From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Once I Was Here: Benefit for Syrian Refugees
31 January 2013
A silent auction of photographs in aid of Syrian refugees featuring the works of world-renowned frontline photojournalists.
Click here to access the auction website.
This is where all bidding will take place live from 9am to 9:30pm EST on Thursday, 31 January.
On the site, you need to create an account so you can bid on one or more of the awe-inspiring photos kindly donated by the world's top photojournalists.
If you are coming to the event to see these incredible photos firsthand, you will still be able to bid, provided you have access to a smart phone that can access the internet. (So in other words -- don't forget your phone!)
You can see all the images on our Facebook page, but you cannot bid on Facebook -- you have to go to the auction site to bid.
345 Sorauren Avenue
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
100% of proceeds go to The Collateral Repair Project and The Church of Mafraq, Jordan.
Featuring photographs for silent auction by:
Ghaith Abdul Ahad
Tamara Abdul Hadi
James Whitlow Delano
Marco Di Lauro
Jason P. Howe
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The rise of Arab Nationalism and invention of the handheld transistor radio proved a fatal combination."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (February 2015)
- Minyan Village Mourns: A Photographic Essay
- Burj el Imam: Music by Sharif Sehnaoui, Raed Yassin and Alan Bishop
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.1 is Live!
- New Texts Out Now: Jonathan A.C. Brown, Misquoting Muhammad: The Challenges and Choices of Interpreting the Prophet’s Legacy
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 24)
- Beyond Authenticity: ISIS and the Islamic Legal Tradition
- A New Secularism?
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 24)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 23)
- Sacrificing Humans
- Cornell University Event: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad and US Ambassador Dennis Ross Debate US Policy in the Middle East (3 March)
- Syria Media Roundup (February 16)
- Islam Kamal: Filmmaker from Alexandria
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 16-22)
- 'The Thing Is to Be Light as Air': An Interview with Mai Al-Nakib
- Open Letter: Racism, Militarism, Poverty: From Ferguson to Palestine
- موسى أساريد: أربعة نصوص
- الجرف الصامد والدروع البشريّة
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (21 February)