From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Once I Was Here: Benefit for Syrian Refugees
31 January 2013
A silent auction of photographs in aid of Syrian refugees featuring the works of world-renowned frontline photojournalists.
Click here to access the auction website.
This is where all bidding will take place live from 9am to 9:30pm EST on Thursday, 31 January.
On the site, you need to create an account so you can bid on one or more of the awe-inspiring photos kindly donated by the world's top photojournalists.
If you are coming to the event to see these incredible photos firsthand, you will still be able to bid, provided you have access to a smart phone that can access the internet. (So in other words -- don't forget your phone!)
You can see all the images on our Facebook page, but you cannot bid on Facebook -- you have to go to the auction site to bid.
345 Sorauren Avenue
Please RSVP to email@example.com
100% of proceeds go to The Collateral Repair Project and The Church of Mafraq, Jordan.
Featuring photographs for silent auction by:
Ghaith Abdul Ahad
Tamara Abdul Hadi
James Whitlow Delano
Marco Di Lauro
Jason P. Howe
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Hasn’t there been enough speaking about 9/11? Perhaps it’s time for a form of solidarity built around the act of listening.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- De-dramatizing Algerian Politics
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي
- DARS Media Roundup (September 2015)
- LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on Electricity in Early Independence Lebanon
- NPR's 'Here and Now' Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Rosie Bsheer About Redevelopment in Mecca
- Cities Media Roundup (September 2015)