoli.
Breaking the hold of politics on Libyan society Osama Matri critiques the narrative of political weakness holding back development of robust Libyan civil society.
Operation Serval: The View from Mauritania Nasser Wedaddy describes Mauritanian political and societal perspectives on the conflict in Mali.
A Mauritania Outlook The Moor Next Door comments on Abdel Aziz’s government, its opposition and international perspectives.
“المشاهد” تنفرد بنشر الوثيقة السرية لـ”لحراطين” Blogger Arabliss presents documents exposing systematic oppression and enslavement of “Hratin” people.
المنسقية : نرفض مشاركة موريتانيا في الحرب وبقاء عزيز في السلطة Protesters hold large demonstrations against Mauritanian involvement in Mali
لجامعي يرد على أطروحة أن النظام المغربي ينوي الدمقرطة Academics respond to discussions of the recent Moroccan constitution and assertions of its contributions to democracy.
Finances publiques: Alerte rouge Omar Radi highlights the atrocious state of Moroccan indebtedness and its effects on the market.
Les Mia du moyen atlas Sheryn Ziani describes the plight of young women in the rural Middle Atlas region.
Morocco to boost growth through youth jobs Hassan Benmehdi reports on Moroccan Economic, Social, and Environmental Council’s focus on combatting youth unemployment as a development strategy.
Review: Byad ou k7al The Mixtape est la Yasser Rougui reviews Moroccan producer Don Bigg’s latest project (with audio clips.)
حوار مع وزير الشؤون الاجتماعية خليل الزاوية Tunisian blog Nawaat interviews Minister of Social Affairs Khalil Zaouia
Sheratongate: Blogger's allegations against Foreign Minister land her in court Reporters Without Borders follows the public prosecutor’s investigation of blogger Olfa Riahi, who accused Foreign Minister Rafik Abdessalam of abusing public funds.
Two years since the uprising, justice must be done Amnesty International implores Tunisian authorities to address demands of families of those killed and injured during uprisings.
Prime Minister, major unions sign social pact on revolution's anniversary Roua Seghaier describes the social pact signed in Tunisia, which cause controversy amongst labor syndicates.
Recent Jadaliyya Articles on the Maghreb
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Media on Media Roundup (April 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 17-23)
- Berkeley Event--6 Days, 50 Years: 1967 and the Politics of Time (28 April 2017)
- ما التنوير؟ غوغل، ويكيليكس، وإعادة تنظيم العالم
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 25)
- Turkey After the Referendum: A Roundtable
- Revisiting ‘Foucault in Iran’: A Response
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Spring 2017 Issue: Editor's Note and Table of Contents
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 24)
- The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea, 1840-1920
- Syria Media Roundup (April 24)
- Visualizing Campus Collective Action for Palestine Solidarity
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016