From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
I send this message to the free Kuwaiti people,
To His Highness the Emir,
And to the Bedoon heroes:
My brothers and countrymen, Kuwait is screaming with injustice. How long will this last? If this injustice practiced against the Bedoon does not stop, we will all lose our country. My brothers and countrymen, stand together against injustice and the oppressors and do not let down your Bedoon brothers in their legitimate, heroic and historic fight for their freedom.
Your Highness the Emir:
My country is screaming with injustice. You have always called on us all to respect the constitution and the law, yet the injustice and oppression happening to the people of our country has nothing to do with justice, law or the constitution. The security system is playing with the country’s security and people. It is violating the law and constitution. I hope you take a serious and firm stance in correcting these transgressions. I hope you issue an order promptly to guarantee everyone's rights.
My brothers the Bedoon:
Throughout history, an oppressor has never won against free people. You have two roads from which to choose. Either the road of freedom and dignity or the road of slavery and humiliation. I have taken the road of freedom and I will not turn away from this hard road until I reach its end. Today, after all those trials and tribulations, which road you will take?
At 7p.m. on 16 January 2013, I officially announce from this freedom cell in Kuwait's Central Jail that I will go on an indefinite hunger strike in protest of the injustice and the cases fabricated unfairly against me by the security system. They are trying to destroy my life, reputation, future, and freedom. They are torturing me to force me to stop my activism for the cause of the stateless of Kuwait. I will not stop my hunger strike until:
- I am released;
- Cases fabricated against me are dropped;
- The formation of a national nonpartisan committee to investigate cases of kidnapping, arrests, torture, and fabrications against activists, including my own case.
Most probably, this will be my last message to you for the time being as I am sure there will be repercussions after this message is released to the media and the public. I know I will be put into solitary confinement, away from the light of the sun and people, to punish me for exercising my right to defend my freedom through a hunger strike.
Human rights activist and defender of the rights of Kuwait's Bedoon
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Why would Primo Levi condemn the execution and demand a trial for terrorists and tyrants? We need look no farther than the profoundly elemental title of his Auschwitz memoir If This Is A Man.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, "The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam" http://t.co/GoJFcrptWK
12 hours ago
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/ala4z9VTI1
14 hours ago
سنان أنطون: أشباح سركون بولص http://t.co/QDIHdVxMyV
15 hours ago
UC Irvine Event: Bassam Haddad on 'The Syrian Tragedy: Causes, Dynamics, and Consequences' (23 October 2014) http://t.co/ceCa3CqUBC
17 hours ago
خالد المعالي: ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص http://t.co/Pei5CgRhjb
18 hours ago