From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Sunday, 20 January, a new proposal will be made in the parliament regarding the Bedoon issue. According to MP Khaled AlShlaimi, the law will include 17 articles. The law will define a Bedoon as a person who is registered in the Central Agency for Illegal Residents and lives in Kuwait. He also stated that the law, if passed, will give IDs valid for five years to Bedoon designating their nationality as "undefined." Those IDs would be approved to be used in official places and courts in Kuwait.
AlShlaimi added that the law would grant Bedoon all documents, free education in public schools, free health care, and priority to employment over migrant workers. It proposes for the Bedoon employment treatment in payment and privileges equal to citizens. The MP did not mention any laws proposed regarding citizenship.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Soma, Ermenek, Yirca: Can Anti-Coal Activists Defend Coal Miners and Olive Farmers?
- Historical Realities of Concept Pop: Debating Art in Egypt
- New Texts Out Now: Isabelle Werenfels, Beyond Authoritarian Upgrading: The Re-Emergence of Sufi Orders in Maghrebi Politics
- Syria Media Roundup (December 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 16)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 16)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 15)
- Aloha Aina: Notes From The Struggle in Hawai’i
- The Politics of "Unveiling Saudi Women": Between Postcolonial Fantasies and the Surveillance State
- The Islamic State: The Fear of Decline?
- ملف من الأرشيف: نظيرة زين الدين
- Countercurrent: Bahrain Watch: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Reda al-Fardan and Mona Kareem
- Mohamed Abla Painting Award
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 8-14)
- Open Letter to Mr. Rem Koolhaas
- 'Nefes alamiyorum': Baskaldirinin farkinda misiniz?
- The Flow and Entrapment of Syrian Jazira Music
- Censorship and Detention in Egypt, A Personal Account: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Alaa Abd El Fattah and Lina Attalah
- في الإعتراض على قانون الإيجارات الجديد: رسالة مفتوحة الى المجلس النيابي
- Basim Magdy: Measuring the Last Breaths of Time on a Fading Scale