From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Sunday, 20 January, a new proposal will be made in the parliament regarding the Bedoon issue. According to MP Khaled AlShlaimi, the law will include 17 articles. The law will define a Bedoon as a person who is registered in the Central Agency for Illegal Residents and lives in Kuwait. He also stated that the law, if passed, will give IDs valid for five years to Bedoon designating their nationality as "undefined." Those IDs would be approved to be used in official places and courts in Kuwait.
AlShlaimi added that the law would grant Bedoon all documents, free education in public schools, free health care, and priority to employment over migrant workers. It proposes for the Bedoon employment treatment in payment and privileges equal to citizens. The MP did not mention any laws proposed regarding citizenship.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"In this transnational, cosmopolitan, and neoliberal environment, the compartmentalization of foreign matter –people, practices, and ideas– is fundamentally an assertion of cultural sovereignty over the domain punctuated by these exceptional spaces."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قل "انتهاكات الحقوق الاقتصادية" ولا تقل "جرائم الفساد"
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (September-October 2014)
- Labor Strikes in the GCC: Deportations and Victories in 2014
- Analog Sound
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (Audio Recording)
- البحر من هنا
- الحراك الجمعيّ على مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي: تشكيل البدائل وبناء الرأي العام
- Radio France Internationale Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Samia Errazzouki on General Strike in Morocco
- New Texts Out Now: Nazan Maksudyan, Orphans and Destitute Children in the Late Ottoman Empire
- الحق في المدينة، في الأرض، وفي البحر
- Syria Media Roundup (October 28)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 28)
- DARS Media Roundup (October 28)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 28)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- البحر الذي تواطأ مع الغزَّاة: منمنمات من ساحل المتوسط / فلسطين المحتلة
- مقدمة: البحر من هنا
- هذا البحر لي
- Sarah Samy
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 20-26)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (September-October 2014) http://t.co/6tPHKLfjLx
yesterday at 9:10 AM
Labor Strikes in the GCC: Deportations and Victories in 2014 http://t.co/8qnpEbJRFX
yesterday at 8:05 AM
Analog sound http://t.co/2AgLn7p8VL
on Thursday 30 October at 06:59 AM
نهى عناب: البحر من هنا http://t.co/nYLAElqbt5
on Thursday 30 October at 06:45 AM
تالا حلاوة: الحراك الجمعي على مواقع التواصل الإجتماعي: تشكيل البدائل وبناء الرأي العام http://t.co/rMkNhJEigL
on Thursday 30 October at 06:41 AM