From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Sunday, 20 January, a new proposal will be made in the parliament regarding the Bedoon issue. According to MP Khaled AlShlaimi, the law will include 17 articles. The law will define a Bedoon as a person who is registered in the Central Agency for Illegal Residents and lives in Kuwait. He also stated that the law, if passed, will give IDs valid for five years to Bedoon designating their nationality as "undefined." Those IDs would be approved to be used in official places and courts in Kuwait.
AlShlaimi added that the law would grant Bedoon all documents, free education in public schools, free health care, and priority to employment over migrant workers. It proposes for the Bedoon employment treatment in payment and privileges equal to citizens. The MP did not mention any laws proposed regarding citizenship.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Triumph of the Bureaucracy: A Decade of Aborted Social and Political Change in Egypt
- Maghreb Media Roundup (January 30)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2015)
- Gender and the Production of Islamic Urban Space in Iran
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (29 January)
- The Guide for Using Life: A Graphic Novel and Exhibition
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2015)
- Deadline for Applications: M.A. in Middle East and Islamic Studies at George Mason University
- Revolution and Despair
- Reconsidering the Rif Revolt (1958-59)
- New Texts Out Now: Toby Matthiesen, The Other Saudis: Shiism, Dissent, and Sectarianism
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 27)
- Asli Bali on Iranian-US Nuclear Negotiations and What Republican Invite to Netanyahu Means
- Turkey Media Roundup (January 27)
- Palestinian Authority Security Cooperation and the Internationalization of Occupation: The Case of Ahmad Sa’adat
- Egypt Media Roundup (January 26)
- Composer Maurice Louca on Salute the Parrot
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 19-25)
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (November-December 2014)
- STATUS/الوضع: Episode -3