From the Editors
Once I Was Here: Benefit for Syrian Refugees
31 January 2013
A silent auction of photographs in aid of Syrian refugees featuring the works of world-renowned frontline photojournalists.
Click here to access the auction website.
This is where all bidding will take place live from 9am to 9:30pm EST on Thursday, 31 January.
On the site, you need to create an account so you can bid on one or more of the awe-inspiring photos kindly donated by the world's top photojournalists.
If you are coming to the event to see these incredible photos firsthand, you will still be able to bid, provided you have access to a smart phone that can access the internet. (So in other words -- don't forget your phone!)
You can see all the images on our Facebook page, but you cannot bid on Facebook -- you have to go to the auction site to bid.
345 Sorauren Avenue
Please RSVP to email@example.com
100% of proceeds go to The Collateral Repair Project and The Church of Mafraq, Jordan.
Featuring photographs for silent auction by:
Ghaith Abdul Ahad
Tamara Abdul Hadi
James Whitlow Delano
Marco Di Lauro
Jason P. Howe
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
“Depicting the pyramids as [...] “Egypt” perpetuates a romanticized conception of Egyptians[…] Using this image is a missed opportunity to convey the uncertainty facing many Egyptians as well as a perpetuation of a false Egyptian identity.”click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
حارث حسن: عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها http://t.co/9TZ0i599Ow
10 hours ago
Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked http://t.co/25osP0AzAk
yesterday at 10:05 PM
Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video) http://t.co/WsmfqJcSKm
yesterday at 2:02 PM
No Ceasefire without Justice for Gaza http://t.co/ivVPmrYo29
yesterday at 12:08 PM
[now, even the BBC!] When BBC Calls, Don't Answer: http://t.co/XGcT0Sv5l6 via @rfalk13
yesterday at 11:25 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
- Statement by Palestinian Academics, Public Figures, and Activists in Gaza: No Ceasefire Without Justice
- Video: Gaza—Is This a War on Children?
- Press Release: From Tel Aviv to Toronto, Los Angeles to London, Chicago to San Francisco, Jews Say No to Israeli Genocide
- The Palestinian Resistance and Its Enemies
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Debates the Tactics and Ethics of Warfare on PBS Newshour
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)