From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
University of California Student Petition Against HR-35 Surpasses 1,000 Signatures UC Students for Justice in Palestine reports on the status of the student petition denouncing California State Assembly HR-35, which equates criticism of Israeli state policies with anti-Semitism, thus stifling the freedom of expression of pro-Palestinian views.
Statement in Memory of Three Kurdish Activists Killed in Paris The EU Turkey Civic Commission higlights the achievements of Kurdish activists Sakine Canziz, Fidan Dogan, and Leyla Söylemez and condemns the attack that killed them in Paris.
Jadaliyya Co-Editor Sinan Antoon Shortlisted for Arabic Booker Prize Antoon's third novel, Ya Maryam (Ave Maria), has been shortlisted for the 2013 International Prize for Arabic Fiction.
Statement by Palestinian Residents of New Village in East Jerusalem: Bab al-Shams On 11 January, 250 Palestinians state their goals for establishing the village of Bab al-Shams in East Jerusalem. Within a few days, the Israeli military forcibly evicted these activists.
US Department of Homeland Security's Media Monitoring Manual Made available through the efforts of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, this manual describes DHS's practice of using keywords to monitor the traffic of information across the internet.
Detention of Activists Continues in Oman The Gulf Centre for Human Rights reports on the recent arrest of human rights defender Saed Jadad in Muscat.
Torture, Drones, and Detention: A Conversation Between Laleh Khalili and Lisa Hajjar The following is an audio recording of a book talk between Laleh Khalili, author of Time in the Shadows: Confinement in Counterinsurgencies, and Lisa Hajjar, author of Torture: A Sociology of Violence and Human Rights.
EIPR Analysis: Overturning of Mubarak and Adli Conviction Expected Outcome of a Flawed Trial The Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights offers a legal and political analysis of Mubarak's first trial and its flaws and recommends how those blunders can be avoided in the retrial.
Personal Status Litigation for Palestinians in Israel: A Controversial Issue (Jadal Issue 16, December 2012) The most recent issue of Jadal, a quarterly journal published by Mada al-Carmel, covers the issue of how private and family life questions are handled legally for Palestinians in Israel.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
لقد كانت تركيا أول دولة ذات أغلبية مسلمة تعترف بالدولة الصهيونية، وعقدت معها منذ الخمسينيات صفقات تجاريةclick | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon http://t.co/BDM7HVoGPU via @jadaliyya
11 hours ago
Jadaliyya co-founder on telling alternative stories about the Arab world, understanding the life cycles of... http://t.co/v5ulgQ08N0
22 hours ago
إباء رزق: غزة والبحر http://t.co/quAYpFryGE
23 hours ago
Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields http://t.co/nWci0kW6J2
23 hours ago
Stasis Shift: "Guernica" Interviews "Jadaliyya" Co-Founder Bassam Haddad http://t.co/SmxXf0umos
23 hours ago
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- غزة والبحر
- Stasis Shift: Guernica Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Founder Bassam Haddad
- On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- On Not Despising the Present: Some Notes on Faris Giacaman’s 'The Sadness of Post-Militance'
- Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields
- الزمن الآخر\اتصال هاتفي في ساعة متأخرة من الليل
- On the Road: An Exhibition by Paul Ayoub Geday
- Event: Angela Davis and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on Mass Incarceration in the United States and Palestine (19 April, Evergreen State College)
- DARS Media Roundup (April 16)
- New Texts Out Now: Valeska Huber, Channelling Mobilities: Migration and Globalisation in the Suez Canal Region and Beyond
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (16 April)
- Syria Media Roundup (April 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 14)
- Tartus in the Present Crisis: A Mirror of the Syrian Regime
- Good Faith or Good Tactics? How Some Anti-Divestment Groups Manipulate Public Discourse and Smear SJP