From the Editors
Once I Was Here: Benefit for Syrian Refugees
31 January 2013
A silent auction of photographs in aid of Syrian refugees featuring the works of world-renowned frontline photojournalists.
Click here to access the auction website.
This is where all bidding will take place live from 9am to 9:30pm EST on Thursday, 31 January.
On the site, you need to create an account so you can bid on one or more of the awe-inspiring photos kindly donated by the world's top photojournalists.
If you are coming to the event to see these incredible photos firsthand, you will still be able to bid, provided you have access to a smart phone that can access the internet. (So in other words -- don't forget your phone!)
You can see all the images on our Facebook page, but you cannot bid on Facebook -- you have to go to the auction site to bid.
345 Sorauren Avenue
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
100% of proceeds go to The Collateral Repair Project and The Church of Mafraq, Jordan.
Featuring photographs for silent auction by:
Ghaith Abdul Ahad
Tamara Abdul Hadi
James Whitlow Delano
Marco Di Lauro
Jason P. Howe
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The most ironic aspect of the Hebrew University’s call for an oral history conference is that the campus stands on expropriated land... Given oral history’s tradition of advocacy for the displaced, these facts should give scholars contemplating participation in the oral history conference pause for thought."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31)
- On SJP’s Freedom to Organize: An Open Letter from CUNY Faculty
- New Texts (NEWTON) Compilation by Category For Fall Semester
- One Century after World War I and the Balfour Declaration: Palestine and Palestine Studies
- Italian-Palestinian Relations: What Went Wrong?
- From Containment to Counterinsurgency in the Gaza Strip
- Sharing the Nile Waters According to Needs
- After The Ceasefire: Searching for Accountability
- Cities Media Roundup (August 1-30)
- Message From Human Rights Defender Maryam al-Khawaja
- Beard Phobia
- نفس الكتاب".. جرحٌ تعجز الكتابة عن لَأْمِه"
- On the Margins Roundup (August)
- Prominent Human Rights Lawyer Ahmed Seif al-Islam Dies
- An Open Letter
- New Texts Out Now: Erin Runions, The Babylon Complex: Theopolitical Fantasies of War, Sex, and Sovereignty
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26)
- الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري
- Syria Media Roundup (August 15)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Call for Submissions: Rhonda A. Saad Prize for Best Graduate Paper in Modern and Contemporary Arab Art http://t.co/aHY0mnUmdj
12 hours ago
Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31) http://t.co/hHrD9k6F9m
16 hours ago
New Texts (NEWTON) Compilation By Category For Fall Semester http://t.co/Ij3oWHUcW4
17 hours ago
On SJP’s Freedom to Organize: An Open Letter from CUNY Faculty http://t.co/EUKyx5oFGW
17 hours ago
RT @ziadaburish: Great breakdown of stakes/logistics of #ADL recruiting student leaders via free trips to #Israel http://t.co/jzk0XUBygb @M…
yesterday at 12:23 PM