From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Sunday, 20 January, a new proposal will be made in the parliament regarding the Bedoon issue. According to MP Khaled AlShlaimi, the law will include 17 articles. The law will define a Bedoon as a person who is registered in the Central Agency for Illegal Residents and lives in Kuwait. He also stated that the law, if passed, will give IDs valid for five years to Bedoon designating their nationality as "undefined." Those IDs would be approved to be used in official places and courts in Kuwait.
AlShlaimi added that the law would grant Bedoon all documents, free education in public schools, free health care, and priority to employment over migrant workers. It proposes for the Bedoon employment treatment in payment and privileges equal to citizens. The MP did not mention any laws proposed regarding citizenship.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Syria Media Roundup (April 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 13-19)
- Sharjah Biennial 12: Nikhil Chopra's Use like Water
- Answering the Call: Popular Islamic Activism in Sadat's Egypt: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Abdullah Al-Arian and Anthony Alessandrini
- Black Feminism Is: Reflections on the Black Feminist Think Tank Symposium
- National Association of Chicana and Chicano Studies Annual Conference Endorses Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Reflections on Public Spaces in Revolutionary and Post-Revolutionary Tunis
- من اجل مجتمع مدني فاعل في مصر: مقابلة للوضع بين لينا عطا الله وجاسر عبد الرازق
- إدواردو غاليانو: عدوّ النسيان
- Academics for Palestine Ireland supports the organisers of the Southampton conference
- Twenty Wheelchairs Roam Downtown Cairo in Mission Roosevelt
- نقابة الصحفيين: احتكار بالقانون
- عن ما بعد الثورة وقبلها: مقابلة للوضع بين سنان أنطون وبلال فضل
- Dwekh Nawsha: A Christian-Iraqi Militia
- The Joint List: The Fetishism of Representation and the Illusion of Influence
- On Developments in Yarmouk: France 24 Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- New Texts Out Now: Ran Greenstein, Zionism and its Discontents: A Century of Radical Dissent in Israel/Palestine
- It’s a Kind of a Domesticated Wilderness: An Interview with Abbas Akhavan
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 14)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 14)