From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Sunday, 20 January, a new proposal will be made in the parliament regarding the Bedoon issue. According to MP Khaled AlShlaimi, the law will include 17 articles. The law will define a Bedoon as a person who is registered in the Central Agency for Illegal Residents and lives in Kuwait. He also stated that the law, if passed, will give IDs valid for five years to Bedoon designating their nationality as "undefined." Those IDs would be approved to be used in official places and courts in Kuwait.
AlShlaimi added that the law would grant Bedoon all documents, free education in public schools, free health care, and priority to employment over migrant workers. It proposes for the Bedoon employment treatment in payment and privileges equal to citizens. The MP did not mention any laws proposed regarding citizenship.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Despite the resumption of bilateral negotiations, the potential to shift away from the Oslo framework remains viable precisely because the options created by the statehood bid remain available."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Roundtable On Refugee Crisis: Historical Legacies, Political Context, and Legal Mechanisms
- Loeterman’s Documentary on Palestine (1913): Seeds of Conflict
- Palestine Media Roundup (October 1 – 7)
- Teach-In On Gaza: History, Politics, and Economics (GU Event)
- المدن نساء حلم متأخر
- Whitewashing Colonialism
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (August-October)
- Life in the Qandil Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Battlefield Syria: An Interview with Omar Dahi
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)