From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Sunday, 20 January, a new proposal will be made in the parliament regarding the Bedoon issue. According to MP Khaled AlShlaimi, the law will include 17 articles. The law will define a Bedoon as a person who is registered in the Central Agency for Illegal Residents and lives in Kuwait. He also stated that the law, if passed, will give IDs valid for five years to Bedoon designating their nationality as "undefined." Those IDs would be approved to be used in official places and courts in Kuwait.
AlShlaimi added that the law would grant Bedoon all documents, free education in public schools, free health care, and priority to employment over migrant workers. It proposes for the Bedoon employment treatment in payment and privileges equal to citizens. The MP did not mention any laws proposed regarding citizenship.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Security coordination aims to crush any form of resistance, armed or peaceful. The PA elite is highly dependent on security apparatuses to ensure their safety, protect their wealth, and suppress political opposition."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Not Much Special in UN Middle East Missions
- إعادة ابتكار فلسطين: السينما من أجل السلام في جنين
- The Armenian Genocide and the Politics of Knowledge
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (March-April 2015)
- Naema’s Office is Bleeding
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (April-May 2015)
- We Are All Uncomfortable: On Academic Boycott & What Is Productive
- New Texts Out Now: Bedross Der Matossian, Shattered Dreams of Revolution: From Liberty to Violence in the Late Ottoman Empire
- Memory and Forgetfulness in A Settler Colony
- طائرة الجثامين الصباحية
- Wearing Catastrophe on Our Chests
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 19)
- Academic Freedom, Ethics, and Responsibility: The Silencing and Censoring of Palestine in Western Liberal Academia
- Then and Now: LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on State Institutions in Lebanon
- النكبة كمصل في الوريد
- Turkey Media Roundup (May 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 18)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 11-17)
- This is the Time. This is the Record of the Time