From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
University of California Student Petition Against HR-35 Surpasses 1,000 Signatures UC Students for Justice in Palestine reports on the status of the student petition denouncing California State Assembly HR-35, which equates criticism of Israeli state policies with anti-Semitism, thus stifling the freedom of expression of pro-Palestinian views.
Statement in Memory of Three Kurdish Activists Killed in Paris The EU Turkey Civic Commission higlights the achievements of Kurdish activists Sakine Canziz, Fidan Dogan, and Leyla Söylemez and condemns the attack that killed them in Paris.
Jadaliyya Co-Editor Sinan Antoon Shortlisted for Arabic Booker Prize Antoon's third novel, Ya Maryam (Ave Maria), has been shortlisted for the 2013 International Prize for Arabic Fiction.
Statement by Palestinian Residents of New Village in East Jerusalem: Bab al-Shams On 11 January, 250 Palestinians state their goals for establishing the village of Bab al-Shams in East Jerusalem. Within a few days, the Israeli military forcibly evicted these activists.
US Department of Homeland Security's Media Monitoring Manual Made available through the efforts of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, this manual describes DHS's practice of using keywords to monitor the traffic of information across the internet.
Detention of Activists Continues in Oman The Gulf Centre for Human Rights reports on the recent arrest of human rights defender Saed Jadad in Muscat.
Torture, Drones, and Detention: A Conversation Between Laleh Khalili and Lisa Hajjar The following is an audio recording of a book talk between Laleh Khalili, author of Time in the Shadows: Confinement in Counterinsurgencies, and Lisa Hajjar, author of Torture: A Sociology of Violence and Human Rights.
EIPR Analysis: Overturning of Mubarak and Adli Conviction Expected Outcome of a Flawed Trial The Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights offers a legal and political analysis of Mubarak's first trial and its flaws and recommends how those blunders can be avoided in the retrial.
Personal Status Litigation for Palestinians in Israel: A Controversial Issue (Jadal Issue 16, December 2012) The most recent issue of Jadal, a quarterly journal published by Mada al-Carmel, covers the issue of how private and family life questions are handled legally for Palestinians in Israel.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut http://t.co/qWkYjpnv73
20 hours ago
Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World http://t.co/hYEOUmJrSx
23 hours ago
Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza http://t.co/XjZgCbg7Yf
23 hours ago
Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza http://t.co/uHOsoOJIUA
yesterday at 3:12 AM
Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20) http://t.co/mwBrIekKOl
yesterday at 3:16 PM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)
- Video: US Aid to Israel - The Real Deal
- بغايا بغداد التعيسات
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20)
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas: Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre
- Press Release: UNRWA Commissioner-General Press Briefing on the Situation in Gaza Strip
- Kateb Yacine: A Profile from the Archives
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- On Our Intervention in Kalam al-Nas: Real Estate Development Will Not Realize the Dreams of the Lebanese
- رد مصر على الهجوم الإسرائيلي على غزة: مقابلة مع حسام الحملاوي
- Incremental Genocide: An Interview with Ilan Pappe
- HRW Improves Position on Gaza/Israel, Calls for Suspension of Some US Arms to Israel